Windows 10: I just upgraded to Window 2004 and now it will not accept my password to log me in.

Discus and support I just upgraded to Window 2004 and now it will not accept my password to log me in. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Window 2004 and now it will not accept my password to log me in. I verified my password at microsoft.com and it works and I see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RalphGibson2, Aug 25, 2020.

1. I just upgraded to Window 2004 and now it will not accept my password to log me in.

I just upgraded to Window 2004 and now it will not accept my password to log me in. I verified my password at microsoft.com and it works and I see the device I just upgraded. What do I do?

RALPH

:)

RalphGibson2, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 25, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

I just upgraded to Window 2004 and now it will not accept my password to log me in.

Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

My suggestion only.

If you have time, please do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

I just upgraded to Window 2004 and now it will not accept my password to log me in.

1. I just upgraded to Window 2004 and now it will not accept my password to log me in. - Similar Threads - upgraded Window 2004

2. Log in and internet password not accepted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Log in and internet password not accepted: My laptop is not accepting my log in password a non d there is no option to reset. It says it is offline. I have tried connecting to the internet but it will not accept the security password either, I have double checked and it is the correct password....
  3. Log in and internet password not accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in and internet password not accepted: My laptop is not accepting my log in password a non d there is no option to reset. It says it is offline. I have tried connecting to the internet but it will not accept the security password either, I have double checked and it is the correct password....
  4. Log in and internet password not accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. In winRE not accepting the password that gets me logged into windows ten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In winRE not accepting the password that gets me logged into windows ten: I just installed a bunch of drivers and updates and the mobile hotspot on my Hp omen 15 from 2017 and my reason for doing that was mobile hotspot was intermittently functional. Then I did a system restore. Try to boot. BSODsafe mode. BSODAutomatic repair. Fails. other winre...
  6. In winRE not accepting the password that gets me logged into windows ten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In winRE not accepting the password that gets me logged into windows ten: I just installed a bunch of drivers and updates and the mobile hotspot on my Hp omen 15 from 2017 and my reason for doing that was mobile hotspot was intermittently functional. Then I did a system restore. Try to boot. BSODsafe mode. BSODAutomatic repair. Fails. other winre...
  7. In winRE not accepting the password that gets me logged into windows ten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My password is not logging me in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My password is not logging me in...: After latest update I can't login to my computer. It says my password is incorrect... But it's not... I use my password often so I won't get it wrong. And when I say I forgot my password no prompts happen for me to reset it. Please help me as I can't login and it's a but of...
  9. Log in screen won't accept my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in screen won't accept my password: Hello, I booted up my laptop after a few months of it being away. I typed in my password but it said that the password was incorrect I was confused as I hadn't changed my password recently but either way I started the password recovery process. Confirmed my identity with...
  10. Won't accept my password to log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Won't accept my password to log: It took the password when I went into the setup but won't accept it when I try to open Windows. Tells me my password is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-accept-my-password-to-log/debee611-0b98-4a7e-812d-d0462436a355"