Windows 10: I keep getting a blue screen With a stop code Video TDR failure

Discus and support I keep getting a blue screen With a stop code Video TDR failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How to correct the stop Code TDR Failure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by David Storer-Blasini, Nov 24, 2018.

1. I keep getting a blue screen With a stop code Video TDR failure

How to correct the stop Code TDR Failure

:)

David Storer-Blasini, Nov 24, 2018
  2. rml123 Win User

Blue Screen - Video TDR Failure

Hello

I have had 2 blue screen system failures this morning. Both of them with the message Video TDR Failure. The message advised me to contact support and quote igdkmd64.sys.

The system was installing Windows Updates at the time so that is my prime suspicion. The update that was successfully installed was Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics. It appears twice at the top of the list of updates for some reason.

rml123, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Stop Code "VIDEO TDR FAILURE"

Hello everyone,

Earlier today my computer blue screened with stop code "VIDEO TDR FAILURE" and the process that failed was "atikmpag.sys".

At the time of the crash, I was rendering a video and trying to navigate windows at the same time.

The system was being slow then when I turned my back for a second, it blue screened.

I have only had it done once (today) but I don't want it to happen again.

Could it be that the rendering program was on high priority because I wanted it finish as quick as possible? (Not realtime priority)

Any advice on preventing it happening again?

Thanks in advance.

Datcoldness, Nov 24, 2018
  4. LeonSG Win User

I keep getting a blue screen With a stop code Video TDR failure

Video TDR Failure

Hello guys,

While using PC every now and then I get a blue screen error "Video TDR Failure" and what failed "nvlddmkm.sys

Im assuming a video card issue.

Have clean installed windows and hasnt solved issue.

Any advice/tips?

Thanks

LeonSG, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

I keep getting a blue screen With a stop code Video TDR failure

1. I keep getting a blue screen With a stop code Video TDR failure - Similar Threads - keep getting blue

2. Video TDR failure, blue screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video TDR failure, blue screen: The computer will suddenly crash, usually when playing a game and display this error:VIDEO TDR FAILUREcaused by nvlddmkm.sysSometimes, when the computer restarts, the screen will stay black and be unresponsive, and I'd have to turn it off and on again. I already tried...
  3. Video TDR failure, blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video TDR failure, blue screen: The computer will suddenly crash, usually when playing a game and display this error:VIDEO TDR FAILUREcaused by nvlddmkm.sysSometimes, when the computer restarts, the screen will stay black and be unresponsive, and I'd have to turn it off and on again. I already tried...
  4. Video TDR failure, blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Video Tdr failure, blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Tdr failure, blue screen: The computer will suddenly crash, usually when playing a game and display this error:VIDEO TDR FAILUREcaused by nvlddmkm.sysI checked my graphics card driver and it's up to date.One time, the PC froze when I bumped into it. Could be related but I'm not sure.Thanks in advance....
  6. Video Tdr failure, blue screen

Video Tdr failure, blue screen: The computer will suddenly crash, usually when playing a game and display this error:VIDEO TDR FAILUREcaused by nvlddmkm.sysI checked my graphics card driver and it's up to date.One time, the PC froze when I bumped into it. Could be related but I'm not sure.Thanks in advance....
  7. Video Tdr failure, blue screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Keep getting BSOD with the stop code VIDEO TDR FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting BSOD with the stop code VIDEO TDR FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys: HI,I keep getting BSOD with the stop code VIDEO TDR FAILURE nvlddmkm.sysI mostly work with graphic software such as Adobe Premiere and After Effects and while I work suddenly my computer crashes and I get this BSOD, and not necessarily after doing high processing...
  9. Keep getting BSOD with the stop code VIDEO TDR FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting BSOD with the stop code VIDEO TDR FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys: HI,I keep getting BSOD with the stop code VIDEO TDR FAILURE nvlddmkm.sysI mostly work with graphic software such as Adobe Premiere and After Effects and while I work suddenly my computer crashes and I get this BSOD, and not necessarily after doing high processing...
  10. Keep getting BSOD with the stop code VIDEO TDR FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys