Windows 10: I just updated Windows 10 on my laptop and now Google Chrome appeared on my desktop.

Discus and support I just updated Windows 10 on my laptop and now Google Chrome appeared on my desktop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've never used Chrome, and I don't know why it's there. I just wanted to see if any of you knew why. submitted by /u/RazorNinja8482 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RazorNinja8482, Mar 8, 2021.

1. I just updated Windows 10 on my laptop and now Google Chrome appeared on my desktop.

I've never used Chrome, and I don't know why it's there. I just wanted to see if any of you knew why.

submitted by /u/RazorNinja8482
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RazorNinja8482, Mar 8, 2021

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Naki, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

I just updated Windows 10 on my laptop and now Google Chrome appeared on my desktop.

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

I just updated Windows 10 on my laptop and now Google Chrome appeared on my desktop.

1. I just updated Windows 10 on my laptop and now Google Chrome appeared on my desktop. - Similar Threads - updated laptop Google

2. i was just updating my laptop after when it restart it appears this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i was just updating my laptop after when it restart it appears this.: please help me to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-just-updating-my-laptop-after-when-it/6da08b35-27ad-4b72-b386-a8dbf87ad1ab
  3. Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.: So after deleting one drive, due to it completely screwing up my shortcuts making them look weird, Google Chrome decided to stay like this. Any help on how to fix it, while it isn't really breaking anything, everything works fine it just looks weird and I would prefer it to...
  4. Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.: So after deleting one drive, due to it completely screwing up my shortcuts making them look weird, Google Chrome decided to stay like this. Any help on how to fix it, while it isn't really breaking anything, everything works fine it just looks weird and I would prefer it to...
  5. Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. 13 Google chromes are running on my Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    13 Google chromes are running on my Windows 10 laptop: Hi, When i start google chrome browser, then if i open Task Manager...it indicates 13 instances of google chrome. Do you know what this means? My computer is also running very slow. Might this be something to do with it? Its an Acer aspire 3 laptop
  7. Can't update my Google chrome in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update my Google chrome in windows 10: I am not able update my Google in windows 10 when I try to update Google it's give me his error 0x8007005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-my-google-chrome-in-windows-10/607f1f01-8b4a-49cb-9d90-655a2acf5536
  8. Google Chrome About my desktop?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome About my desktop?: Help I first thought that I had a virus because a strange bar just opened up above. I don't know how to remove it, someone can help me, it could be chromium or something like that, below I upload an image for you to see. [ATTACH] Google Chrome Über meinen desktop?
  9. Updated my laptop and now my desktop apps arent showing, but the ones that do appear are...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated my laptop and now my desktop apps arent showing, but the ones that do appear are...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/InYaPants [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7k7pl/updated_my_laptop_and_now_my_desktop_apps_arent/
  10. Google, Google Chrome, Youtube and Google Drive will not work on my laptop!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google, Google Chrome, Youtube and Google Drive will not work on my laptop!: Help! No matter what browser I try my laptop will not open any google websites when connected to the wifi. This even happens when I use Incognito mode. My family connect to the same wifi/router and don't seem to have this issue. There was an update my laptop decided to go...