Windows 10: I just purchased office 2016. I cannot get it to finish downloading.

Discus and support I just purchased office 2016. I cannot get it to finish downloading. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please help me finish downloading. it is stuck. I paid 74 for the product. I am in intense pain due to a back surgery next week. I need help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dorothy A Baldwin, Apr 6, 2019.

1. I just purchased office 2016. I cannot get it to finish downloading.

Please help me finish downloading. it is stuck. I paid 74 for the product. I am in intense pain due to a back surgery next week. I need help. please.

:)

Dorothy A Baldwin, Apr 6, 2019

2. Office 365 or Office 2016

Under info for the new office listing on My Visual Studio it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - (Multiple Languages)
    To obtain the product, follow these steps:

Step 1: Get your product key by clicking the ‘Get key’ button on the right.

Step 2: Go to the Office website by clicking the ‘Get it now’ button.

Step 3: Enter your 25-character product key and continue as directed on the site.

Released: 9/23/2015

And for the discontinued it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (Discontinued)
    Info
    Keys
    Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - DVD (English)
    No additional details are available for this file.

Released: 9/22/2015
    SHA1: 213A8A0F8849516704101CB6C49F6A027B0D6D5F
    File name: en_office_professional_plus_2016_x86_x64_dvd_6962141.iso

I'm thinking option one is going to be my only option. I'm fine with that as long as I can get Outlook to work with my ISP's pop3 e-mail. Last time I tried that with the new 2016 install I could not get it to work, no way no how. All the same settings that work with the ISO install?

EDIT: I should mention, for me as far as I know, neither of these options are a subscription. They use two different keys but they are perpetual one time activation licenses. I only ran the new download briefly though, as I could not get outlook to work. I bailed and went back to what works.

alphanumeric, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Chronia Win User
    Office 2016 Professional will not complete installation

Searched the forums but did not come up with this problem being posted here yet. so apologies if I missed it am repeating this.

I have a Windows 10 on my computer and recently acquired a copy of Office 2016 Professional through Hubby's work for a discount. However We have been trying for 3 days now to install it and it will not complete the installation. The most common problem being that it hangs at 90% and just sits there and won't progress any further even after being left over night.

I have tried posting this problem on the Microsoft Community boards but they have been less than helpful in finding a solution. Of the things they have suggested, I tried them all but to no avail. The suggestions they gave that I have tried are as follows:

"Follow these steps and download Office 2016 again:
    1. First, check the type of internet connection you are using (Wired or Wireless)?
    2. If you are using a wireless connection then you may try to hardwire the connection.
    Try downloading Office 2016 now and check if you are able to install Office 2016 normally.
    In case the above step still does not work then follow these steps.

1. Stop the Print Spooler service from Services.msc.
    2. Disable the Anti-Virus/Security Software for a while, until you complete installing Office 2016.
    Check if you are able to install Office 2016 now."

Nope didn't work, and my computer ishardwired. Next advice they gave was as follows and also didn't work:

"In Task Manager make sure there are no Office 2016 or Office tasks running. Then restart the computer and try installing Office 2016 again, making sure that there are no Office tasks are running in Task Manager prior to running the Office 2016 installation.

Check the above and let us know if it helps."

Nope, still notta.

While it is hanging at 90% I have checked my task manager and all the columns (CPU, Memory, Disk, Network) were all sitting at 0.

Funny thing is Hubby was able to acquire a second copy via coworker and it installed completely fine without issue on our windows 7 laptop.

We do not have any other copies of Office or any office related program on this computer, nor has there ever been. We have uninstalled, rebooted and tried reinstalling several times all with the same result of getting stuck at 90% then going nowhere. We even tried the 32 bit version in hope that it would work because the 64 bit version wouldn't install, but 32 or 64, it's the same problem.

There was ONE time, and one time only, though, I couldn't tell you what, if anything, we did differently, that it got past 90% and came up with an error message saying some items couldn't be installed because of some reason (I failed to take note of it at the time and it hasn't recurred since) and gave me the option to retry installing those items (it didn't list what they were) or ignore. So I clicked retry, and after a several minutes of it trying again the same message popped up. I believe I tried retry three more times before finally clicking ignore and being told that if I ignored it that I may have to go into program and setting later to repair office because some feature may not work right.

At that point Office SEEMED to work...until I rebooted the computer. At that point I got a pop-up message (which I again failed to take note of) with an error saying I need to run the installer again because it didn't install or finish installing or something of that nature. So I ran the installer again. this time it hung at 1% and didn't move even after hours of letting it run.

So again I uninstalled everything rebooted and started fresh and am now back at the hanging at 90% thing. It's very frustrating. A brand new expensive product that is meant for windows 10 but can't be installed on it? I'm very perplexed.

Any thoughts on this or what I can try or do?

Chronia, Apr 6, 2019
  4. candreas Win User

I just purchased office 2016. I cannot get it to finish downloading.

Office 2016 Professional will not complete installation

No answers yet....

candreas, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

I just purchased office 2016. I cannot get it to finish downloading.

1. I just purchased office 2016. I cannot get it to finish downloading. - Similar Threads - purchased office 2016

2. I just purchased on installed microsoft office home and student but cannot find it on my...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I just purchased on installed microsoft office home and student but cannot find it on my...: I purchased Microsoft Office Home & Student at Office Max, downloaded it using office.com/setup and entered keycode.Now I cannot find it on my computer....
  3. I just purchased on installed microsoft office home and student but cannot find it on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just purchased on installed microsoft office home and student but cannot find it on my...: I purchased Microsoft Office Home & Student at Office Max, downloaded it using office.com/setup and entered keycode.Now I cannot find it on my computer....
  4. I just purchased on installed microsoft office home and student but cannot find it on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fresh install Office 2016 cannot download live.com.emails

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Fresh install Office 2016 cannot download live.com.emails: Windows Insider Preview 21359 and Office 2016 Did a fresh install of Insider Preview 21359 and Office 2016 and now I cannot download live.com.emails!! With the multiple upgrades Windows and Office previously installed I had no problem downloading Outlook.com emails. I...
  6. Purchase Ms Office 2016 Professional

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Purchase Ms Office 2016 Professional: Friends computer hard drive died. Replaced it with an ssd, installed Win10 and now I need Ms Office 2016 Professional. There's a million listings with prices all over the board. I never liked buying software from just anyone but the company I have used for years has exited...
  7. Just finished a document in Notepad and cannot get to print

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just finished a document in Notepad and cannot get to print: I just completed a document in Notepad and it will not print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-finished-a-document-in-notepad-and-cannot-get/834798f0-06bc-4e11-85bd-e3dd092cb473
  8. Just purchased new computer..need 2010 office software downloaded that I purchased

Just purchased new computer..need 2010 office software downloaded that I purchased: I purchased office Microsoft office for the 2010 works,, included outlook, word, and excel, I have windows 10, that was windows 7..can I get a upgrade and a download for the new computer without paying the new price, which does not include outlook. thank you...
  9. I cannot re-download a purchase

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot re-download a purchase: I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 and I was really enjoying it until I had to reset my Surface Pro 4 because it wasn't working properly. But to my surprise I went to play it again and it wasn't installed on my computer. I checked the store and it was in my purchase history...
  10. We can't get to the file for this item. If it's downloading or just finished downloading,...

We can't get to the file for this item. If it's downloading or just finished downloading,...: Every time I try to download something from Movies & TV I get this. Couldn't download We can't get to the file for this item. If it's downloading or just finished downloading, try again soon. Otherwise, make sure another app isn't using the file and that you can access the...