Windows 10: I just installed Windows 10 on my first PC build and there are no wifi networks available

Discus and support I just installed Windows 10 on my first PC build and there are no wifi networks available in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just completed my first PC build and installed Windows 10, but I cannot find any wifi networks. The motherboard I have is a Gigabyte Aorus Pro. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WavesofRelaxation, Feb 9, 2020.

1. I just installed Windows 10 on my first PC build and there are no wifi networks available

I just completed my first PC build and installed Windows 10, but I cannot find any wifi networks. The motherboard I have is a Gigabyte Aorus Pro. Does it have to do with it? How can I connect to my wifi network?

submitted by /u/WavesofRelaxation
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WavesofRelaxation, Feb 9, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 9, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Cvrk Win User

I just installed Windows 10 on my first PC build and there are no wifi networks available

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

I just installed Windows 10 on my first PC build and there are no wifi networks available [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

I just installed Windows 10 on my first PC build and there are no wifi networks available

1. I just installed Windows 10 on my first PC build and there are no wifi networks available - Similar Threads - installed build are

2. No wifi network available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No wifi network available: I installed windows 10 recently and it has no internet connection and in the wifi list I can see the wifi networks I want to connect to but it suddenly disappears and shows no wifi network available submitted by /u/Sea-Helicopter-5233 [link] [comments]...
  3. No WiFi Networks Available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi Networks Available: So recently I got a new internet provider. The wifi with the old provider worked, and even with the new provider. For about 2 hours then it just... Stopped. I don't know why, but it just did. I've been trying to get it to work over the past few days, but nothing that I do...
  4. No available wifi networks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No available wifi networks: I have an Acer Swift 3 laptop, which I just recently repaired keyboard wasn't connected properly and it doesn't want to show any wifi networks even though they appear on my phone. The only time it has shown an available wifi network was when I stood right next to my router,...
  5. First PC build

in Windows 10 Customization
    First PC build: Yesterday i conpleted my first pc bulid. Everything works, however when i try to install windows 10 a flashing underscore appears. I have trued everything i can think of and have used my time since to look it up. Any help? Thank you....
  6. First PC build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    First PC build: Hello, I just finished building my first PC. I got into the bios fine pc works fine. I bought windows 10 usb install at microcenter. I boot windows from bios and it takes me to a black screen menu where I can choose windows 64bit or 32bit. I click enter for the 64bit and...
  7. No WiFi networks available

No WiFi networks available: hello- earlier today, my Lenovo Yoga laptop stopped showing available WiFi networks. Now all it shows is the “Airplane mode” symbol, no WiFi networks. This happens every couple months and often takes a couple days to sort out. Ive tried every solution suggested in these...
  8. Available WiFi networks not showing in Windows 10

Available WiFi networks not showing in Windows 10: Please someone help. When I click on the wifi icon in the taskbar, it shows up only saying network and internet settings and nothing else. I am not able to connect and even see any wifi wifi nenetworks. When I go to the settings and click on available wifi networks it shows...
  9. Windows 10 - available WiFi networks disappear

Windows 10 - available WiFi networks disappear: I’m having wifi connection issues with Windows 10, that hopefully someone can help me with. On startup, I try to switch my wifi connection from 2G default to 5G - via the taskbar - which normally works. However, in the last day or so, I’m finding that after I select 5G, it...
  10. I just built my first PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just built my first PC: so the setup is asking me to connect to the internet and my motherboard doesn’t have WiFi and the nearest Ethernet access point is on the other side of my room and I don’t want it to download a bunch of bloatware and also my dad pays for office 365 and OneDrive so can I...