Windows 10: I keep accidentally triggering Task View even though it and gestures are completely disabled

Discus and support I keep accidentally triggering Task View even though it and gestures are completely disabled in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I absolutely despise Task View, and have done everything I can to prevent triggering it when using my touchpad keyboard. I have: Hidden the Task View... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shade20x6, Feb 8, 2020.

1. I keep accidentally triggering Task View even though it and gestures are completely disabled

I absolutely despise Task View, and have done everything I can to prevent triggering it when using my touchpad keyboard. I have:

• Hidden the Task View button
    • Disabled Task View in the registry
    • Turned off all gestures on my touchpad
    • Turned off tap-to-click on my touchpad

It should be impossible for Task View to work at all now, yet I still manage to accidentally trigger this stupid function somehow.

Microsoft, stop adding new features without giving users the ability to toggle them on or off! This is amateur-tier programming!!

submitted by /u/shade20x6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shade20x6, Feb 8, 2020
  2. mertzi Win User

Disable touch gestures?

Just wanted to bump this thread. Unfortunately most people don't use Windows 10 on a tablet, and those who do probably have a hybrid and spend most time in laptop mode. That's why so few are annoyed by these stupid gestures, and information is scarce. I have a surface pro 4 and I use it as a tablet a lot, especially as a notebook taking notes in OneNote when I'm in class. I haven't had ONE single use for any of the gestures, but they are triggered a LOT and it really pisses me off. The main two are:

1. When I'm erasing something with the pen and get close to the left edge it always triggers the task view. If I want the task view I can use the task view button in the taskbar! I think this gesture is beyond stupid.
    2. When I tap (either with ONE finger or with the pen) on an icon in the taskbar it triggers what I believe to be some kind of swipe from bottom gesture. This happens at least 1 out of 3 times. It shows you exactly what you get if you long press, or right click with a mouse/touchpad on the icon (Name, Pin to taskbar, close window). I have no idea why MS implemented this as a gesture when you instead can just long press.

I think the responsible devs thought that these gestures would be time savers, but they are the complete opposite. Surely there must be some way of disabling them through the GPE?

mertzi, Feb 8, 2020
  3. JaeminJo Win User
    How do disable edge gestures? (task view)

Hello. I am using Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 3.

When I swipe right from the left edge of the screen, it shows a task view where the screenshots of all running applications appear.

But recently I found this feature very annoying. Can I disable this gesture?

JaeminJo, Feb 8, 2020
  4. I keep accidentally triggering Task View even though it and gestures are completely disabled

Disable Task View by touch dragging

Hello all,

I am using HP PC which has a touch display. This PC will be used in a showroom to let customers surf our products and such stuff.

The problem I am facing when dragging my finger from the left side on the touch screen, windows displays this view where I can switch between my current opened applications or even create a new desktop. I want to disable this feature because customers might
    do this gesture accidentally.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

MinaWadiee, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

I keep accidentally triggering Task View even though it and gestures are completely disabled

1. I keep accidentally triggering Task View even though it and gestures are completely disabled - Similar Threads - keep accidentally triggering

2. How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR.: Everything was fine, no issues what so ever, then for the first time ever in 8 years i opened task view a few weeks back since i wanted to test something with multiple desktops. Ever since, task view completely freaks out when using SteamVR virtual desktop. 9/10 clicks brings...
  3. VBS stays on, even though it is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VBS stays on, even though it is disabled.: Recently I noticed that VBS was running even though it was turned off.System information confirmed this as its showing VBS as "running"Windows security settings show that its off, turning it on, rebooting, turning it off again, rebooting, does not fix it.The only way I can...
  4. VBS stays on, even though it is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VBS stays on, even though it is disabled.: Recently I noticed that VBS was running even though it was turned off.System information confirmed this as its showing VBS as "running"Windows security settings show that its off, turning it on, rebooting, turning it off again, rebooting, does not fix it.The only way I can...
  5. Monitor's Audio Output Keeps Re-enabling Even Though I Disabled It

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor's Audio Output Keeps Re-enabling Even Though I Disabled It: I have an Asus monitor that i use with my laptop. It has an VGA output but i use it with an hdmi adapter. My problem is;Everytime i open my laptop and connect my bluetooth earbuds, computer keeps switching between the monitor's audio outputIt doesn't actually have any...
  6. Cortana keeps showing up even though disabled in task manager startup

in Cortana
    Cortana keeps showing up even though disabled in task manager startup: How to uninstall Cortana Tom's Guide the above did not work as the "..more" did not have "Run at login" to disable I have several win10 dedicated systems that do not have microphones and there is no need for Cortana All of the fancy updates and features are never used...
  7. How to disable task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable task view: I am running windows 10 education because I can get a product key through work. This being said, my work Microsoft account is not linked to my device and I am the sole owner and user of my device. The task view feature drives me insane. I find the clustering of windows...
  8. Powershell keeps opening at startup even though it is disabled in settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powershell keeps opening at startup even though it is disabled in settings: I have set it to disabled in the startup window, but it still keeps opening up every time I start up my computer. I am running Windows 10....
  9. Disable the task view feature

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable the task view feature: Is it possible to disable this annoying feature so it wont appear if i accidentally click the windows key + tab? 130417
  10. Get stuck in task view with gestures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get stuck in task view with gestures: When I use gestures (4 finger swipe up) to get to task view and see all applications, I cannot get out of it. Swipe down, clicking on a window, nothing will get me out of that view which renders my computer frozen for about 1 minute until the view closes on its own. My...