Windows 10: I just installed windows 7 but it keeps giving me this error

Discus and support I just installed windows 7 but it keeps giving me this error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello there! I have recently just installed Windows 7 on one of my older computers. It keeps giving me this error image shown and I don’t want to get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Richard_Power_User, May 26, 2023.

1. I just installed windows 7 but it keeps giving me this error

Hello there! I have recently just installed Windows 7 on one of my older computers. It keeps giving me this error image shown and I don’t want to get a product key. Any tips? Thank you!

:)

Richard_Power_User, May 26, 2023
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, May 26, 2023
  3. camoxiong Win User
    Windows 7 installation error: 0x80880000

I'm reinstalling Windows 7 and I keep on getting this error code: 0x80880000

camoxiong, May 26, 2023
  4. I just installed windows 7 but it keeps giving me this error

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 26, 2023
Thema:

I just installed windows 7 but it keeps giving me this error

1. I just installed windows 7 but it keeps giving me this error - Similar Threads - installed keeps giving

2. Give Me Back Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Give Me Back Windows 7: Will Microsoft ever concede that Windows 7 was a great product and give it back? It did everything well, was simple to understand and easy to use. It's got to the point that we users are now solving most Microsoft problems for them because they cannot produce results. Only...
  3. Give Me Back Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Give Me Back Windows 7: Will Microsoft ever concede that Windows 7 was a great product and give it back? It did everything well, was simple to understand and easy to use. It's got to the point that we users are now solving most Microsoft problems for them because they cannot produce results. Only...
  4. cant install windows updates, gives me an error.

cant install windows updates, gives me an error.: Trying to install the update gives me these errors, so i tried to do sfc /scannow and the dism commands and it gives me these errors. now idk what to do can anyone help?...
  5. I just installed windows 7 but it keeps giving me this error

I just installed windows 7 but it keeps giving me this error: Hello there! I have recently just installed Windows 7 on one of my older computers. It keeps giving me this error image shown and I don’t want to get a product key. Any tips? Thank you!...
  6. every time i try to install update keeps giving me Error encountered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    every time i try to install update keeps giving me Error encountered: i tried to download 2021-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5003173and after finishing installing a msg pops up There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or...
  7. Trying to install an update and it keeps giving me this error message.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install an update and it keeps giving me this error message.: [ATTACH] Never had this issue before. Tried restarting my laptop multiple times, tried to download it a few times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-an-update-and-it-keeps-giving-me/4da0ae35-c63b-4908-977d-4d18266bea34
  8. Installings gives me an error message

Installings gives me an error message: Whenever I try to install an app I get the follow error message. It just apps. "Operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" Would disabling windows defender fix this? I just use malwarebytes anyway. Don't like...
  9. Every windows installer keeps giving me a .NET Framework error

Every windows installer keeps giving me a .NET Framework error: Hi there, For some reason over the past few days i keep getting an 'unprocessed exception' notification every time i run a windows installer. Now i did user Patchcleaner a few weeks ago but that's pretty much it. Does anyone know how to fix this error? Do i have to...
  10. Every windows installer keeps giving me a .NET Framework error

in Windows 10 Support
    Every windows installer keeps giving me a .NET Framework error: Hi there, For some reason over the past few days i keep getting an 'unprocessed exception' notification every time i run a windows installer. Now i did user Patchcleaner a few weeks ago but that's pretty much it. Does anyone know how to fix this error? Do i have to...