Windows 10: I just received a call

Discus and support I just received a call in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just received a call and test from 833-966-2131and he said my Microsoft will be cancelled tonight if I don't pay 399 - is this a scam? Never paid... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Karen_456, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Karen_456 Win User

I just received a call

I just received a call and test from 833-966-2131and he said my Microsoft will be cancelled tonight if I don't pay 399 - is this a scam? Never paid that price for Microsoft excel before. Is this a scam since my account is up to date.

:)

Karen_456, Mar 27, 2020

2. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Mar 27, 2020
  3. INSTG8R Win User
    Buzzing from receiver while on

Also hoping it sorted it out. It was long shot it even had the ground on the back(Not knowing anything about the receiver) The "correct" steps have been taken. But did it work? *Confused I just received a call :confused:

INSTG8R, Mar 27, 2020
  4. I just received a call

Receiving preview Windows updates even I'm not opt-in for the Insider Program

Hi Red,

This issue installing Windows Insider could have happened due to the version of your Windows. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Which version of Windows are you running?
    • Have you tried registering on Windows Insider?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    article.
    This will give you a step to stop receiving Windows Insider updates.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

I just received a call

1. I just received a call - Similar Threads - received call

2. Not receiving call from Microsoft Service Request regarding issues in activating Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not receiving call from Microsoft Service Request regarding issues in activating Windows 10 Pro: My service request number is 7037937033. My previous support request number 7037930190, where now if I check it is written that "Issue is resolved" and I haven't even received a call in the first place, is closed.I have an issue where I am unable to activate my Windows 10 Pro...
  3. Received a phone call from 757525-3477, how can I determine that it is from a Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received a phone call from 757525-3477, how can I determine that it is from a Microsoft...: The suppose MS employee stated that someone in Canada at 178.249.214.210 ip had requested to change the phone number on my account, and they were calling to validate the request. I stated that it was not me, then they wanted to validate that I was who I said I was. So they...
  4. Received a phone call from 757525-3477, how can I determine that it is from a Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Received a phone call from 757525-3477, how can I determine that it is from a Microsoft...: The suppose MS employee stated that someone in Canada at 178.249.214.210 ip had requested to change the phone number on my account, and they were calling to validate the request. I stated that it was not me, then they wanted to validate that I was who I said I was. So they...
  5. I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...: The caller told me that he was calling from Reading, UK, the Microsoft Office. And that something might be going on in my computer, possibly that there might be scammers involved. He told me to have a look at my event viewer. I had a look, and there were the usual...
  6. I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...

I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...: The caller told me that he was calling from Reading, UK, the Microsoft Office. And that something might be going on in my computer, possibly that there might be scammers involved. He told me to have a look at my event viewer. I had a look, and there were the usual...
  7. I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. People cannot hear me when making or receiving Phone Link calls on the P.C.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People cannot hear me when making or receiving Phone Link calls on the P.C.: I have a brand new Lenovo desktop with Windows 11 and a Google Pixel 6 phone. Everything sets up and pairs correctly. I see my text messages and contacts appear just fine. When I make or receive a phone call, the person on the other end cannot hear me speaking through the...
  9. People cannot hear me when making or receiving Phone Link calls on the P.C.

People cannot hear me when making or receiving Phone Link calls on the P.C.: I have a brand new Lenovo desktop with Windows 11 and a Google Pixel 6 phone. Everything sets up and pairs correctly. I see my text messages and contacts appear just fine. When I make or receive a phone call, the person on the other end cannot hear me speaking through the...
  10. I received alert on my computer that it is blocked and phone # to call. I want to be sure...

I received alert on my computer that it is blocked and phone # to call. I want to be sure...: I received alert on my PC of alert and it's blocked. I want to confirm the phone # they gave me is valid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-alert-on-my-computer-that-it-is-blocked/287aff7a-c261-4685-87c7-f17f31b005b6