Windows 10: I keep getting a "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" blue screen, and I can't find out why this is...

Discus and support I keep getting a "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" blue screen, and I can't find out why this is... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone! A few weeks ago I got this error for the first time and I wrote about it here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnnaVera, Apr 19, 2019.

1. AnnaVera Win User

I keep getting a "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" blue screen, and I can't find out why this is...

Hey everyone! A few weeks ago I got this error for the first time and I wrote about it here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-crashed/8aa9efac-a887-4215-9942-a645c0d8408a

I finally figured out what the BSOD error was and it's "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". This is the third time this BSOD has happened and I can't find a solution. Everytime this BSOD happens, it refuses to collect any diagnostic data. It either shuts down my computer or crashed at 0% before any MEMORY.DMP or Minidump file is able to be made. So I have none on hand at the moment. I can't even find any pattern that leads to this BSOD either. It just... happens.

Here are the troubleshooting steps I've tried so far:

1) Done a full virus scan, and an offline virus scan. 0 viruses found.

2) Ran CHKDSK. 0 errors founds.

3) Ran sfc /scannow. 0 issues found.

4) Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth. 0 issues found.

5) Ran a full hardware check from a recovery utility from my manufacturer. Took 1-2 hours. Tested everything from CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD, and more. 0 problems found.

Other info:

All my drivers are updated to the latest version. My BIOS is updated to the latest version.

Everything returning absolutely no errors is the most confusing part. I keep getting BSODs but my laptop acts like there are no issues.

Before the crash happened, a different thing has happened everytime. First time, the screen started flickering, and all my programs closed out automatically. A BSOD followed. My laptop shut down in the BSOD. Then my laptop couldn't find a boot device. After a restart, it could and everything worked just fine.

Second time, it did a BSOD while I was launching Eclipse and shut down unexpectedly. Shut down in the BSOD as well.

Third time, the mouse started lagging like crazy followed by my screen going black for 30 seconds. Then a BSOD. It was stuck at "0% complete" for half an hour before I just turned my laptop off.

These don't happen when I'm running any kind of intensive tasks either.

These 3 BSODs have happened a week apart from each other.

If anyone has any clue as to what could be happening, or any other troubleshooting tips, it would be greatly appreciated!

:)

AnnaVera, Apr 19, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Blue screen ntdll.sys CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hi Victor,

The CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bug check has a value of 0x000000EF. This indicates that a critical system process died.
    The ntoskrnl.exe may possibly occur due to the default value in the
    Boot Loader section of the Boot.ini file which is missing or invalid. BSOD errors occur mostly due to incompatible, faulty or corrupted device drivers installed on the computer. To better assist you, I'd like to know any changes
    you've made. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot blue
    screen errors. You can choose when did you get the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Apr 19, 2019
  4. I keep getting a "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" blue screen, and I can't find out why this is...

Issues on Windows 10 with blue screen error message "critical_process_died".

Original Title : critical_process_died

I see that the critical_process_died blue screen is related to Windows 8. I do not have Windows 8 - why am I getting this screen several times during the evening. How do I make it STOP?????

Thank you -

Linnea Campbell, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

I keep getting a "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" blue screen, and I can't find out why this is...

1. I keep getting a "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" blue screen, and I can't find out why this is... - Similar Threads - keep getting CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

2. Computer keeps lagging out crashing and blue screening Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps lagging out crashing and blue screening Critical_Process_Died: After going into the event viewer i've determined that the multiple blue screes i have been getting are due to the "termination of the Gamelnput Service. I have no idea why this happens and its always happening at random times. sometimes 10 minutes into playing a game and...
  3. Computer keeps lagging out crashing and blue screening Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps lagging out crashing and blue screening Critical_Process_Died: After going into the event viewer i've determined that the multiple blue screes i have been getting are due to the "termination of the Gamelnput Service. I have no idea why this happens and its always happening at random times. sometimes 10 minutes into playing a game and...
  4. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen and can't fix it

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen and can't fix it: Hey guys,i have blue screen and can't fix it,it's going already for a week i think.I updated my video adaptter's driver but it didn't help.https://drive.google.com/file/d/14PffDW-H-hRec8U3RYsNkUs8SrdkXBw6/view?usp=sharing...
  5. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen and can't fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen and can't fix it: Hey guys,i have blue screen and can't fix it,it's going already for a week i think.I updated my video adaptter's driver but it didn't help.https://drive.google.com/file/d/14PffDW-H-hRec8U3RYsNkUs8SrdkXBw6/view?usp=sharing...
  6. why do i keep getting these blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do i keep getting these blue screens: i keep getting blue screens that all have different error codes and i tried updating windows, updating my gpu and i just can't figure out what the issue is please i request any help...
  7. why do i keep getting these blue screens

why do i keep getting these blue screens: i keep getting blue screens that all have different error codes and i tried updating windows, updating my gpu and i just can't figure out what the issue is please i request any help...
  8. why do i keep getting these blue screens

9. I keep getting a blue screen.

I keep getting a blue screen.: Over the last month or so ive been getting a blue screen every now and then. Today I had a blue screened twice. I dont know what is going on. I am on a dell laptop....
  10. I keep getting the blue screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep getting the blue screen: Everytime i boot up my pc it eventually gets the blue screen. The stop code changes with every restart and I cant seem to fix it. Any tips? submitted by /u/IcySwine [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhl9wb/i_keep_getting_the_blue_screen/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DELL T5500 critical process died