Windows 10: I keep getting a black screen forcing me to restart

Discus and support I keep getting a black screen forcing me to restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Î keep getting a black screen without any warning, sometimes I can still hear sounds in the background, this only happens while gaming and without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YungPelikan, May 6, 2020.

1. I keep getting a black screen forcing me to restart

Î keep getting a black screen without any warning, sometimes I can still hear sounds in the background, this only happens while gaming and without any warning. I already uninstalled my display driver with DDU and installed the newest driver from the NVIDIA website but I still get the black screen. Stressing my GPU with OCCT also causes the black screen.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

Mainboard: BM450M MORTAR MAX (MS-7B89)

submitted by /u/YungPelikan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YungPelikan, May 6, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 6, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 6, 2020
  4. I keep getting a black screen forcing me to restart

windows not booting, black screen yet safemode works

Hi Andrew,

I suggest you to force restart the computer and check whether you can boot into the computer or not.

Also I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen”
    issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, May 6, 2020
Thema:

I keep getting a black screen forcing me to restart

1. I keep getting a black screen forcing me to restart - Similar Threads - keep getting black

2. Screen blacking out and forcing laptop to restart randomly for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blacking out and forcing laptop to restart randomly for no reason.: Ever since I got my new laptop, I've had trouble with it as it randomy blacks out and restarts for no apparent reason. I don't know how to troubleshoot this error as the MyAsus BSOD and Driver Error troubleshooters both failed to find any problem with my laptop. Windows' Blue...
  3. Screen blacking out and forcing laptop to restart randomly for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen blacking out and forcing laptop to restart randomly for no reason.: Ever since I got my new laptop, I've had trouble with it as it randomy blacks out and restarts for no apparent reason. I don't know how to troubleshoot this error as the MyAsus BSOD and Driver Error troubleshooters both failed to find any problem with my laptop. Windows' Blue...
  4. Computer Black Screen but I Still get audio forcing me to hard reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Black Screen but I Still get audio forcing me to hard reboot: When I'm gaming, and this problem has worsened over time, my computer will randomly black screen, and the monitors will show as if nothing is plugged into HDMI 1. I still hear audio. I can then do nothing but hard reboot the computer, the keyboard shortcut Win + Ctrl + Shift...
  5. Computer Black Screen but I Still get audio forcing me to hard reboot

Computer Black Screen but I Still get audio forcing me to hard reboot: When I'm gaming, and this problem has worsened over time, my computer will randomly black screen, and the monitors will show as if nothing is plugged into HDMI 1. I still hear audio. I can then do nothing but hard reboot the computer, the keyboard shortcut Win + Ctrl + Shift...
  6. I keep getting black screen

I keep getting black screen: I get many black screens but every time the reason is different I Checked the event viewer and it seems most problems are error 141 or dwm.exe crashingbefore you say it- I updated my gpu driver- I switched my cablessome black screen events by screen viewer1. Fault bucket...
  7. I keep getting black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting black screen: I get many black screens but every time the reason is different I Checked the event viewer and it seems most problems are error 141 or dwm.exe crashingbefore you say it- I updated my gpu driver- I switched my cablessome black screen events by screen viewer1. Fault bucket...
  8. Screen freezes and forces me to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freezes and forces me to restart: I'm not to sure why it freezes. The PC has quite regularly done this, ever since I got it and mostly while playing games. I made sure all the drivers were up to date with DriverEasy, but it still manages to freeze. Is there something I missed? Reliability history and event...
  9. Pc showing black screen and keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc showing black screen and keeps restarting: This is a long one. After restarting my pc to install the latest windows update, I notice I can only use 8gb out of my 16gb of ram, and the ram was running at 1333mhz instead of 3000mhz. I open msconfig and set it so I can use all my ram. I restart my pc, then blue screen,...
  10. i keep getting black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    i keep getting black screen: the last two times I have been getting a black screen it says to close other programs but I cant do it any ideas? 24339