Windows 10: I just updates Windows and now all of my documents, images, and desktop icons are GONE!

Discus and support I just updates Windows and now all of my documents, images, and desktop icons are GONE! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just did the update for Windows on my Lenovo Laptop. After it restarted a few times, I tried to log in and after putting my PIN or using thumbprint,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by awilkins1, Feb 25, 2020.

1. awilkins1 Win User

I just updates Windows and now all of my documents, images, and desktop icons are GONE!

I just did the update for Windows on my Lenovo Laptop. After it restarted a few times, I tried to log in and after putting my PIN or using thumbprint, I got a message that said "User profile could not be loaded".

I finally go Windows to open using the F8 option. I found a tip online

When my desktop loaded, everything was missing except for the icons for the internet, recycling bin, and iTunes - no pictures, no personal documents, nothing.

I eventually found them in a "Users" folder, and dragged them documents and images back. The computer restarted again and again this time, all of my documents were missing.

I tried restoring an old version, but nothing showed up.

HELP! This laptop has my school work on it as well as my dissertation research. I have some documents on a flash drive, but it's not everything.

:)

awilkins1, Feb 25, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

I just updates Windows and now all of my documents, images, and desktop icons are GONE!

icon screen

Hi Richard,

To help you better provide us with the information below.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software changes on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you Right click on Desktop Window> View > Check Shows desktop icons, check if the desktop icons are back on desktop.

Check if the Icons or files are available in the My Documents>Desktop folder, check if icons are visible in the folder.

Get back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

1. I just updates Windows and now all of my documents, images, and desktop icons are GONE! - Similar Threads - updates documents images

2. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  3. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  4. All my images, documents and other stuff is gone after an error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my images, documents and other stuff is gone after an error: My PC froze completely, so I had to hard reboot, and it booted, then froze again. I rebooted it again, and then the PC told me "The User Profile Service failed the sign-in". I exited and tried logging in again, and this time it worked but everything was reset. I still had all...
  5. I just update to build 19041 and now my WiFi is just gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just update to build 19041 and now my WiFi is just gone: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Apollo3520 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcq713/i_just_update_to_build_19041_and_now_my_wifi_is/
  6. Normal Desktop Icons all gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Normal Desktop Icons all gone: My Windows 10 Desktop suddenly doesn't show my usual icons--I had personalized it with links I use often. Now, it only shows my background photo and icons i'm not familiar with. Am I in a different mode that I don't realize? It doesn't show any browser options ??? and...
  7. My computer forced an update and all my documents are gone!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer forced an update and all my documents are gone!!: M My computer forced an update and now when I turn it on, all my stuff is gone. Where are my documents? my pictures? my music??? Please let me know ASAP - I'm freaking out over here...
  8. Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone!: Go backI had already gone back an update, via Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Go back to an earlier build section > Get started button. This didn't fix it. What are my options to retrieve the files?...
  9. I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone: I used the troubleshooter and it is saying that there might be a problem with driver for the wifi adapter. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!...
  10. Desktop Icons all gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons all gone?: I have the latest update of Win 10... Booted computer this morning and all of my desktop icons are gone. Could anyone help me find them? *Smile The desktop now defaults to a Win10 desktop but when I go to "desktop" there is nothing there. All help appreciated. wayne 53950