Windows 10: I just want to let Microsoft know that I absolutely HATE what they're doing

Discus and support I just want to let Microsoft know that I absolutely HATE what they're doing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whether you agree with me or not, I want publicly say that Microsoft has crossed the line. I've spent nearly forty years using their products from the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by silvanet_1, Aug 27, 2019.

1. I just want to let Microsoft know that I absolutely HATE what they're doing

Whether you agree with me or not, I want publicly say that Microsoft has crossed the line. I've spent nearly forty years using their products from the initial days of MS-DOS. I bought and used nearly every version of Windows - from its mere graphic shell for MS-DOS in version 1, through its development of something approaching an actual operating system in its 3 series, culminating in Windows for Workgroups, through 95, 98, 2000, XP, 7, and 10. I can remember the cheesy, Mickey Mouse communications settings back at their beginnings.

They have taken a new direction of cramming their desired configuration on almost everything, assuming the role of ultimate nanny.

What possible care should it be to Microsoft what one wants to name their user account? Now when you install Windows 10 Pro (as I just did), Microsoft takes away your choice to name your account whatever you should choose. I simply do not want my user account to reflect my actual legal name (as I use it to make credit card payments to Microsoft). If I should want to name my user account Raven, or whatever, why should it be of any interest whatsoever to Microsoft? That is, unless they're planning to create a stack of legal evidence they would immediately turn over on the request of law enforcement or government agency, without a warrant.

There simply is no legitimate business reason or purpose for that level of intrusion. I can still recall how they tried to bury Netscape when that company developed a better web browser. Microsoft did every anti-competitive thing they could maneuver to block users from turning to Netscape. How many of us have seen them ridiculously and unnecessarily take away features, or hide and bury them deep in the dungeons of the registry? Anyone can search the Internet to confirm the repeated and regular disasters caused by their updates. You can hardly do anything on Windows nowadays without running into an error message that you have to plod through fatuous tutorials and instructions that actually don't work before finally finding workable solutions that should have been clear from the start?

After every new installation you have to clean out all their garbage, advertisements, and automatic regression of settings changes it took you years to refine. They still insist on cramming and bundling their browser and sneaking it back even after you have deleted every shortcut and made sure you selected another as default. They continue shoving new "recommended" apps, making it near impossible to choose what you want. They've bundled in their apps store, blocking competitor products (for example, Google Maps). Once you have set up all your defaults, Microsoft will push an update that destroys all your work and reset their own **** without asking.

Sorry, no offense intended to all you MVPs, but you're trained to be apologists for Microsoft. On one had, many seeking help have not done any searching and the simplest instructions are appropriate, but a great many have already tried the standard Microsoft first steps and that's where they ran into the brick wall. They don't need a link to the basic...go to Settings, select option B, then option 3, and that's where you do what you want. Please read the questions. Maybe the reader already, for example, tried diskpart and went through all the steps of creating and formatting partitions, reading up on all the commands, and when they tried to install Windows, the wizard had insufficient information so they suddenly see an error saying they can't install on an EFI or GPT device...

If you have an extremely frustrating experience with Microsoft apparently making their operating system worse, please share.

:)

silvanet_1, Aug 27, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 27, 2019
  4. I just want to let Microsoft know that I absolutely HATE what they're doing

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

I just want to let Microsoft know that I absolutely HATE what they're doing

1. I just want to let Microsoft know that I absolutely HATE what they're doing - Similar Threads - let Microsoft absolutely

2. what do I do know?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do I do know?: what should I do if I contacted them and they added network security to my computer and I sent them a check for $641.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-know/cb785e3e-38e3-46fa-8cae-2cba037b5478
  3. I absolutely HATE this Bluetooth Hands-Free "feature"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I absolutely HATE this Bluetooth Hands-Free "feature": No matter how many times I fix this problem messing with Devices and Printers, going to bluetooth configurations disabling the mic and this hands-free feature that I'm almost sure that nobody uses this, my JBL Wave Flex keeps randomly connecting in this mode, and I DON'T WANT...
  4. I absolutely HATE this Bluetooth Hands-Free "feature"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I absolutely HATE this Bluetooth Hands-Free "feature": No matter how many times I fix this problem messing with Devices and Printers, going to bluetooth configurations disabling the mic and this hands-free feature that I'm almost sure that nobody uses this, my JBL Wave Flex keeps randomly connecting in this mode, and I DON'T WANT...
  5. I hate Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate Microsoft: Microsoft is an overpriced useless collection of competing and non-functional programs. Simple urgent fixes are not made and instead we have things like Edge and Bing that cannot be deleted and appear like a Trojan bug...
  6. I hate Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I hate Microsoft: Microsoft is an overpriced useless collection of competing and non-functional programs. Simple urgent fixes are not made and instead we have things like Edge and Bing that cannot be deleted and appear like a Trojan bug...
  7. I HATE MICROSOFT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I HATE MICROSOFT: I HAVE REINSTALLED WIN 10 HOME FROM ISO BACKUP ABOUT 300000 TIMES AND APPS SEEM TO COME FROM NOWHERE, ARE UNINSTALLABLE HALF THE TIME, AND COME BACK EVEN IF YOU DO INSTALL THEM. I HAVE CREATED ABOUT 3000000 FAKE OUTLOOK EMAILS TO GET THRU THE LOGIN PROCESS ON WIN 10 STARTING...
  8. Just wanted to know

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just wanted to know: So, after like 2-3 months of getting my laptop, there is this weird thing that has been happening(idk if its weird and happens to everyone but just wanted to now). If I, for ex, press the windows key there is a 1-2 seconds delay in opening the start menu but if I open it...
  9. WANT TO KNOW WHAT MICROSOFT IS REALLY DOING

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WANT TO KNOW WHAT MICROSOFT IS REALLY DOING: I'm so mad I could spit nails......For over 2 weeks I had thought I had hackers or developers in my system. But it was MICROSOFT AND THEIR MINNIONS making my hard drive a virtual drive. TOOK my API keys and made five MDM accounts and used my computer to make phone calls....
  10. What do I want to know about this scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do I want to know about this scam?: Suddenly popped up. Does not give any workable option to close it. URL is strange, all sorts of flags here.... I even had a difficult time to regain control of the computer. It played a loud announcement. I switched off the speaker. Claims to be Windows Defender....