Windows 10: I just installed the latest windows 10 update and my wireless mouse does not work. How do...

Discus and support I just installed the latest windows 10 update and my wireless mouse does not work. How do... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just installed the latest windows 10 update and my wireless mouse does not work. How do I fix this? Thank You.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mordor333, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Mordor333 Win User

I just installed the latest windows 10 update and my wireless mouse does not work. How do...

I just installed the latest windows 10 update and my wireless mouse does not work. How do I fix this? Thank You.

:)

Mordor333, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jan 11, 2019
  4. I just installed the latest windows 10 update and my wireless mouse does not work. How do...

Install Labtec wireless mouse

Hi fa11d0wn,

Please provide more information about the issue so I can further assist you:

• Have you tried connecting the mouse to a different PC to check if it's working?
    • If you have successfully connected the mouse before, can you recall any recent changes made on the PC that might have triggered the occurrence of the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to connect the wireless mouse?

One of the common causes of wireless mouse issues is incompatibility. So, the first thing that you need to do is to ensure your mouse is compatible with Windows 10. Most new models should be. However, if the mouse is more than five years old, chances are
    that it isn’t compatible with Windows 10. In such case, a complete replacement is the only solution.

If the mouse is of a recent make and is still not responding, the other option for you will be to ensure the wireless receiver is attached to a port that is working or has adequate power. Try changing you ports and see if it makes any difference. Ensure
    that you attach the receiver to your PC's native port instead of an external port.

Often times, reconnecting the wireless connector can also help. With the PC running, detach the receiver, wait for about 10 seconds and reattach it. Also, check if the battery within the mouse has enough juice in it before you move on to advanced troubleshooting
    steps.

If the steps mentioned above did not help, go to the official website of the mouse manufacturer and download the latest driver manually. After downloading the latest driver, follow these steps:

1. Launch Device Manager (press Windows key +
      X
      on the keyboard).
    2. Locate and expand Mice and other pointing device.
    3. Right-click on your wireless mouse and click on the Update driver option.
    4. In the window that appears next, select Browse my computer for driver software.
    5. Provide the path where the software is located for Windows to install it.
    6. Restart when prompted.

Let me know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

I just installed the latest windows 10 update and my wireless mouse does not work. How do...

1. I just installed the latest windows 10 update and my wireless mouse does not work. How do... - Similar Threads - installed latest update

2. How does wireless mouse works ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does wireless mouse works ?: HelloI bought this wireless mouse below but I didn't know if it connects with USB adapter or with Bluetooth. Please if anyone knew how it works? Thanks in advance....
  3. How does wireless mouse works ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How does wireless mouse works ?: HelloI bought this wireless mouse below but I didn't know if it connects with USB adapter or with Bluetooth. Please if anyone knew how it works? Thanks in advance....
  4. How does wireless mouse works ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how do install a wireless mouse

how do install a wireless mouse: instructions for installing a wireless mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-install-a-wireless-mouse/68bf8695-806b-4a71-b0d2-ae842dc8561e
  6. how do i activate my wireless mouse

how do i activate my wireless mouse: how do I activate my wireless mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activate-my-wireless-mouse/8dde90c7-66d3-429c-ad7e-ecf610e4f5c6
  7. Wireless mouse not working after latest windows 10 update

Wireless mouse not working after latest windows 10 update: After updated the latest widows 10 update, the wireless mouse stops working. Then I asked for help with online chatting with Microsoft. They tried remotely fixing problem updating drive, mouse devise, something to do with intel, USB,,etc. Wired mouse is working, changed...
  8. Wireless USB mouse does not work.

Wireless USB mouse does not work.: Hello there I have a wireless mouse that is recognized by windows 10, but after few seconds, shows the hateful warning "USB device not recognized; the last USB device stop working properly..." I cannot find the issue. I changed the batteries, used it in another pc,...
  9. Wireless mouse freezing after latest windows 10 update.

Wireless mouse freezing after latest windows 10 update.: Anyone else experiencing this problem? Using Logitech wireless key board and mouse. Tried moving wireless transmitter to another USB port, deleting and re-installing drivers to no avail. The mouse pointer moves and then freezes for a few seconds then works again. Very...
  10. wireless Mouse does not work in windows 10

wireless Mouse does not work in windows 10: Hello, I recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. My mouse worked fine in windows 7, but it does not work in windows 10. Without my mouse to work with, I am lost on the computer. If anyone can help me, I am supplying some information about what I have....