Windows 10: I JUST want to "close the current tab" NOT all...no option? Could in Windows 8... :(

Discus and support I JUST want to "close the current tab" NOT all...no option? Could in Windows 8... :( in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All I want to know is: How do I JUST close the current tab, NOT all. I use Google.com in Windows 10. We were able to do this in Windows 8. I read a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnnaG0516, Sep 17, 2018.

1. AnnaG0516 Win User

I JUST want to "close the current tab" NOT all...no option? Could in Windows 8... :(

All I want to know is: How do I JUST close the current tab, NOT all. I use Google.com in Windows 10. We were able to do this in Windows 8. I read a response from Microsoft where the rep said they have NO capability to do this. Why not go back to 8 and do 10 the same way? Please make this possible. After I've opened 5 tabs and only want 1 to close...we should be able to do that? If not, does anyone else know how to do this?

Also, how do I turn on the 'auto-fill" form feature.

Thank you, Anna

:)

AnnaG0516, Sep 17, 2018

2. can't close current tab in Windows 10

When I try to close the current tab, a dropdown asks if I want to close all tabs or cancel, even if I only have one "tab" up. I have to respond to this in order to close anything. If I chose cancel, the current tab remains, as one would expect. If I choose
    close all tabs, no matter how many I have up, it drops me to the lock screen, and I have to start over. Using Cortana, I have to go back through the original steps to get to the first page of my search. I can close steps in the search box, but that doesn't
    work for everything.

RosemarieWard, Sep 17, 2018
  3. closing current tab

when I click on the close, I don't get the option to close current tab. It closes all tabs

RaymondTuro, Sep 17, 2018
  4. I JUST want to "close the current tab" NOT all...no option? Could in Windows 8... :(

closing current tab

Hi,

Internet Options> (General tab) Tabs> check "Warn me when closing multiple tabs" That should bring the warning back.

Don

Don Varnau, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

I JUST want to "close the current tab" NOT all...no option? Could in Windows 8... :(

1. I JUST want to "close the current tab" NOT all...no option? Could in Windows 8... :( - Similar Threads - close current tab

2. All Windows Hello options show as "currently unavailable" -- Specifically want to fix...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Windows Hello options show as "currently unavailable" -- Specifically want to fix...: I am running Windows 11 Home on a new LG Gram Evo and have scoured the web on how to solve this issue with literally no progress. Every single Windows Hello option shows as "currently unavailable." I never had the option to use facial recognition in the first place as the LG...
  3. All Windows Hello options show as "currently unavailable" -- Specifically want to fix...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Windows Hello options show as "currently unavailable" -- Specifically want to fix...: I am running Windows 11 Home on a new LG Gram Evo and have scoured the web on how to solve this issue with literally no progress. Every single Windows Hello option shows as "currently unavailable." I never had the option to use facial recognition in the first place as the LG...
  4. enabling command prompt of closing all tabs or current tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enabling command prompt of closing all tabs or current tabs: In Internet Explorer it allows you to access your setting to allow it to prompt you when closing out, if you want to close all tabs or current tab. how do you enable that in Microsoft edge?...
  5. I don't want to close all tabs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't want to close all tabs: Until yesterday, if through no fault of my own, there was more than one tab, I was warned if I clicked on the red X in the upper right corner. I said I didn't want the latest version of Edge because I didn't know how many settings were the way I like them and wouldn't be...
  6. "Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? "

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? ": loading new edge has lost the "Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? " box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-want-to-close-all-tabs-or-the-current-tab/1b31eb7f-452a-4cc9-834a-353e03671280
  7. Close all Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Close all Tabs: When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close all Tabs" . This means I lose the site and have to start all over again. I am using Windows10 64byte. Can anyone tell me how...
  8. Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs: Hi All, I accidently put a tick in "Always Close All Tabs" when closing down Edge, how can I change this back as I don't want this setting, I thought it might be called "warnonclose" like IE within the Registry, however this is not the case. I cannot see within the...
  9. close current, not all?

in Browsers and Email
    close current, not all?: If I have multiple tabs open and I click close, it asks me to close all or cancel. Where is the close current tab like IE11? 32670
  10. "Do you want to close all tabs" How set it up to close just one tab?

in Browsers and Email
    "Do you want to close all tabs" How set it up to close just one tab?: I have tried what I could find on the web to set up 10 to close just the one tab I'm in. I'm at a loss , is there a way with multiple tabs open to close just one. In 7 it was easy, why eliminate the easy way in 10? Is there a way to do it, it's important. Otherwise all tabs...