Windows 10: I just purchased a new PC without an os

Discus and support I just purchased a new PC without an os in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can I migrate the w10 pro from my old pc to the new one by doing a system clone onto the new pc? The w10 pro license is apparently linked to my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pete12121234, Nov 16, 2018.

1. I just purchased a new PC without an os

Can I migrate the w10 pro from my old pc to the new one by doing a system clone onto the new pc? The w10 pro license is apparently linked to my windows account so I just assumed it would activate once i'm signed in on the new pc?

:)

Pete12121234, Nov 16, 2018

2. Cannot recover Windows 8 OS, error that I have not created an account

Hi,

As per the added information, I suggest that you run the command below to deactivate the administrator account and check if you will be able to roll back to the old OS that was installed prior to Windows 10.

Steps to: Disable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no

To roll back to the previous OS, you can follow the steps mentioned in the previous post and after selecting
    Reset This PC select Factory Settings. This will revert your PC back to the original OS that was installed when the PC was purchased.

Note: Create the Media Creation Tool to perform the above action.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Kufooloo Win User
    OS for new pc.

Hello. I plan to purchase parts for a custom built pc in the future. To use it I obviously need an Operating system. currently I own a laptop, with a version of windows 10 running on it. I upgraded from 7 to 10 using the prompt it gave me for free. I was
    wondering if I could use the os on this system, not any personnel files, just os, and install windows 10 without any extra costs. Or would I have to purchase a new copy of windows 10. Many Thanks.

Kufooloo, Nov 16, 2018
  4. I just purchased a new PC without an os

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

I just purchased a new PC without an os

1. I just purchased a new PC without an os - Similar Threads - purchased without

2. Does Microsoft care about a company who uses their software without purchasing licenses fraud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft care about a company who uses their software without purchasing licenses fraud?: I know of a company that started small and is now a billion-dollar company that has never purchased Microsoft Licenses for their systems.I was told don't bother telling Microsoft because they do not care. This company knows they are doing wrong and has over 300 Microsoft...
  3. Does Microsoft care about a company who uses their software without purchasing licenses fraud?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft care about a company who uses their software without purchasing licenses fraud?: I know of a company that started small and is now a billion-dollar company that has never purchased Microsoft Licenses for their systems.I was told don't bother telling Microsoft because they do not care. This company knows they are doing wrong and has over 300 Microsoft...
  4. Does Microsoft care about a company who uses their software without purchasing licenses fraud?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How can I purchase a Windows 10 Pro upgrade without using the Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can I purchase a Windows 10 Pro upgrade without using the Microsoft Store?: I live in Canada, but my credit card and other payment options are issued and based in the US. I am trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro.When I try to purchase a Windows upgrade through the Microsoft Store, it fails and tells me to change my store region to...
  6. How can I purchase a Windows 10 Pro upgrade without using the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I purchase a Windows 10 Pro upgrade without using the Microsoft Store?: I live in Canada, but my credit card and other payment options are issued and based in the US. I am trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro.When I try to purchase a Windows upgrade through the Microsoft Store, it fails and tells me to change my store region to...
  7. How can I purchase a Windows 10 Pro upgrade without using the Microsoft Store?

8. Someone has purchased Microsoft Office with my card without my consent. Fraud has been done...

Someone has purchased Microsoft Office with my card without my consent. Fraud has been done...: Hello, I have noticed in my bank account a payment to Microsoft which I did not do nor authorise. My bag was stolen with My card and phone and other fraud transactions have been done. I have also reported with to the police and bank. I can't find anyone to speak to to stop...
  9. Someone has purchased Microsoft Office with my card without my consent. Fraud has been done...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone has purchased Microsoft Office with my card without my consent. Fraud has been done...: Hello, I have noticed in my bank account a payment to Microsoft which I did not do nor authorise. My bag was stolen with My card and phone and other fraud transactions have been done. I have also reported with to the police and bank. I can't find anyone to speak to to stop...
  10. Someone has purchased Microsoft Office with my card without my consent. Fraud has been done...

in Windows 10 Gaming