Windows 10: I just installed the New Edge Browser. How do I show icons only on my favorites bar?

Discus and support I just installed the New Edge Browser. How do I show icons only on my favorites bar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want this to be the default and I want to be able to float my cursor over an icon to see the description. That is what I want for all my favorites on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rwjustus, Mar 28, 2020.

1. rwjustus Win User

I just installed the New Edge Browser. How do I show icons only on my favorites bar?

I want this to be the default and I want to be able to float my cursor over an icon to see the description. That is what I want for all my favorites on the Favorites Bar. That was the way it was and I like it. If this cannot be done, can I roll back the installation?

:)

rwjustus, Mar 28, 2020
  2. PJLLB Win User

Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those displayed horizontally. I'm not getting the down carrot now unless I toggle the "Show only icons of the favorites bar" setting. Then the down carrot comes back, but only for that Edge session. Toggling the "Show Favorites Bar" setting does not fix the issue. Any thoughts?

PJLLB, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Edge does not show all icons in favorite bar

To add to @Egray's answer, use it as follows:

• Make a note of the Favorites that don't have the proper icon, then close the Edge browser
    • Open EdgeManage and click on the + by 'Favorites Bar' to open the list of your entries.
    • Tick the ones that have the icon missing.
    • Click the Utilities tab and choose Generate icons. It takes a few minutes.
    • Open Edge and the missing icons should be there!

I am delighted to say that the great little utility, Edge Manage, did the trick for me. A big thank you to the author who provided this!

David Matthew, Mar 28, 2020
  4. I just installed the New Edge Browser. How do I show icons only on my favorites bar?

Sizing and naming items on favorites bar on Edge browser

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot change the alignment/space on the favorite bar, it is by design.

I suggest you to provide the feedback for Microsoft Edge browser.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Microsoft Edge homepage.

• Select Send feedback option.

• Provide your feedback and click on send feedback button.

For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

I just installed the New Edge Browser. How do I show icons only on my favorites bar?

1. I just installed the New Edge Browser. How do I show icons only on my favorites bar? - Similar Threads - installed Edge Browser

2. New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing: I had a favorites bar on my old Microsoft Edge and I pinned it to the right side of the screen. However, after update it is missing. I found it now on the left side and cannot pin or change location. How to change it?...
  3. How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.: Hi, I want to export Bookmarks bar (not bookmarks) from Chrome and then import to Edge's Favorites bar. How do I do? Thank you, 65317
  4. Edge Favorites Bar Icon Spacing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Icon Spacing: I finally figures out how to import my IE favorites into the Edge favorites bar, and then how to re-order them. Does anyone know of a way to decrease the spacing between the icons themselves in the Edge favorites bar? 27124
  5. Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites: I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those...
  6. How to get icons only in Favorites bar ?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get icons only in Favorites bar ?: I have all my Favorites from IE 11 and Chrome in the Favorites bar in Microsoft Edge, but it shows the icons and titles with them, how do I get only the icons to show ?, would save a lot of space in the Favorites bar. 11963
  7. Maxthon Browser-Icons only on Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Maxthon Browser-Icons only on Favorites Bar: Maxthon Browser doesn't seem to let you have icons only on the Favorites Bar. Here's a little workaround: Add a site to the Favorites Bar but don't edit the title, (yet) [img] [img] Once it's pinned, right click on it and choose Edit [img] then give it a...
  8. no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?: no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites including the favorites line in the top? 66205
  9. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...
  10. Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons: How to: Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar - Show Icons Only or Names and Icons How to Show Icons Only or Names and Icons on Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows...