Windows 10: I just installed a new graphics card and my pc turns on but it's unresponsive

Discus and support I just installed a new graphics card and my pc turns on but it's unresponsive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I just bought and installed a new graphics card into my desktop computerThe old one was an Nvidia GTX 1050 and the new one an Amd Radeon RX6600I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by buster gerstrand knive, Feb 1, 2023.

1. I just installed a new graphics card and my pc turns on but it's unresponsive

Hi! I just bought and installed a new graphics card into my desktop computerThe old one was an Nvidia GTX 1050 and the new one an Amd Radeon RX6600I plugged everything in, pressed the start button and my pc seemed to boot. Except it only got to the screen with the logo where it says press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings. But it won't let me enter when I press the buttons on my keyboard nothing happens. I put the old card back in and it works fine. Maybe I need to remove the old drivers from the other card first? Would love to find a solution to this quickly

:)

buster gerstrand knive, Feb 1, 2023

2. PC slow with new graphics card

In an attempt to upgrade my old PC, I replaced my Geforce 9800 GT graphics card with a new Radeon RX580 graphics card. Unfortunately, with the new graphics card installed and my old graphics card removed, my PC takes 10 minutes to boot. Task manager shows
    a high percentage of system interrupts after I login and my PC is too slow to use.

Interestingly, if my old and new graphics cards are installed, my problem completely goes away. I could just leave both graphics cards installed and disable my old card, but I'd really like to remove my old card to give my new card more
    breathing space inside my case.

How do I make my PC responsive with my old graphics card removed and my new graphics card installed?

I've tried the following:

1. Used Display Driver Uninstaller to remove my old display drivers.
    2. Physically disconnected all non-essential devices.
    3. Used device manager to disable all non-essential devices.
    4. Updated all drivers.
    5. Used dsim and sfc /scannow to repair corrupt files (no corruptions found).
    6. Used Microsoft Windows Performance Analyser to create an ETL file.

PC specs:

• Gigabyte ga-ud5-ex58 motherboard with F13 BIOS (latest version).
    • Intel i7 920 CPU.
    • 32GB RAM.
    • Samsung SSD.
    • Geforce 9800 GT graphics card.
    • Windows 10.

JonThornton2, Feb 1, 2023
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Feb 1, 2023
  4. P4-630 Win User

I just installed a new graphics card and my pc turns on but it's unresponsive

How to install/use new graphics card when currently running igp

Ok, I know I can't buy the GTX1070 yet, but once I have it, how do I install/use it?
    Currently I'm using Intel HD530 graphics on my i5 6500 CPU.

What I think the procedure should be:
    • Leave the DVI cable connected to the motherboard, startup PC with IGP.
    • Go in the BIOS and look for an option to disable IGP and enable PCIe graphics.
    • Save BIOS (do I still have display once I saved this setting?) and shut down.
    • Inserting new graphics card.
    • Connect DVI cable to graphics card.
    • Startup PC.
    • Install new graphics driver.
    Would this be the correct way?
    Also do I need to uninstall the Intel graphics before installing the Nvidia display driver
    (or even before doing the mentioned steps above)?

Thanks!

P4-630, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

I just installed a new graphics card and my pc turns on but it's unresponsive

1. I just installed a new graphics card and my pc turns on but it's unresponsive - Similar Threads - installed graphics card

2. Everytime i put in my new graphics card my pc bluescreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i put in my new graphics card my pc bluescreens: Pc works fine before i put it in. As soon as i put it in it bluescreens on start up, goes to automatic repair and says it couldnt repair. The new graphics card worked for a while but randomly this started happening and now it never boots with it in. I would send the log files...
  3. Everytime i put in my new graphics card my pc bluescreens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i put in my new graphics card my pc bluescreens: Pc works fine before i put it in. As soon as i put it in it bluescreens on start up, goes to automatic repair and says it couldnt repair. The new graphics card worked for a while but randomly this started happening and now it never boots with it in. I would send the log files...
  4. New graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New graphics card: Hello so i want to buy a new graphics card for gaming and streaming. Generally i play light games like Valorant, Wow, and rpg games. My budget is on 300€. I have this one in mind Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 Gaming OC (rev. 2.0) but people tell me its for professional...
  5. I just installed a new graphics card and my pc turns on but it's unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I just installed a new graphics card and my pc turns on but it's unresponsive: Hi! I just bought and installed a new graphics card into my desktop computerThe old one was an Nvidia GTX 1050 and the new one an Amd Radeon RX6600I plugged everything in, pressed the start button and my pc seemed to boot. Except it only got to the screen with the logo where...
  6. I just installed a new graphics card and my pc turns on but it's unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just installed a new graphics card and my pc turns on but it's unresponsive: Hi! I just bought and installed a new graphics card into my desktop computerThe old one was an Nvidia GTX 1050 and the new one an Amd Radeon RX6600I plugged everything in, pressed the start button and my pc seemed to boot. Except it only got to the screen with the logo where...
  7. PC slow with new graphics card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC slow with new graphics card: In an attempt to upgrade my old PC, I replaced my Geforce 9800 GT graphics card with a new Radeon RX580 graphics card. Unfortunately, with the new graphics card installed and my old graphics card removed, my PC takes 10 minutes to boot. Task manager shows a high percentage of...
  8. New Graphics Card

New Graphics Card: I recently installed a GTX 1050 TI card. When I turned on my PC, the screen was brighter then normal. It's not a big issue, but it's definitely annoying. I tried adjusting the settings on my monitor, calibrating the color, and everything else I could find. I'd really...
  9. New graphics card

New graphics card: I installed an Nvidia graphics card and got the error "cannot find the path specified" The driver software I downloaded won't finish because the computer isn't seeing it. How can I resolve this?...
  10. New Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Graphics Card: Hi,I have just ordered the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon™ RX 580 8GD5 Special Edition and was wondering if it will work on my motherboard as it says the card uses the UEFI BIOS and my BIOS is an old Legacy BIOS (Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 rev. 1.2)?Thanks, if it won't work which GPU would...