Windows 10: I just updated Firefox and now Windows 10 is, apparently, blocking it

Discus and support I just updated Firefox and now Windows 10 is, apparently, blocking it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just updated Firefox and now Windows 10 is, apparently, blocking it. When I try to access a site on the internet, all I see is a totally blank page.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RalphWilson, Jun 4, 2019.

1. I just updated Firefox and now Windows 10 is, apparently, blocking it

I just updated Firefox and now Windows 10 is, apparently, blocking it. When I try to access a site on the internet, all I see is a totally blank page. Mozilla's Help told me to "Remove Firefox from your program's list of trusted or recognized programs, then add it back." The problem is that the Control page where I do that is devoid of instructions but every application in the trusted list is checked. When I select the "Change Settings" button, I can uncheck the Firefox app but then what do I do? Or, do I uncheck everything EXCEPT the Firefox app and click the "Delete" button?

:)

RalphWilson, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 4, 2019
  4. I just updated Firefox and now Windows 10 is, apparently, blocking it

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

I just updated Firefox and now Windows 10 is, apparently, blocking it

1. I just updated Firefox and now Windows 10 is, apparently, blocking it - Similar Threads - updated Firefox apparently

2. Firefox blocked by family services.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox blocked by family services.: I'm an adult, I've removed all restrictions on the account, I've left the family, and nothing has worked. Its infuriating. I'm not even part of a microsoft family anymore, why is it that it's still blocking me from using firefox?!...
  3. Firefox blocked by family services.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox blocked by family services.: I'm an adult, I've removed all restrictions on the account, I've left the family, and nothing has worked. Its infuriating. I'm not even part of a microsoft family anymore, why is it that it's still blocking me from using firefox....
  4. Firefox blocked by family services.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox blocked by family services.: I'm an adult, I've removed all restrictions on the account, I've left the family, and nothing has worked. Its infuriating. I'm not even part of a microsoft family anymore, why is it that it's still blocking me from using firefox....
  5. MS Family Is Blocking Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Family Is Blocking Firefox: My parents use MS Family Safety for my account, and I have to use the Firefox browser for school. The only problem is that I can't open Firefox because of MS Family. My parents have removed all restrictions but Firefox is still not opening. I really need this fixed because I...
  6. MS Family Is Blocking Firefox

MS Family Is Blocking Firefox: My parents use MS Family Safety for my account, and I have to use the Firefox browser for school. The only problem is that I can't open Firefox because of MS Family. My parents have removed all restrictions but Firefox is still not opening. I really need this fixed because I...
  7. Family Features blocking Firefox

Family Features blocking Firefox: Hi,I am trying to install Firefox and I keep getting a popup saying I need to have permission through Family Feature to install the app. The problem is that I am 22 years old, and, to my knowledge, I have NEVER been on any Microsoft Family Feature Plan. Please help!...
  8. MS family blocking firefox

MS family blocking firefox: Hi! I've added my daugthers e-mail to built-in mail program and now firefox is blocked. A request window pops up every time when I launch ff, to get an approval for start from parents. I recieve the confirmation email to my parent acc, and click on confirm and NOTHING...
  9. ms family is blocking firefox

ms family is blocking firefox: Despite trying to remove all restrictions on my child's account, MS family protection continues to block Firefox. When the child opens firefox, it says 'ask your parent for permission'. I get the permission request on my end in MS Family, I approve it and grant the...
  10. Firefox is blocking Flash by default

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox is blocking Flash by default: After a number of issues and exploits have been discovered recently, Mozilla has taken a big step and is now blocking Flash in all of its Firefox browsers. Flash, the much maligned and hated software on which a surprisingly big part of the web still relies, has often been...