Windows 10: I just updated the software and since then svchost.exe and msiexec.exe are trying to...

Discus and support I just updated the software and since then svchost.exe and msiexec.exe are trying to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; after the update svchost.exe is trying to access %userprofile%videos and \device\harddisk1 and msiexec.exe is trying to access \device\harddisk2... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cwsdt, Jan 18, 2020.

1. cwsdt Win User

I just updated the software and since then svchost.exe and msiexec.exe are trying to...

after the update
    svchost.exe is trying to access %userprofile%videos and \device\harddisk1
    and msiexec.exe is trying to access \device\harddisk2
    should I allow that?

If they are trusted by Microsoft then why is Microsoft defender is blocking them and they keep trying to access these files?

:)

cwsdt, Jan 18, 2020

2. Exe file

New PC

Windows 10

Trying to download Chrome browser (exe file)

when trying to open, prompts open with and list programs to open with

will not allow exe file.

LuisValentin1, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jan 18, 2020
  4. I just updated the software and since then svchost.exe and msiexec.exe are trying to...

Exe's won't open

Hi Logan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that you are getting a pop up stating "You'll need a new app to open this file" when trying to run an exe file.
    I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please provide us the following information, to assist you further.

• Let us know the exe file type that you are trying to run?

• What is the size of the exe file ?
    Please reply with the above information and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

I just updated the software and since then svchost.exe and msiexec.exe are trying to...

1. I just updated the software and since then svchost.exe and msiexec.exe are trying to... - Similar Threads - updated software since

2. WK Update exe.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WK Update exe.: How do I uninstall WK Update exe.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wk-update-exe/2645f1ad-ebe0-482a-afca-3a701fb49e60
  3. Portable Software Exe Search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Portable Software Exe Search: ASK i have portable software in my external HDD how do i select the said software's exe file/launcher and make it searchable in windows key/button? thanks submitted by /u/frickun [link] [comments]...
  4. Disable installing software with exe and msi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable installing software with exe and msi: I have a Windows 10 PC (pro) and it's a shared PC at home. I have only 1 account on it and it's shared with the family. The main user is at administrator level and is only the main account we use. I could setup 3 accounts: 2 as a standard user and keep 1 as the...
  5. Disable installing software with exe and msi

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable installing software with exe and msi: I have a Windows 10 PC (pro) and it's a shared PC at home. I have only 1 account on it and it's shared with the family. The main user is at administrator level and is only the main account we use. I could setup 3 accounts: 2 as a standard user and keep 1 as the...
  6. Windows Defendor is bloking .exe of VectorCAST Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defendor is bloking .exe of VectorCAST Software: Hello, We are using Windows defender at our organizations. I am working on a software called VectorCAST version 6.4n for testing. It is observed that whenever I execute my test cases through VectorCAST software the windows defender treats it as threat and after some...
  7. Exe not working for a software

Exe not working for a software: I installed a softwareFrosty mod manager and I have tried for 24 hours to make it work but still cant open it. I have no antivirus installed I have watched all vids on utube but still cant do anything Any solutions?...
  8. .exe

.exe: So i was not able to run Amd.exe . To do so i went to regedit and under Hkey class root .exe i changed the value .exe to “%1” %* but the mistake i made was i did not gave a space after “%1”. So after i restarted my pc i am anot able to open any .exe files i tried...
  9. Software Reporter Tool. exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software Reporter Tool. exe: To my knowledge this subject has been around for several months with a few people asking the same question and never receiving a believable answer. Google suddenly downloaded "software_reporter_tool.exe" on a friends computer way back when and when he checked on what it was,...
  10. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. svchost.exe wanting to access videos