Windows 10: I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed but not activated. How can I...

Discus and support I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed but not activated. How can I... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am advised that I need a Product Key but none came with the device. What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RoseDavidson1, Nov 8, 2018.

1. I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed but not activated. How can I...

I am advised that I need a Product Key but none came with the device. What do I do?

:)

RoseDavidson1, Nov 8, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 8, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 8, 2018
  4. I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed but not activated. How can I...

Problem with activation on New Windows 10 Laptop

Hello Necrosis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Is that new laptop came with Windows 10 Pre-installed?
    • Is this message appearing since from the purchase?
    • Do you remember any changes to the laptop made this to happen?
    If you bought a new device running Windows 10, it will automatically activate when you connect your device to the Internet. If the activation servers are busy, you might need to wait a while for Windows to activate.

To check activation status, select the Start
    I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed but not activated. How can I... [​IMG]
    button,
    then select
    Settings > Update & security > Activation.

Note

• In some cases, you might need to enter the Windows 10 product key that came with the device packaging, or included as a card or on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached to the device.

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the below article and see if they help you.

How to find your Windows 10 product key

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors

Why can't I activate Windows 10?

Activation in Windows 10

Give us above details, if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed but not activated. How can I...

1. I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed but not activated. How can I... - Similar Threads - purchased laptop pre

2. I purchased a new HP Laptop with windows 11 installed. Can I install windows 10 instead?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased a new HP Laptop with windows 11 installed. Can I install windows 10 instead?: I purchased an HP Laptop with windows 11 pre-installed. I am having too many issues with windows 11 and would like to install windows 10 on it. I have had windows 10 on two previous laptops....
  3. I purchased a new HP Laptop with windows 11 installed. Can I install windows 10 instead?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased a new HP Laptop with windows 11 installed. Can I install windows 10 instead?: I purchased an HP Laptop with windows 11 pre-installed. I am having too many issues with windows 11 and would like to install windows 10 on it. I have had windows 10 on two previous laptops....
  4. i have buyed a new hp laptop and i am unable to activate window 10 which is pre installed...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i have buyed a new hp laptop and i am unable to activate window 10 which is pre installed...: why i am not able to to activate my window 10 which is pre installed in my laptop.And i am unable to get my product key. tottaly frustated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-buyed-a-new-hp-laptop-and-i-am-unable-to/c804cb91-cb1e-43d5-a5e8-70be9f29a2fc
  5. How do I purchase just an activation code

How do I purchase just an activation code: I need to purchase an Activation code and am directed to the Microsoft shop. There seems to only be an option to purchase W10 which I already have. Grateful for advice how to purchase just the Activation Code....
  6. I accidentally formatted pre installed windows for my newly purchased laptop

I accidentally formatted pre installed windows for my newly purchased laptop: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop which had pre installed Windows 10 in one of the default partitions. I did not know if it had the pre installed windows at first so I proceeded with normal USB windows installation. Now I have ended up with unlicensed Windows on a machine...
  7. Windows is not activated after update , I have purchased a laptop with pre install windows...

Windows is not activated after update , I have purchased a laptop with pre install windows...: Windows is not activated after update , I have purchased a laptop with pre install windows 10 , but after feature update , the message is showing that windows is not activated, - before update in the activation menu message was your windows is activated with your digital...
  8. Windows is not activated after update , I have purchased a laptop with pre install windows...

Windows is not activated after update , I have purchased a laptop with pre install windows...: Windows is not activated after update , I have purchased a laptop with pre install windows 10 , but after feature update , the message is showing that windows is not activated, - before update in the activation menu message was your windows is activated with your digital...
  9. How can I remove Pre-installed McAfee? Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove Pre-installed McAfee? Windows 10: It was the late great Robear who was probably the main provider of answers to this question. He helped me in my May 2016 thread here https://tinyurl.com/y925ryg5 My new Lenovo came with McAfee pre-installed - are his procedures still good please? PS Should this be in V&M?...
  10. New laptop with Win10 pre-installed won't activate

New laptop with Win10 pre-installed won't activate: Hi there. I'm hopeful you can help me with my problem. I recently purchased a new MSI laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition already installed. I asked the authorized re-seller to perform a clean Windows installation so as not to have to deal with bloatware. When my laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should a new laptop be already have windows activated/

2. windows 10 not activated on pre-installed laptop

3. dell windows 10 not activated on new laptop

4. purchased laptop in taiwan windows not activated