Windows 10: I just need someone to explain what is meant by "the primary DNS suffix of this computer",...

Discus and support I just need someone to explain what is meant by "the primary DNS suffix of this computer",... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am renaming my desktop computer which is running Win 10 Home the latest W 10 update has been installed already. A window pops up after I put the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeolaMcMillian, Oct 18, 2020.

1. I just need someone to explain what is meant by "the primary DNS suffix of this computer",...

I am renaming my desktop computer which is running Win 10 Home the latest W 10 update has been installed already. A window pops up after I put the new name in and it is asking 'what is the primary DNS suffix of my computer. I don't know what that is. Would someone please explain it to me?

:)

LeolaMcMillian, Oct 18, 2020

2. how do i find the primary dns suffix?

how do I find the primary DNS suffix on this laptop.

williamrohracker, Oct 18, 2020
  3. SYoungYL Win User
    Trouble accessing Primary DNS number

I have followed the necessary steps to find my Primary DNS number however, when I get there, there is nothing listed. It will say "Connection-Specific DNS Suffix:" with nothing to follow. Is there any other way it can be found other then the Win+R >> cmd
    >> ipconfig? Or what do I need to do to make it show up there?

Thanks.

SYoungYL, Oct 18, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I just need someone to explain what is meant by "the primary DNS suffix of this computer",...

Incorrect DNS

Hi Bradley

That value should not be set, it is meant to change with whatever network you are connecting to . ..

On that dialog, you should clear the Primary DNS Suffix and check the box marked 'Change primary DNS Suffix when Domain Membership Changes'

Then restart your laptop . . .

DaveM121, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

I just need someone to explain what is meant by "the primary DNS suffix of this computer",...

1. I just need someone to explain what is meant by "the primary DNS suffix of this computer",... - Similar Threads - need someone explain

2. Issue with Primary DNS Suffix Not Applying in User Driven Entra Join Deployment Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Primary DNS Suffix Not Applying in User Driven Entra Join Deployment Profile: Hello,I have an on-premises AD setup. Intune Connector and Azure AD Connectors are configured and functioning correctly. My requirement is to configure auto-pilot with an Entra Join Profile, enabling users to log in via Entra AD. After-login, users should be able to ping...
  3. how to remove primary dns suffix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove primary dns suffix: what is primary dns suffix how do i reset it, i recently connected my computer to my college LAN network and now my primary dns sufficx has the name of my institue even if i remove the LAN ,how can i completely eradicate that name frrom my pc...
  4. how to remove primary dns suffix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove primary dns suffix: what is primary dns suffix how do i reset it, i recently connected my computer to my college LAN network and now my primary dns sufficx has the name of my institue even if i remove the LAN ,how can i completely eradicate that name frrom my pc...
  5. Can someone explain what this means?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone explain what this means?: I'm just trying to move files from one folder to another on my new laptop. Instead, File Explorer crashes, the entire screen flickers, then comes back to the desktop after a few seconds. When I went in search of anything that might be the cause of it, I looked at Error...
  6. My grandpa and I were wondering what those blue arrows meant, can someone explains us...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My grandpa and I were wondering what those blue arrows meant, can someone explains us...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wiro13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kx4obz/my_grandpa_and_i_were_wondering_what_those_blue/
  7. I need Explain what is this???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need Explain what is this???: what's the wrong with the Microsoft windows and my total available graphics memory ??? it's been 4 years I'm having this problem... i install windows 10 v.1511 build 10586.0 my total available graphics memory is 12767MB, updating windows to latest version 1909 build...
  8. how do i find the primary dns suffix?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i find the primary dns suffix?: how do I find the primary DNS suffix on this laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-the-primary-dns-suffix/142b9c5d-3a89-4315-ba14-dbc20260c8f2"
  9. DNS Suffix Search List

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Suffix Search List: Was poking around this AM to see if my DNS server selection could be improved or if it was ok. After Running Gibson's DNSBench.exe several times, convinced me I was already on the "best" one (openDNS). When I did an IPconfig /all, I am looking at something that has puzzled...
  10. Someone explain what these services are

in Windows 10 Support
    Someone explain what these services are: Someone please explain what these services are sync Host_48962, user data access_48962, user data storage_48962. There are a few more too. 68584