Windows 10: I just purchased an hp laptop and i need a microsoft email to log in. This is a work...

Discus and support I just purchased an hp laptop and i need a microsoft email to log in. This is a work... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just purchased a new hp 15 laptop and i need a Microsoft email to log in. This is a work computer and no matter what user email i type in, it tells... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jillian Mirro, Nov 28, 2023.

1. I just purchased an hp laptop and i need a microsoft email to log in. This is a work...

I just purchased a new hp 15 laptop and i need a Microsoft email to log in. This is a work computer and no matter what user email i type in, it tells me that my Microsoft account doesn't exist. How do i resolve this issue?

:)

Jillian Mirro, Nov 28, 2023

2. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Nov 28, 2023
  3. email difficulties on new laptop

I purchased a new HP laptop and cannot get my Yahoo email on it. any suggestions?

ManiacalTooth41, Nov 28, 2023
  4. I just purchased an hp laptop and i need a microsoft email to log in. This is a work...

Logging into Microsoft on a refurb laptop

I have just purchased a refurbished laptop (from a reputable supplier), but can’t get past the Microsoft log in window which says: ‘Let’s get things set up for your work or school’

It won’t accept my personal Microsoft email details, OR my work Microsoft details.

When I enter my personal Microsoft account details it says: ‘You can’t sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead.’

When I enter work info it says: ‘Something went wrong. That username looks like it belongs to another organisation. Try signing in again with a different account.’

I’m not very technical, but does this suggest the laptop hasn’t been fully ‘cleaned down’ (sorry for the non-technical language), and there is still some Microsoft 365 / Office software that I can’t get passed to get logged onto the laptop?

Thanks for any advice.

Peter Anderson5, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

I just purchased an hp laptop and i need a microsoft email to log in. This is a work...

1. I just purchased an hp laptop and i need a microsoft email to log in. This is a work... - Similar Threads - purchased laptop need

2. I need help to log into my Hp laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to log into my Hp laptop: I had a laptop I use to use years ago and I found it again after 7 years and it still works but I forgot the password to the device and I tried the Microsoft password log in method but it says “your device is offline sign in with the last password you used on this device” and...
  3. I need help to log into my Hp laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help to log into my Hp laptop: I had a laptop I use to use years ago and I found it again after 7 years and it still works but I forgot the password to the device and I tried the Microsoft password log in method but it says “your device is offline sign in with the last password you used on this device” and...
  4. I need help to log into my Hp laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I just purchased the hp omen 16 laptop yesterday but the battery capacity is at 74Wh but...

I just purchased the hp omen 16 laptop yesterday but the battery capacity is at 74Wh but...: I just purchased the hp omen 16 laptop yesterday but the battery capacity is at 74Wh but the design capacity is at 83Wh what should I do because I purchased it yesterday...
  6. I just purchased an hp laptop and i need a microsoft email to log in. This is a work...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just purchased an hp laptop and i need a microsoft email to log in. This is a work...: I just purchased a new hp 15 laptop and i need a Microsoft email to log in. This is a work computer and no matter what user email i type in, it tells me that my Microsoft account doesn't exist. How do i resolve this issue?...
  7. I just purchased an hp laptop and i need a microsoft email to log in. This is a work...

I just purchased an hp laptop and i need a microsoft email to log in. This is a work...: I just purchased a new hp 15 laptop and i need a Microsoft email to log in. This is a work computer and no matter what user email i type in, it tells me that my Microsoft account doesn't exist. How do i resolve this issue?...
  8. I need to log call for my microsoft laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to log call for my microsoft laptop: I need to log call for my microsoft laptopSerial number: 0B33Q3C222137HIssue: Power on off issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-log-call-for-my-microsoft-laptop/f1cdde79-e6b3-4893-be46-df82d4595333
  9. I need to log call for my microsoft laptop

I need to log call for my microsoft laptop: I need to log call for my microsoft laptopSerial number: 0B33Q3C222137HIssue: Power on off issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-log-call-for-my-microsoft-laptop/f1cdde79-e6b3-4893-be46-df82d4595333
  10. I purchased a new HP Laptop with Windows 10. I own the Microsoft Office 2013, do I need the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I purchased a new HP Laptop with Windows 10. I own the Microsoft Office 2013, do I need the...: I purchased a new HP Laptop with Windows 10. I own the Microsoft Office 2013, do I need the PCmover express in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-a-new-hp-laptop-with-windows-10-i-own/3fbbc9d6-f868-4571-a28d-8ef5ebaa5a5f"