Windows 10: i just put in a new USB stick and the computer will not recognize it

Discus and support i just put in a new USB stick and the computer will not recognize it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i just put in a new USB stick and the computer will not recognize it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnneMarchetta1, Sep 29, 2019.

1. i just put in a new USB stick and the computer will not recognize it

i just put in a new USB stick and the computer will not recognize it

:)

AnneMarchetta1, Sep 29, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Try method 2 under Windows 7 8 10 here:
    Free to Remove Readonly Attribute in Windows

Method 2: Clear readonly status with Diskpart

In Windows 10, 8, 7 OS, you are also able to run Diskpart in Command Prompt to clear read-only attribute on any partition on your computer. You can follow the tutorial below:

Step 1. Open Command Line and type Diskpart
    Step 2. Type list disk
    Step 3. Type select disk (disk number)
    Step 4. Type attributes disk clear readonly

i just put in a new USB stick and the computer will  not recognize it [​IMG]

Then try Clean

NavyLCDR, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Or just use Diskpart in a Command Prompt (Admin). First list the disks to find the number to use for the usb, then select and clean it. After that it will all be unallocated.

4. cscroggs3 Win User

USB Memory Stick not recognized by Windows 10

Windows 10 will not recognize my USB memory stick (PNY 64gb) at all. The stick worked fine under windows 8.1, (! USB Device Not Recognized The last usb device you connected to this computer). My Kingston 8gb DataTraveler USB memory stick works fine with
    Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

cscroggs3, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. i just put in a new USB stick and the computer will not recognize it - Similar Threads - put USB stick

2. Can I reuse a retail windows 10 usb stick on a new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I reuse a retail windows 10 usb stick on a new computer?: Hi it's time to upgrade my pc and have been looking around the internet for an answer to my question. I have seen alot of mixed answers so im at the moment confused. I bought a windows 10 retail usb stick a while ago and have confirmed it's retail and not OEM and have seen...
  3. Can I reuse a retail windows 10 usb stick on a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reuse a retail windows 10 usb stick on a new computer?: Hi it's time to upgrade my pc and have been looking around the internet for an answer to my question. I have seen alot of mixed answers so im at the moment confused. I bought a windows 10 retail usb stick a while ago and have confirmed it's retail and not OEM and have seen...
  4. Can I reuse a retail windows 10 usb stick on a new computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fritz Wlan Usb Stick is not recognized?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fritz Wlan Usb Stick is not recognized?: Hey, guys, I reset my PC a few hours ago so that everything is zero. Now with the same WLAN stick, which hasn't caused any problems before, I suddenly have no internet anymore. I installed and uninstalled all drivers and upgraded them, checked fritz.box for errors, tried...
  6. laptop does not recognize usb-stick uefi?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop does not recognize usb-stick uefi?: "System doesn't find any usb device" This sentence is there. And I can't open the windows boot manager. Turning off Uefi does not work either. Please I need help. It is an Acer Aspire 3 from 2018/19. I tried to install windows but it does not work. Even with a uefi stick....
  7. Just built my new PC and when I try to install Windows from a USB stick it's just an...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just built my new PC and when I try to install Windows from a USB stick it's just an...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IceyEnder [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnn5p9/just_built_my_new_pc_and_when_i_try_to_install/
  8. USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized: I created a USB bootable USB stick for use with Killdisk to erase my failed netbook. I now what to be able to use this USB stick for other things. My Windows 10 PC does not recognize it as being plugged in within file explorer. Attached is a picture of the screen from disk...
  9. USB Stick is not recognized

USB Stick is not recognized: I have a 16GB USB stick. It had the ISO file of Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Today I "Wiped" it using MiniTool Parttion Wizard. Subsequently it was "Formatted" using the same tool. Now I have Windows 10 Creators Update in my Laptop. However, Window Explorer does not...
  10. put a 4gb fat16 partition on a 8gb USB stick?

put a 4gb fat16 partition on a 8gb USB stick?: I work with HAAS CNC lathes and mills, which only accept FAT16-formatted USB drives. I ahve an old 2gb drive that is starting to fail so I got a new drive. problem is the smallest size I could find is 8GB, which is too big for FAT16. I tried using Disk Management but the...