Windows 10: I just moved files around, and when I open a directory where I moved files in, it "loads" a...

Discus and support I just moved files around, and when I open a directory where I moved files in, it "loads" a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/all_is_love6667 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/all_is_love6667, Mar 21, 2023.

1. I just moved files around, and when I open a directory where I moved files in, it "loads" a...

/u/all_is_love6667, Mar 21, 2023

2. [HELP] Wanting to move video files into a master directory/folder

If all of the videos directories are inside a directory you could use the File Explorer search to list the files.
    You could then select them all and then drag them to the desired directory.

If your setup is something like this:MASTER_DIRECTORY/DIR1/video1.avi
    MASTER_DIRECTORY/DIR2/video2.avi
    You could do this:

1. Search for *.avi
    2. When the search finishes select all of the files ("Ctrl + A")
    3. Drag them to the "MASTER_DIRECTORY" (or any other directory) in the Navigation pane.

In this example (in W7) I'm trying to move all of the mp4 files to the top level directory (Random):
    (You'll need to click on the picture several times to see it full size)

I just moved files around, and when I open a directory where I moved files in, it "loads" a... 344d1513382096t-help-wanting-move-video-files-into-master-directory-folder-we-move-file-types-05.png

The procedure should be the same in W10.

lehnerus2000, Mar 21, 2023
  3. hdjx Win User
    files have gone

I MOVED a directory from one W2K PC to another. However, the target PC (which has a backup unit on it and thus the point of the move) crashed halfway through the move and I had to reboot. I then decided that I needed to sort out why the PC crashed and MOVED the directory back again.

However, in the process, most of the files have disappeared! What I don't understand is why the original files were deleted if they were not copied over.

As far as I can see, the files have gone for good. Is there any hope? Friend suggest Data Recovery Wizard, can I try that?

4. GlynS Win User

I just moved files around, and when I open a directory where I moved files in, it "loads" a...

Moving files and directories using the navigation pane fails.

When I'm trying to move directories or files by dragging-and-dropping using the navigation pane, when I hover over the target directory I get a "No entry" sign. I can move things into subdirectories in the file list, it's just when I try dropping something
    into the navigation pane that it fails.

Is there a setting I've ticked/unticked which renders the navigation pane useless?

Thanks

GlynS, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

I just moved files around, and when I open a directory where I moved files in, it "loads" a...

1. I just moved files around, and when I open a directory where I moved files in, it "loads" a... - Similar Threads - moved files around

2. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location: I'm moving all my files so I can install a new SSD. I created one file "To Store" on my desktop with some files. I created another file "to Store" and moved it to the desktop. I looked at the desktop and found the second file isn't there. Or anywhere. What do I do? I have no...
  3. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location: I'm moving all my files so I can install a new SSD. I created one file "To Store" on my desktop with some files. I created another file "to Store" and moved it to the desktop. I looked at the desktop and found the second file isn't there. Or anywhere. What do I do? I have no...
  4. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i have a problem when moving files

i have a problem when moving files: so my problem is that i cant move files to my folders. Ive tried many things and none of them work. When i try to move a download to my downloads folder theres just a big black sign thats shows me i cant drop it in. I also cant put downloads on my desktop. i would appreciate...
  6. i have a problem when moving files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a problem when moving files: so my problem is that i cant move files to my folders. Ive tried many things and none of them work. When i try to move a download to my downloads folder theres just a big black sign thats shows me i cant drop it in. I also cant put downloads on my desktop. i would appreciate...
  7. i have a problem when moving files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Error whenever i move around a file Explorer.EXE / KERNELBASE.dll

Error whenever i move around a file Explorer.EXE / KERNELBASE.dll: i am having the weirdest issue with windows currently fresh install OS Build 19042.662. i can not move around any file copy and paste, i get this error from the viewer: Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0x996782f8 Faulting module...
  9. Error whenever i move around a file.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error whenever i move around a file.: i am having the weirdest issue with windows currently (fresh install) OS Build (19042.662). i can not move around any file (copy and paste), i get this error from the viewer: Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0x996782f8 Faulting...
  10. Lost files when moving directory with subdirectories

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost files when moving directory with subdirectories: I have just witnessed the strangest behavior on my windows 10 notebook. It is the second time it has happened. The first time I was sure that I did something but this time I am sure of what I did because I was very careful. For brevity I have substituted logical names. Thank...