Windows 10: I just upgraded to W10 1903. Since then Windows Text Input Application and the Settings...

Discus and support I just upgraded to W10 1903. Since then Windows Text Input Application and the Settings... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since I upgraded, in the process of normal operation under some unknown circumstances, the Microsoft Text Input Application and the main Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeCapehart, Sep 10, 2019.

1. I just upgraded to W10 1903. Since then Windows Text Input Application and the Settings...

Since I upgraded, in the process of normal operation under some unknown circumstances, the Microsoft Text Input Application and the main Settings window spontaneously open. The text input app shows up in Task Manager, but I see no way to access from the UI. I have no idea exactly when these things occur and I was only aware of the presence of the text input app because I am running VirtuaWin and it shows up in the task list for the virtual screen in which it is running. Likewise with the Settings window. It also shows up in the task list of the virtual screen in which it is running, but at least I can physically access it . . . They both show up in Task Manager and I can end them from there, but that's a pain and I shouldn't have to do that in the first place. How do I fix this/these problems?

:)

GeorgeCapehart, Sep 10, 2019
  2. bo elam Win User

Microsoft Text Input Application/Inicio (Start in English) processes

I updated to W10 1903 last night. After the update, I found two processes in Task manager that I never seen before, Microsoft Text Input Application and Inicio. Inicio means Start in Spanish. Does anyone know what they are and what they do? The one called Inicio perhaps does have a role with Start menu, but I dont know. I searched Google and found nothing.

About the other one (Microsoft Text Input Application), some information can be found in Google but nothing recent (related to Version 1903). If it is something that can be disabled via Settings, I like to disable it. Same with Inicio, if its nothing important and can be disabled via Settings, thats what I like to do. If someone knows what this things are, please let me know. Thank you.

I just upgraded to W10 1903. Since then Windows Text Input Application and the Settings... [​IMG]

Bo

bo elam, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 10, 2019
  4. I just upgraded to W10 1903. Since then Windows Text Input Application and the Settings...

Windows 10 Upgrade: text input issue in specific applications

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have the following problem from the first minute:

Symptom:

Keyboard input doesn't work in several programs while it does work in others. The impacted applications become non-responsive after pressing any button the the keyboard. Sometimes 1 or maximum 2 keystrokes are accepted before the halt happens. It is also possible
    to paste in a text in the impacted applications (by using mouse only) and the error is not triggered this way. In Event Viewer I could only find "Unknown error".

Impacted applications:

• All MS Office 2016, Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
    • MS Project 2013
    • Desktop search (Cortana)
    • Edge (except in URL bar, web address works but I cant enter a search phrase inside google.com)
    • Internet Explorer 11 (except in URL bar, web address works but I cant enter a search phrase inside google.com)
    • SAP GUI (This is the only non MS software)
    Applications NOT impacted:

• Calculator
    • Notepad
    • MS Visual Studio 2015
    • Command prompt
    • Total commander
    • Store (search box)
    • OS Settings search box
    • Google Chrome (!) (Works everywhere: In address bar and in website bodies)
    Alternative check:

The On-Screen Keyboard produces the same symptom. I think the issue is not hardware/driver related.

Release:

1607 (I'm stuck with this due to company policy but I may negotiate if that helps)

My best guess:

The applications that are impacted are typically doing spell check and/or giving suggestions based on past user entries. The applications that are not impacted have no such "input helper". Chrome and Visual Studio are the only exceptions that do checks on inputs
    but both have their own internal engine for that. So I suspect I have a malfunction in something that is provided on system level and that does the spell check/prediction for text input as a 'service' to the impacted applications.

The question

I'm stuck with this. How can I fix the issue? What do I need to do to further investigate to find the solution? I'm desperately looking for help.

AndrasEros, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

I just upgraded to W10 1903. Since then Windows Text Input Application and the Settings...

1. I just upgraded to W10 1903. Since then Windows Text Input Application and the Settings... - Similar Threads - upgraded W10 1903

2. Mail, Search, Settings, Microsoft text input application

in Cortana
    Mail, Search, Settings, Microsoft text input application: Ok so Mail, Search, Settings, Microsoft text input application have been in my task manager for about a month now and I dont know why. When I try to end the tasks they just reappear please help...
  3. How to disable Microsoft Text Input Application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable Microsoft Text Input Application: Every few minutes, a process called "Microsoft Text Input Application" starts and uses 100% of my CPU. I can end it via the Task Manager, but I have to do this every few minutes.I tried to disable it by going to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics and Feedback > Improve Inking...
  4. Microsoft text input application?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft text input application?: Just saw this in my task manager. What is it? I don’t think I’ve seen it before. submitted by /u/Zx21v9000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hx42jl/microsoft_text_input_application/
  5. W10 2004: "App volume" does not remember input/output settings for applications.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 2004: "App volume" does not remember input/output settings for applications.: When setting an application's output to something other than default in the "App Volume" settings app, upon launching that application again, it is back to outputting audio to the default device, Even though the selection in App Volume was saved, it is still outputting to the...
  6. Microsoft text input application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft text input application: Hello, I recently disabled Microsoft text input application. Would this cause problems with my Turbo Tax online? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-text-input-application/79030088-90b7-411b-b5a0-64e70c04dd03
  7. No text display in shutdown script output since Windows 10 1903 upgrade

No text display in shutdown script output since Windows 10 1903 upgrade: Dear All, I am using Windows 10 32bit Professional on my home PC. I have configured a shutdown batch script (.cmd) via group policies that checks whether a system backup is necessary and eventually executes it. Additionally I have configured group policies such that the...
  8. upgrade to w10 1903

upgrade to w10 1903: why i can't recive the 1903 update? i'm from Romania [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-w10-1903/ed181fea-4b9c-475f-ad72-5ee735d2e0b1
  9. Shutdown problems since upgrading to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown problems since upgrading to 1903: I recently installed upgrade 1903 to Windows 10 on my Dell Latitude and to my Surface 3 Professional. Since the upgrade the Dell latitude takes 20 minutes or more to fully shut down. The Surface is running fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  10. Timeout Settings not working since W10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Timeout Settings not working since W10 Upgrade: Prior to W10 Upgrade (when I was on W7), my laptop would go 'off' - as programmed in my Settings - after X minutes' idleness (though if I caught it as it was just going off, & I tapped a key or moved the mouse, it would revert to the screen (progs, open windows etc) I'd been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft text input application

2. what is microsoft text input application