Windows 10: I just want to use the thing I paid for, is that really so much to ask

Discus and support I just want to use the thing I paid for, is that really so much to ask in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I usually use Linux, but I wanted to play some Forza, so I reinstalled Windows. I have a valid key, but I've changed motherboards since I last used it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/carbonated_bread, Mar 7, 2020.

1. I just want to use the thing I paid for, is that really so much to ask

I usually use Linux, but I wanted to play some Forza, so I reinstalled Windows. I have a valid key, but I've changed motherboards since I last used it.

Went through the install process, selected my 500gb SSD, and let it finish up. Activated, cool. However at some point it decided it didn't like the 500gb SSD I told it to use and installed onto my 512gb SSD instead, rolling right over my Linux install. Less cool.

Whatever, I have backups. Removed the 512gb SSD altogether, and it managed to figure it out this time. Cool, into the OS, and what's this? Not activated? That can't be right.

My key is no longer valid, this is dumb and shouldn't be a problem, but I guess it is how it is. Opened up the live chat box, asked to talk to a person, and waited.

And waited.

Across 2 days, 3 total hours of waiting, I gave up and decided to call them. 25 minutes of waiting later, tech support guy asks to control my PC, fumbles with the command line for a minute, before saying my key is fine now and to reinstall.

1 Windows 10 reinstall later, key still doesn't work.

Called them again, told that no one in the office knows how to deal with activation issues and to call back tomorrow. I am not available to deal with this again until next Saturday night.

cool, guess I'll use the products I paid for some other time, then.

This is more of a rant than a post asking for Help. There just isn't a better flair. Getting the error code 0x803f7001, if anyone has any other ideas to get around this, I'd love to hear them.

submitted by /u/carbonated_bread
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/carbonated_bread, Mar 7, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I just want to use the thing I paid for, is that really so much to ask :p

cadaveca, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Help me choose an mATX AM2 board

I wasn't really asking for new suggestions. Would like input on the boards I listed.

GJSNeptune, Mar 7, 2020
  4. I just want to use the thing I paid for, is that really so much to ask

EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2 2048 MB

Well that helps, but what will EVGA actually have listed 75-90 day from your date of purchase that is a true step-up? *Big Grin I just want to use the thing I paid for, is that really so much to ask :D

Casecutter, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

I just want to use the thing I paid for, is that really so much to ask

1. I just want to use the thing I paid for, is that really so much to ask - Similar Threads - thing paid really

2. So I really want to use Windows 7 on my laptop but:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I really want to use Windows 7 on my laptop but:: First, it uses NVMe instead of SATA disk. Secondly, it's only support UEFI-GPT instead of BIOS-MBRno CSM either. Also my laptop processor is Intel Core I3-1005G1Intel Core I3 10th Generation.I don't really care about security so don't tell me to keep Windows 10 and the reason...
  3. So I really want to use Windows 7 on my laptop but:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I really want to use Windows 7 on my laptop but:: First, it uses NVMe instead of SATA disk. Secondly, it's only support UEFI-GPT instead of BIOS-MBRno CSM either. Also my laptop processor is Intel Core I3-1005G1Intel Core I3 10th Generation.I don't really care about security so don't tell me to keep Windows 10 and the reason...
  4. I want so much, to use to Wordpad . . .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want so much, to use to Wordpad . . .: My computer is a laptop running Windows 10I'm going to dictate this text into a microphone and I'm not going to go back and fix it please understand I've asked over and over and over again. In Wordpad after I make the changes and I save it I open it again and the text is...
  5. I want so much, to use to Wordpad . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want so much, to use to Wordpad . . .: My computer is a laptop running Windows 10I'm going to dictate this text into a microphone and I'm not going to go back and fix it please understand I've asked over and over and over again. In Wordpad after I make the changes and I save it I open it again and the text is...
  6. I want so much, to use to Wordpad . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I hate this so much.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I hate this so much.: [ATTACH] I feel like going insane doing the same Install-Uninstall loop over and over again. https://preview.redd.it/chc7jzfaloo91.png?width=690&format=png&auto=webp&s=a7e1e73aa62d9eb19158d5d73660ef18fae1b397 submitted by /u/norbajusz [link] [comments]...
  8. I really wanted to use this feature on PC

I really wanted to use this feature on PC: You can now use the Xbox Share button feature on Windows 11 PCs too - Neowin Share button Xbox Series controller in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community Why still not on W10 and straight to W11? submitted by /u/Wicked_Folie [link] [comments]...
  9. Just Wanted to Ask

Just Wanted to Ask: Hello guys I just wanted to ask if there is a free way to download Microsoft Office. My dad bought me a new laptop but it did come included with Ms Office Home and student. So is there a way to download them for free? submitted by /u/LeeChanYi [link] [comments]...
  10. Really want to upgrade but I paid $100 extra for media Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Really want to upgrade but I paid $100 extra for media Center: I paid extra about a year ago for Windows Media Center add on for my new computer. I've used MCE since it 1st came out a hundred yrs ago and am 100% happy with it. But I use Win 10 at work and really like it, and would love to upgrade at home but MCE is not supported. I like...