Windows 10: I keep bluescreening for no apparent reason

Discus and support I keep bluescreening for no apparent reason in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i keep bluescreening for no apparent reason, it first started when i was playing csgo i would just rando bsod, then it evolved to all games and now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BeanMan69, Feb 5, 2021.

1. BeanMan69 Win User

I keep bluescreening for no apparent reason

i keep bluescreening for no apparent reason, it first started when i was playing csgo i would just rando bsod, then it evolved to all games and now it has evolved to always happening there is a different stopcode each time and i dont know what ot do at this point so far ive tried

full reinstall of windows

running a MEMTEST

running chkdsk /f /r

i would really like to fix this as its causing problems for me involving my school work

:)

BeanMan69, Feb 5, 2021

2. Frequent bluescreens with no apparent reason

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your answer!

The BSOD's on boot have not happend for 2 days now for no apparent reason. They just sort of stopped. So the problem didnt show but I am convinced it will pop up again as it has done again and again.

Today I've swapped my RAM from slots 2 and 4 to slots 1 and 3. Not sure if that will make a difference but okay.

I've also swapped my SATA cables that went from my SSD (which I use to boot) to SATA 5 and my HDD to SATA 2 and rerouted them so that my SSD is connected to SATA 1 and my HDD to SATA 2.

1. The Windows memory Diagnostics desktop app checked for problems but didnt find anything.

2. The Driver verifier by ZigZag3143 resulted in a BSOD as soon as I started the PC. It happend a couple of times as intended. I disabled the verifier so I could boot normaly and check which driver was causing the issue.

WhoCrased analysed the Minidumps:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

On Sun 24-9-2017 14:29:53 your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092417-5656-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: lgbusenum.sys (LGBusEnum+0x1F0)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2004, 0xFFFFAE85BB9289A8, 0xFFFFF807F77501F0, 0xFFFF918123612028)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\lgbusenum.sys

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: lgbusenum.sys .

Google query: lgbusenum.sys DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

On Sun 24-9-2017 14:29:53 your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: lgbusenum.sys (0xFFFFF807F77501F0)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2004, 0xFFFFAE85BB9289A8, 0xFFFFF807F77501F0, 0xFFFF918123612028)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\lgbusenum.sys

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: lgbusenum.sys .

Google query: lgbusenum.sys DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So it looks like its driver software for my Logitech G502. I've tried to update it but windows says it's the latest version. I tried to disable it but the option to disable it isn't there in Device
    Manager. What would be the next step?

3. I ran the System file checker tool and these were the results:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.

The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

As to the other option you suggested; I dont have any external hard drives, dongles or USBs conected to my PC.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Rutger

Rutger Kuiper, Feb 5, 2021
  3. PaulAubin Win User
    Win 10 keeps rebooting for no apparent reason

My system keeps rebooting for no apparent reason. It happens maybe once a week and usually while I am streaming video on YouTube. The last 2 times it happened Windows generated minidump files which I have stored at the link below, along with a system summary
    file.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Paul

PaulAubin, Feb 5, 2021
  4. I keep bluescreening for no apparent reason

Screen Freezes for no apparent reason.

I am experiencing freezing of my Windows 10 laptop for no apparent reason when in the middle of, say, viewing a website. When this occurs the mouse or touchpad nor anything on the keyboard will function. To get the laptop, which is new, running again necessitates
    pressing the power button to shut down prior to switching back on.

The following "Problem Signature" information is no help to me. Can anyone assist please or is it something that necessitates returning the laptop to the manufacturer Acer?

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 124

Parameter 1: 7

Parameter 2: ffff9f8acbb83028

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_17134

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 2057

GordonTate, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

I keep bluescreening for no apparent reason

1. I keep bluescreening for no apparent reason - Similar Threads - keep bluescreening apparent

2. I keep getting BSOD / Stopcodes for what seems no apparent reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting BSOD / Stopcodes for what seems no apparent reason.: I keep getting BSOD / Stopcode for what seems no apparent reason. The latest Stop code: ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY. Your system will not allow me to upload a picture or screen shot of BSOD. How do I fix this?...
  3. I keep getting BSOD / Stopcodes for what seems no apparent reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting BSOD / Stopcodes for what seems no apparent reason.: I keep getting BSOD / Stopcode for what seems no apparent reason. The latest Stop code: ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY. Your system will not allow me to upload a picture or screen shot of BSOD. How do I fix this?...
  4. Icons that disappear for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons that disappear for no apparent reason: Occasionally I run into this problem where shortcut icons lose their custom icon on the desktop and it is replaced with a Windows generic icon. Example: I just installed Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office. It had a custom Acronis icon when it was installed. A few days later...
  5. Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason: Hi,I have a new Galaxy Book2 Pro with Windows 11 installed.The file indexing keeps pausing for no apparent reason.The only way to un-pause it is go to the Services window and restart Windows Search.When I restart the search service, the indexing starts working again, but a...
  6. Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason: Hi,I have a new Galaxy Book2 Pro with Windows 11 installed.The file indexing keeps pausing for no apparent reason.The only way to un-pause it is go to the Services window and restart Windows Search.When I restart the search service, the indexing starts working again, but a...
  7. Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason: Hi, recently my PC encounters more and more BSODFirst BSOD was "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" that happened dozens of timesThan new code "KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION" just onceAnd the latest one "ATTEMPTED_WRITEN_TO_READONLY_MEMORY"I have reinstalled my GPU driver after...
  8. Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason

Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 today. I put it on a USB, wiped every drive clean, and reinstalled Windows on my SSD. However, the system keeps freezing at random, and I have no idea why. It doesn’t seem to be linked to any program running. I’ll just be doing...
  9. Explorer keeps crashing every minute for no apparent reason

Explorer keeps crashing every minute for no apparent reason: I've had my pc for months now, and this problem only persisted a few days ago. Right from startup, my desktop, taskbar, and all of explorer (I even have trouble getting to settings) crash when I click on them and they restart by themselves. All my apps are working perfectly,...
  10. Screen Freezes for no apparent reason.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Freezes for no apparent reason.: I am experiencing freezing of my Windows 10 laptop for no apparent reason when in the middle of, say, viewing a website. When this occurs the mouse or touchpad nor anything on the keyboard will function. To get the laptop, which is new, running again necessitates pressing...