Windows 10: I just powered on my pc and got this error. Looking for the cause and how to fix it.

Discus and support I just powered on my pc and got this error. Looking for the cause and how to fix it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft .net Framework Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CameronE1, Nov 16, 2018.

1. CameronE1 Win User

I just powered on my pc and got this error. Looking for the cause and how to fix it.

Microsoft .net Framework

Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: array.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: array

at System.Array.IndexOf[T](T[] array, T value)

at App.Hid.HidProcess.GetBtnSetting(Byte byMode, Byte byFWCode, FWAllKeyData fwAllKeyData, BtnKey& btnKey)

at App.Hid.HidProcess.GetModeKeySetting(Byte byMode, ModeData modeData)

at App.Hid.HidProcess.GetDeiceInfo(Boolean bInit)

at App.Hid.HidProcess.OnDeviceChange(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at App.Hid.UsbDriver.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8937 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

App

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/G.SKILL/G.SKILL%20RIPJAWS%20KM780%20MX/App.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8922 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8934 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Core

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8931 built by: WinRelRS4

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

:)

CameronE1, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Edleen Win User

Possible Causes of atikmdag errors

I was courious to see how many different causes there are to the infamous atikmdag.sys error that strikes widely across and has so for a long time, I am getting it myself also and it is really starting to wear me out. It is pretty annoying having a $520 Readeon 3870x2 card if you can't use it without errors.

So first of all, here is the apparant reason for my atikmdag error:

When I play a game, regardless of settings, clocks or anything else, the fan speed wil not be adjusting and the card will get hotter as it performs. As soon as the card gets hot enough, my system will attempt to speed up the fan and as soon as they do, I get the atikmdag error. I never hear the fan of my card go beyond 30% fan speed unless I push it using Rivatuner.

Anyone else got other apparant reasons?

By the way, here are the steps I have been trying to fix it
    • Renaming atikmdag.sys to "atikomdag.sys(old)
    • Set fan speed profiles in Rivatuner depending on temeprature thresholds
    • Setting fixed fan speed in Rivatuner
    • Installing only the ATI drivers without Catalyst Control Centre
    • Replacing RAM blocks
    • Trying older drivers
    I have probably tried a few

Edleen, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    My PC was shutdown suddenly by power cut off so now it had some errors

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Have you updated all the Windows and optional updates?

• Have you updated all the Drivers?

• What is that exact error message?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option
      on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting
      and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Power
      troubleshooter.

Step 2: Change the “Power plans” settings.

A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings (like display, sleep, etc.) that manages how your PC uses power. The power plans you can use depend on the kind of PC you have.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 16, 2018
  4. I just powered on my pc and got this error. Looking for the cause and how to fix it.

PC says sdbus internal error. How do I fix?

Hello,

Stop errors (also sometimes called blue screen or black screen errors) can occur if a serious problem causes
    your device to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What actions were you performing when normally encounter the said error?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article to troubleshoot blue screen error
    on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

I just powered on my pc and got this error. Looking for the cause and how to fix it.

1. I just powered on my pc and got this error. Looking for the cause and how to fix it. - Similar Threads - powered got error

2. How do I fix Kernel-Power-Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix Kernel-Power-Errors: For the past few weeks my pc has been shutting off randomly while playing fortnite, when looking at event viewer the source comes up as Kernel-Power. I thought it may be due to a issue with my power supply so i purchased and installed a new one, but this worked only for about...
  3. How do I fix Kernel-Power-Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix Kernel-Power-Errors: For the past few weeks my pc has been shutting off randomly while playing fortnite, when looking at event viewer the source comes up as Kernel-Power. I thought it may be due to a issue with my power supply so i purchased and installed a new one, but this worked only for about...
  4. I got this error BiInitializelibrary failed Oxc0000001 and My pc doesnt start to fix it...

I got this error BiInitializelibrary failed Oxc0000001 and My pc doesnt start to fix it...: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-this-error-biinitializelibrary-failed/bb4e220a-2f96-4297-bce2-93fb0337c26c
  5. i just got the error 0x803F700F

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just got the error 0x803F700F: Just today i logged on i see my licence key is deactivated. The key itself is from windows store. Not sure why it suddenly decided this. So what's the fix for this?Can't upload the images it's fails everytime....
  6. i just got the error 0x803F700F

i just got the error 0x803F700F: Just today i logged on i see my licence key is deactivated. The key itself is from windows store. Not sure why it suddenly decided this. So what's the fix for this?Can't upload the images it's fails everytime....
  7. Hello, I just got this error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello, I just got this error: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." That is the error I'm getting whenever I start up my computer. It just started happening today. How do I fix this? One thing that might...
  8. just opened my computer to this, any causes and fixes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    just opened my computer to this, any causes and fixes?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/x_jp_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kk0ths/just_opened_my_computer_to_this_any_causes_and/
  9. Minecraft causes my pc to power cycle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft causes my pc to power cycle: ive been having an issue with minecraft causing my entire system to crash. after about 5 minutes of playing my fans will kick into high gear and a few seconds later my pc power cycles. I never see a blue screen, and the pc just starts itself like normal after i hit the power...
  10. I got a hardware error on my PC.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I got a hardware error on my PC.: These are the details from the reliability monitor on my PC. I use windows 10. I'm mostly wondering which hardware is causing this issue, its been freezing my pc. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem...