Windows 10: I just want to hear the left but it sounds left and right

Discus and support I just want to hear the left but it sounds left and right in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I tried everything, so that it can be heard in a single earphone (3D) But it can be heard in both and I have audio problems in games, it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RodolfitoElCrack, Oct 24, 2020.

1. I just want to hear the left but it sounds left and right

/u/RodolfitoElCrack, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Anvit Win User

PC not differentiating Left/Right channel properly

I have an .mp3 (Bohemian Rhapsody to be exact). When I play it on my Mobile (Xiaomi Redmi 2), the lyrics "Little High", "Little Low" which are supposed to be on left and right channels respectively are very clear and if you are only wearing the left headphone you would only hear "Little High" and not "Little Low" and vice versa. This is not the case with my PC.

How do I resolve this? I rechecked the sound file multiple times and also used this. I think i am missing some setting in my PC.

I've tried playing with VLC, iTunes and WMP to no avail. I am using Windows 10.

Edit - I hear "Little high" and "Little low" in both left and right headphones on my PC. But when on PC, "Little high" is louder in left and loud but not-as-loud-as-in-left in right. I cant find any setting for Mono as you guys suggested. Driver is Realtek HD Audio.

Anvit, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Callender Win User
    How do I reverse my left and right speaker sound?

I prefer Peace addon:

I just want to hear the left but it sounds left and right [​IMG]

I just want to hear the left but it sounds left and right [​IMG]

Callender, Oct 24, 2020
  4. I just want to hear the left but it sounds left and right

Muting left/right channel

Hi,

I am developing an application which requires me to mute left/right individually while listening to continuous audio output via headphone/earphone. I have tried the following options in windows 7, 8,8.1,10 laptops,

- Adjusting the balance levels in playback device settings - My playback device is speaker, i tried adjusting the levels by keeping Left channel to zero and listening to right, i can still hear some sound in my left earphone. (try this with some continuous music)

- Disabling all enhancements, updating audio driver, used a TRS earphone instead of TRRS - Still hearing some sound.

- Tried with apps like VLC Player, Volumouse (Nirsoft), Volume2 etc. - None of them work.

-Downgraded my audio driver to older vista version - Reverts back to new one

Is there any means to actually do this or is it a windows restriction which does not allow you to do this.

Any help guys.!

Hari Pandian, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

I just want to hear the left but it sounds left and right

1. I just want to hear the left but it sounds left and right - Similar Threads - hear left sounds

2. Left is right, right is left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left is right, right is left: I want to switch the monitors so my single-screen taskbar is on the left monitor, not on the right. I tried using settings, switching cables, etc., without success. I'm sure that there's something simple that I'm missing....
  3. Left is right, right is left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left is right, right is left: I want to switch the monitors so my single-screen taskbar is on the left monitor, not on the right. I tried using settings, switching cables, etc., without success. I'm sure that there's something simple that I'm missing....
  4. I hear left and right audio on both sides

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hear left and right audio on both sides: When I take off my right earphone, I can still hear right audio on my left earphone and vice versa. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-hear-left-and-right-audio-on-both-sides/b710fddd-190f-495f-83f4-56606c8ef91a
  5. I hear left and right audio on both sides

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I hear left and right audio on both sides: When I take off my right earphone, I can still hear right audio on my left earphone and vice versa. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-hear-left-and-right-audio-on-both-sides/b710fddd-190f-495f-83f4-56606c8ef91a
  6. I hear left and right audio on both sides

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Want stereo for Hearing aids, Can only connect to left or right?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Want stereo for Hearing aids, Can only connect to left or right?: I have two hearing aids. Not one. Two. How can I stream stereo audio through Bluetooth? I have connected both hearing aids to Bluetooth, but Windows will only let me set one or the other as the output device. The only stereo mix I see is for Recording, not Playback....
  8. Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left

Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left: Display of windows all of a sudden shift to right and right side part screen is visible on the left side. Things get normal after a restart. I am using recommended display setting . Two photos on different dates. [ATTACH] [IMG] please help with the solution!...
  9. i cant balnce my headphone left and right sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i cant balnce my headphone left and right sound: my left side is slightly higher volume than right side. i followed two methods. 1-" sound setting into left and right balance " but i didnt see the option for that 2- used the registry editor and set the value to 1, buti still dont see the left and right balance!...
  10. Left-right button.

Left-right button.: my touchpad isn't broke. I can't use left-right button on touchpad and keyboard at the same time when being game. Example: I used left or right button and keyboard ( WASD button ) at the same time, it doesn't let me firing or aim, only can I use left or right button...