Windows 10: I just updated Windows 10 and I can no longer use the remote desktop/vpn

Discus and support I just updated Windows 10 and I can no longer use the remote desktop/vpn in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just updated Windows 10 and I can no longer use the remote desktop/vpn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SethKaren, Nov 27, 2019.

1. SethKaren Win User

I just updated Windows 10 and I can no longer use the remote desktop/vpn

:)

SethKaren, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

WM6.5 - Remote desktop over VPN

So i am trying to access a server on my network using my MW6.5 remote desktop over a VPN-connection

These are the issues i have:

• Remote desktop connects locally but not remote
    • VPN is working for Active Sync but not Remote Desktop
    • I have tried to access the remote client using only Remote desktop, and also tried to start the VPN-connection manually but there is no go
    Remote desktop works perfectly locally but as soon as i am outside the network it don't work.
    I use the same VPN-settings as for my Active Sync (pushmail from my exchange) and i am also trying to access the exchange server... that is, the same IP is used for both Active Sync and Remote Desktop.

I would guess that since Active Sync activelly start the VPN-connection when it tries to sync my email Remote Desktop would do the same when i use it - but no!

I am using a localized HTC HD Mini (swedish), we have a cisco VPN-concentrator, server is running Windows Server 2008 R2. I would like to know how to make this work.
    (if i missed some info needed i will supply what is asked for)

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop Issue

I am using an ASUS RT-68U router with built in VPN to remote into my PC. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and can no longer open a remote desktop session. I am not using the Windows Firewall, so the solution to enable the firewall settings for remote
    desktop are not available to me. I am using Norton Internet Security instead. Remote desktop is already enabled in the Norton firewall. Remote Access settings in the System control panel are correct. Any suggestions on what to try next? The only thing
    that changed about my system was the upgrade to Windows 10.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Need help Windows 10 VPN and Remote Desktop Connection

I have a Desktop PC in the office that is running Windows 10 Pro. I've setup a native Windows VPN on the desktop, so that I could Remote Desktop Connect to it through the Internet. It works fine in the office (I can connect to the VPN using my laptop and
    then RDC into the PC). However, I have 2 issues:

• When I connect to the VPN and RDC from home (not connected to the same WiFi network) RDC disconnects after 5 seconds.
    • The VPN ("Incoming Connections" icon in the Network Adapter window) disappears every time I restart my PC. Therefore I have to recreate the VPN every time I restart my PC.

Please advise, how could I solve this issue? I'll be happy with any support as I've been struggling with this for 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Saul

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. I just updated Windows 10 and I can no longer use the remote desktop/vpn - Similar Threads - updated longer remote

2. Why can I not use my google remote desktop after a windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not use my google remote desktop after a windows update?: Pretty simple, it sounds like it's trying to force me to upgrade to pro now to use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-use-my-google-remote-desktop-after-a/d567ad59-1941-451d-a4cd-a6b5cae26707
  3. Why can I not use my google remote desktop after a windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I not use my google remote desktop after a windows update?: Pretty simple, it sounds like it's trying to force me to upgrade to pro now to use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-use-my-google-remote-desktop-after-a/d567ad59-1941-451d-a4cd-a6b5cae26707
  4. Why can I not use my google remote desktop after a windows update?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My laptop has deactivated Windows 10 Pro License, I can no longer use remote desktop...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop has deactivated Windows 10 Pro License, I can no longer use remote desktop...: On Jan 22, 2021 working from home, using remote desktop, I received a Network Error, it was not until a week later that I discovered my laptop no longer was running windows pro. It somehow downgraded to Windows Home. After doing some research I found this was happening 2...
  6. Remote Desktop through VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop through VPN: I have a problem connecting to my remote pc via VPN. I have the same vpn server connected from phone and remote pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-through-vpn/f238f858-2e14-4c5f-a1d6-c5432901c0a8
  7. Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection

Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection: Hello there, Can anyone help me with the below issue please, For some reason, i couldn't connect to my work remote desktop computer. However, i can connect this from my laptop. Recently got a new Desktop so, wanted to connect to my work virtual computer from my desktop....
  8. Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...
  9. Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...
  10. Can I use Remote Desktop with Windows 10 Home?

Can I use Remote Desktop with Windows 10 Home?: Hello, I need help in knowing if I can use Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home to log into a remote computer from my PC. I purchased a PC with Windows 10 Home not realizing that I will have to log into a PC in another location. I am told that to use Remote Desktop I would...