Windows 10: I just received this computer to work with and the camera is not installed?

Discus and support I just received this computer to work with and the camera is not installed? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I install the webcam feature?ThanksTracy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tracy O'Brien, Apr 28, 2021.

1. I just received this computer to work with and the camera is not installed?

How do I install the webcam feature?ThanksTracy

:)

Tracy O'Brien, Apr 28, 2021

2. Camera not working

This is not a plug and play device, it's built into my laptop.. lol.

Sorry my bad for not mentioning, the program does install and seem to work fine. It did work when I first installed it, but it stopped working. Even if I freshly reinstall.

Errors are as followed..

When I open the program:

A webcam was not found or is not working properly.
    Please click connect button and try again.

When I click the connect button....

Camera not found. The camera is in use by another application, or not connected. Make sure the camera is connected and working properly, then try again.

It is connected properly, and there are no other programs running in the back ground.

ihavenoname, Apr 28, 2021
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 28, 2021
  4. I just received this computer to work with and the camera is not installed?

Microsoft camera not working with computer

Hi Declan,

The issue you are experiencing might be due to an outdated or incompatible device driver.

We would like to know more about your camera concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Has connecting the Microsoft LifeCam to your Windows 10 computer ever worked before?
    • Have you tried connecting the Microsoft LifeCam to another device? If so, are you experiencing the same issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshoot and then hit
      Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click Hardware and Devices, and then select
      Run the troubleshooter.

You can also check this article on how to troubleshoot camera issues in Windows 10.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

I just received this computer to work with and the camera is not installed?

1. I just received this computer to work with and the camera is not installed? - Similar Threads - received computer camera

2. I want to install a camera on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to install a camera on my computer: Greetings, Windows 11 Pro is installed on my computer I want to install a cameralogitech c270 hd webcamAnd it doesn't work for me, from a search on the Internet it turned out that it is not possible in this version of Windows, is that true?I would appreciate your help...
  3. I want to install a camera on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to install a camera on my computer: Greetings, Windows 11 Pro is installed on my computer I want to install a cameralogitech c270 hd webcamAnd it doesn't work for me, from a search on the Internet it turned out that it is not possible in this version of Windows, is that true?I would appreciate your help...
  4. spam: Just received this:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spam: Just received this:: Microsoft Account Thank you for using our services. This email is regarding your purchase of Microsoft defender. Please check below for more details of invoice Customer Id : 483462Invoice Id : MS-475456-72802Email : Invoice Date : 24 January 2022 Product Microsoft firewall...
  5. spam: Just received this:

spam: Just received this:: Microsoft Account Thank you for using our services. This email is regarding your purchase of Microsoft defender. Please check below for more details of invoice Customer Id : 483462Invoice Id : MS-475456-72802Email : Invoice Date : 24 January 2022 Product Microsoft firewall...
  6. Camera on Lenovo computer not working

Camera on Lenovo computer not working: A few weeks ago, my camera stopped working. I need my camera to work for school. I have a Lenovo ideapad 330S-15IKB. Whenever I try to use the camera app on my computer, use Zoom, or google Meets. It shows this image: [ATTACH] The camera light is on, but this is all it...
  7. Camera Not working within Citrix Receiver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Not working within Citrix Receiver: I have been trying for over a month to get my camera to work inside of my workstation that uses Citrix Receiver. When I am outside of that program, the camera works fine with Webex, Skype and Zoom. My company technology department has tried but cannot figure it out. I have...
  8. Lenovo PC - just purhased camera is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo PC - just purhased camera is not working: New Lenovo notebook - camera inbuilt camera does not automatically work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-pc-just-purhased-camera-is-not-working/83a24475-4a2c-4332-80cd-c954d2651ca5
  9. I just received a call

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I just received a call: I just received a call and test from 833-966-2131and he said my Microsoft will be cancelled tonight if I don't pay 399 - is this a scam? Never paid that price for Microsoft excel before. Is this a scam since my account is up to date....
  10. just installed scan app. where do i set my computer to receive the scanned document

in Windows 10 Customization
    just installed scan app. where do i set my computer to receive the scanned document: just installed scan app, where do I set my computer to accept scanned documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-installed-scan-app-where-do-i-set-my-computer/f3426f5f-0fda-4524-a24a-326c676ff534