Windows 10: I just installed Win 10 Pro on this laptop, what's going on?

Discus and support I just installed Win 10 Pro on this laptop, what's going on? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MYAltAcCcCcount [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MYAltAcCcCcount, Apr 4, 2020.

1. I just installed Win 10 Pro on this laptop, what's going on?

/u/MYAltAcCcCcount, Apr 4, 2020

2. Win 8 Pro install

How do I install Win 8 Pro after replacing my broken drives. I have the Win 8 Pro install disc that I bought. I also made a download of Win 10 on a USB key. Every time I open the laptop(ASUS G73JH), I get the message that there is no operating system.
    Can Anyone suggest some method. I am 81 and a bit computer savvy but I can't the portable going after changing the two discs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Maurice

maglite100, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Reloading - retrieving my installed WIN 10 PRO

Thanks for the quick and detail response. Just to make sure I understand your procedure, here are the steps I will do:

1. Download Win10586PESE-x64 v16.07.07 (new) ISO and burn to a DVD.

2. Place DVD in computer and power ON boot from DVD
    3. Run Macrium Reflect. Under the restore menu will be a utility to fix Windows startup problems. Try that utility to see if that restores booting to Windows 10
    4. When Windows startup utility finishes, remove DVD and power OFF computer
    5. Power ON and see if WIN 10 boots.
    6. If WIN 10 boots, check for normal operation, etc.
    7. If WIN 10 does not boot; re-install full WIN 7 disk image.
    8. Download and save Windows 10 ISO file tofolder on C:\ drive
    9. Down load and save:WinISO file on C:\ drive.
    10. Run and install WinISO according to http://www.winiso.com/support/tutorials/mount-iso-in-windows7.html" target="_blank" rel="noopener">
      [*]Run WinISO, open the Windows 10 ISO file stored on C:\. I assume there will be some type of BROWSE menu so you can select the Windows 10 ISO file?
      [*] Click "Mount" and a file menu of the files in the Windows 10 ISO file will appear.
      [*]Double click to Run setup.exe.from the WINDOWS 10 ISO file menu
      [*]This should upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10 - This same procedure as the “Free” upgrade from WIN 7 PRO to WIN 10 PRO. When finished WIN 10 PRO will be installed and ALL WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files from WIN 7 PRO will be available for use. To be explicit this is an install of WIN 10 PRO and a “TRANSFER/ UPGRADE of WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files. This is NOT a CLEAN INSTALL of WIN 10 PRO

JUST WANT TO MAKE MAKE SURE I UNDERSTAND THE EXPECTED RESULTS

1. The newly created WIN 10 PRO install should activate based upon your previously activated upgrade. I assume the setup program will access some Microsoft data base and find my previous activation?

Please excuse the long list, but I find it better to ask questions now, rather than try to unwind some misunderstanding later.

I do appreciate your time and support!

Thanks

krazykat tenf, Apr 4, 2020
  4. I just installed Win 10 Pro on this laptop, what's going on?

Reinstall Win 10 Pro

Hi,

I had Windows 10 pro installed in my laptop, and had to send it for a repair. Once I got it back, retailer has installed Win 10 Home version.

I have linked my Win pro 10 (Ver 1803) to my windows account, prior to sending for repair. I can see that the device is still listed under my name.

Is it possible to reinstall Win 10 pro back in the same laptop? If so, where can I find the activation key? Windows was pre-installed when I purchase it.

Thanks.

acerperawin7, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

I just installed Win 10 Pro on this laptop, what's going on?

1. I just installed Win 10 Pro on this laptop, what's going on? - Similar Threads - installed Pro laptop

2. This is crazy! I just got a new laptop and it is so slow! What's going on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is crazy! I just got a new laptop and it is so slow! What's going on?: I just bought a new laptop and after setting it up I noticed that it's so slow. This is a brandnew computer. Please fix this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-crazy-i-just-got-a-new-laptop-and-it-is-so/f2b12b25-d5cf-44d3-9718-0035fe6d11af
  3. This is crazy! I just got a new laptop and it is so slow! What's going on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is crazy! I just got a new laptop and it is so slow! What's going on?: I just bought a new laptop and after setting it up I noticed that it's so slow. This is a brandnew computer. Please fix this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-crazy-i-just-got-a-new-laptop-and-it-is-so/f2b12b25-d5cf-44d3-9718-0035fe6d11af
  4. If I upgrade from WIN 10 Pro to WIN 11 can I go back to WIN 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I upgrade from WIN 10 Pro to WIN 11 can I go back to WIN 10 Pro?: Made error in allowing to upgrade to WIN 11 to find out the it brought to WIN Home. Can I go back to WIN 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-upgrade-from-win-10-pro-to-win-11-can-i-go/3d812db3-9f8f-4573-8bdf-3bef3342fa70
  5. If I upgrade from WIN 10 Pro to WIN 11 can I go back to WIN 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I upgrade from WIN 10 Pro to WIN 11 can I go back to WIN 10 Pro?: Made error in allowing to upgrade to WIN 11 to find out the it brought to WIN Home. Can I go back to WIN 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-upgrade-from-win-10-pro-to-win-11-can-i-go/3d812db3-9f8f-4573-8bdf-3bef3342fa70
  6. Just installed Win 10 Pro and there are no system nor recovery partitions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Just installed Win 10 Pro and there are no system nor recovery partitions.: Hi, i just did a fresh install of the SO and i do not have those partitions MSR partition is there, checked with diskpart . Anyone knows why?...
  7. AFTER WIN 10 PRO INSTALL COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    AFTER WIN 10 PRO INSTALL COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP: I just installed a full version not an upgrade of Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Inspiron 14 7437. This computer originally had Windows 8. I do NOT want this computer to EVER go to sleep or sign off...it MUST remain on until I manually shut it down or lock it out. I have...
  8. What is going on with Win 10 updates - Blue Screen of death on Win 10 PRO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is going on with Win 10 updates - Blue Screen of death on Win 10 PRO: So I updated one of my Win 10 Pro machine with the latest including the new feature update 2004, and wella instant blue screen with message cpuiz141 fail. My cpu on this machine is I7-Hasswell 6 core. , I have 2 other win 10 home vers. the rest have win 8 and I was thinking...
  9. Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro: Using FREE to paid 3d parties, what is your suggestions to be able to reinstall my current programs running with Win 7 pro, to win 10 pro Some programs, such as iTunes, I find tricky to re-set-up if upgraded, or moved--This, for sure is not an Apple question, but I have...
  10. I Just Installed Win 10 (Home and Pro) 15063 Final Release (Leaked)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Just Installed Win 10 (Home and Pro) 15063 Final Release (Leaked): Hello all, I think I just installed a leaked version of the Win 15063 (Home and Pro) final releases; however, I am not sure: [img] [img] A friend of mine gave me the direct Microsoft links to the leaked ESD files. I don't think I'm allowed to post any...