Windows 10: I just reset my windows 11 computer. I had wifi problem. How do I continue setting up...

Discus and support I just reset my windows 11 computer. I had wifi problem. How do I continue setting up... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I did a hard reset on my Windows 11 laptop because I accidentally deleted my wifi drivers. Now I cannot continue with new settings without internet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by thokozani cele, Nov 16, 2023.

1. I just reset my windows 11 computer. I had wifi problem. How do I continue setting up...

I did a hard reset on my Windows 11 laptop because I accidentally deleted my wifi drivers. Now I cannot continue with new settings without internet. What do I do?

:)

thokozani cele, Nov 16, 2023
  2. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Nov 16, 2023
  3. Callender Win User
    Intermittent problems with TLS handshake and being timed out

Check DNS settings for both network adapters. Your Wifi might be set to use a different DNS server.

Getting message when trying to connect - Windows 10 Forums

Option Two follow steps then pick a DNS server from the list in item 7. Personally I use CloudFlare DNS

EDIT: Reset router first as already suggested.

Callender, Nov 16, 2023
  4. PinkAcid Win User

I just reset my windows 11 computer. I had wifi problem. How do I continue setting up...

Wifi doesnt work after resetting windows 10 tablet

Hi guys,

i recently bought a windows 10 tablet from Onda that came with full licenced windows 10 (didnt upgrade from anything) and i reset it as soon as id finished fiddling about with it and testing it so i could set it up fresh. it worked perfectly before resetting it and it connected to my wifi fine but after it wont find any internet connections and when i click the wifi icon in the corner it says connections unavailable.

ive tried the reg delete thing as it has vpn on it and i googled around trying to find a fix, one of which suggested if you upgrade from windows 8 that vpn breaks the wifi so this might be similar? however the command prompt didnt find the reg key/thing it was supposed to delete so that was a no go.

ive tried diagnosing connection problems and it resets the wifi adaptor but nothing improves, ive also tried updating the wifi driver but it says its already up to date and i cant connect to the internet on it to search for another adaptor. ive contacted Onda but theyve just offered to replace it if i send this back which im a bit wary of doing as they might just deny recieving the item and im out £160 + whatever it costs to send to china tracked.

could anyone please help me?

this was what i tried:

Step-2: Execute the following command and then press Enter

reg delete HKCRCLSID{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f

Step-3: Enter the bellow command and press Enter

netcfg -v -u dni_dne

it couldnt find the reg to delete

PinkAcid, Nov 16, 2023
Thema:

I just reset my windows 11 computer. I had wifi problem. How do I continue setting up...

1. I just reset my windows 11 computer. I had wifi problem. How do I continue setting up... - Similar Threads - reset computer wifi

2. how do i set up my wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i set up my wifi: how do i set up my wifi/adapterit does not show any wifi net work it said i have to connect to a adapter? i am not sure what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-my-wifi/8fe60451-f74c-46c8-aa35-c7cda6a8e5bc
  3. how do i set up my wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i set up my wifi: how do i set up my wifi/adapterit does not show any wifi net work it said i have to connect to a adapter? i am not sure what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-my-wifi/8fe60451-f74c-46c8-aa35-c7cda6a8e5bc
  4. How do I remote connect to a computer I just set up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remote connect to a computer I just set up?: I want to set up remote connection using windows 11 pro from my laptop to another laptop. It’s been running on the same WiFi as mine for 2 months. Now it’s saying the computer can’t be found and not in the same network maybe. Also I want to connect to the other account on the...
  5. How do I remote connect to a computer I just set up?

How do I remote connect to a computer I just set up?: I want to set up remote connection using windows 11 pro from my laptop to another laptop. It’s been running on the same WiFi as mine for 2 months. Now it’s saying the computer can’t be found and not in the same network maybe. Also I want to connect to the other account on the...
  6. How do I fix a windows 11 WiFi problem that says I need Ethernet I just want WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a windows 11 WiFi problem that says I need Ethernet I just want WiFi: My laptop win 11 home has a problem with WiFi. It does not show a WiFi button when I click the bottom right corner tab like the one with accessibilities. I looked in network settings everywhere but I can't find anything related to wifi, it's all Ethernet and other...
  7. How do I fix a windows 11 WiFi problem that says I need Ethernet I just want WiFi

How do I fix a windows 11 WiFi problem that says I need Ethernet I just want WiFi: My laptop win 11 home has a problem with WiFi. It does not show a WiFi button when I click the bottom right corner tab like the one with accessibilities. I looked in network settings everywhere but I can't find anything related to wifi, it's all Ethernet and other...
  8. I just reset my windows 11 computer. I had wifi problem. How do I continue setting up...

I just reset my windows 11 computer. I had wifi problem. How do I continue setting up...: I did a hard reset on my Windows 11 laptop because I accidentally deleted my wifi drivers. Now I cannot continue with new settings without internet. What do I do?...
  9. I had minecraft on my computer. I had to factory reset my computer.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I had minecraft on my computer. I had to factory reset my computer.: Now minecraft isn't showing up in my library or under my purchases please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-minecraft-on-my-computer-i-had-to-factory/82edb4e1-694e-4a9e-a0f2-cd3450c09434
  10. I had a problem resetting my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I had a problem resetting my computer.: I tried to fully reset my PC, it took about 16 hours to reach 99% and after 5 hours at 99% I tried to power it off and on again. It was trying to install windows on a blue screen and after 30 minutes at 5% I powered it off again and now my PC restarts, shows an error saying...