Windows 10: . I keep getting a msg to delete one of the 2 Junk email boxes that I have. I did not put...

Discus and support . I keep getting a msg to delete one of the 2 Junk email boxes that I have. I did not put... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As above. I need to delete one of the 2 Junk email boxes. I did nit put it there & it wont let me delete it. For some reason, this is stopping me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PatsyFitzgerald, May 23, 2020.

1. . I keep getting a msg to delete one of the 2 Junk email boxes that I have. I did not put...

As above. I need to delete one of the 2 Junk email boxes. I did nit put it there & it wont let me delete it. For some reason, this is stopping me receiving emails from some if my friends. Thx in advance. P.

:)

PatsyFitzgerald, May 23, 2020
  2. Jeddie Win User

Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email

I have tried Googling but so far no solution.
    I just logged into my web client and it also shows 2 x Junk folders.

From @jimbos45 post, I should have only 'Junk Email' folder.

In my both Outlook 2016 and my web client, I can delete 'Junk Email' but not 'Junk' folder?

My account is Imap.

Can anyone suggest how I can rectify this?

Jeddie, May 23, 2020
  3. how do I mark email as junk. My inbox is getting overrun with junk

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

1.Are you referring to mail app or outlook mail?

The Windows 10 modern Mail application is designed with cloud-based e-mail access in mind. E-mail filtering, such as eliminating “spam” or junk mail, is expected to occur at the server side.

If you want to make any changes in the email account or want to turn on the spam guard, you have to do it in the email account which you have configured with Mail apps in Windows 10 (e.g: if you are using yahoo account in
    mail apps, you have to configure spam guard in yahoo, This settings will be automatically updated in mail apps)

If you are using outlook account you can follow the below suggestions. Outlook.com has several features to stop receiving junk/phishing messages. In order to filter it, I suggest that you delete them from your contact list
    and then you may follow one of the options below:

Method 1: Block a sender or a domain name.

1. Sign in to your account. Go to inbox.

2. Click the Gear icon located at the upper-right side of the page.

3. Select More mail settings.

4. Under Preventing junk email, click Safe and blocked senders.

5. Click Blocked senders.

6. Enter the email address or domain on the box labeled Blocked email address or domain: and click Add to list >>.

Method 2: Set the filtering level of the messages.

Please follow these steps to setup your junk e-mail filter in Outlook.com:

1. Sign in to the Outlook.com website with your Microsoft account.

2. In the upper-right corner of the page, click Gear icon, and then click More mail settings.

3. Under Preventing junk email, click Filters and reporting.

4. Under Filters and reporting, select the options that you want, and then click Save.

Notes:

> If you choose Exclusive for your junk e-mail filter, only messages from e-mail addresses on your Contacts or Allowed senders lists appear in your Inbox. Messages from senders not on those lists are automatically sent to
    the Junk e-mail folder.

> You should occasionally check your junk e-mail folder to make sure that good messages are not sent there by mistake.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Suvarna Govinda, May 23, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

. I keep getting a msg to delete one of the 2 Junk email boxes that I have. I did not put...

Delete Junk Email and Block Senders

Hi,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?

I understand your concern about blocking sender and finding for junk folder on Mail app in Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Method 1: How to block the sender.

I would like to inform that, Mail app is by design does not have option to block the sender, instead you can block the sender from Outlook account and same applies to Mail app as well.

If you want to add the sender of the certain email to your blocked senders list, kindly follow these steps:

• Sign in to your account.
    • Open or view the email you want to be blocked.
    • Click Sweep on the toolbar.
    • Select Delete all from…
    • Tick Also block future messages.
    • Click Delete all.
    This will also delete all messages from the sender.

Here’s how you can add the email address manually:

• Sign in to your account.
    • In the upper-right corner of the page, click
      wheel/cog icon
      , and then click on Options.
    • Under Preventing junk email, click
      Safe and blocked senders.
    • Click Blocked senders.
    • Under Blocked email address or domain:, type the email address where these emails came from.
    • Click Save.

Method 2: To find junk folder in Mail app

To find junk folder on Mail app follow: Log-in to Mail app, in the left-pane click on
    More and you will see Junk folder.

Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 23, 2020
Thema:

. I keep getting a msg to delete one of the 2 Junk email boxes that I have. I did not put...

1. . I keep getting a msg to delete one of the 2 Junk email boxes that I have. I did not put... - Similar Threads - keep getting msg

2. I keep receiving junk emails. I have blocked them but there keep coming back. I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep receiving junk emails. I have blocked them but there keep coming back. I have...: I keep receiving junk emails. I have blocked them but there keep coming back. I have pressed onto the 3 dots. I have moved. them into the detect fille. I have a extension with a Blocked them again but there still keep coming back. What more can i do? This is a sample. Reply...
  3. I keep receiving junk emails. I have blocked them but there keep coming back. I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep receiving junk emails. I have blocked them but there keep coming back. I have...: I keep receiving junk emails. I have blocked them but there keep coming back. I have pressed onto the 3 dots. I have moved. them into the detect fille. I have a extension with a Blocked them again but there still keep coming back. What more can i do? This is a sample. Reply...
  4. i have 4 core cpu but i did limit it to 2 and now i forget how i did that it is showing 2...

in Windows 10 Customization
    i have 4 core cpu but i did limit it to 2 and now i forget how i did that it is showing 2...: i have 4 core cpu but i did limit it to 2 and now i forget how i did that it is showing 2 cores pls tell me how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-4-core-cpu-but-i-did-limit-it-to-2-and-now/8587fd3a-721f-4cfc-ab85-e877e4fbb8f8
  5. I keep getting email spams

in Browsers and Email
    I keep getting email spams: Please i would like to know why I keep email spams? 182443
  6. I have 2 OneNote, which one I need to delete?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 2 OneNote, which one I need to delete?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MahvinK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l70myu/i_have_2_onenote_which_one_i_need_to_delete/
  7. The windows mail program puts several valid emails I receive in the Junk file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The windows mail program puts several valid emails I receive in the Junk file: Several emails that I should receive go into "Junk" file. How can I release them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-mail-program-puts-several-valid-emails/6894e94e-9412-40ee-98e8-c71b3b06daed
  8. MS Outlook 2016 - one Junk Email won't delete

in Browsers and Email
    MS Outlook 2016 - one Junk Email won't delete: Thanks in advance for your help. I received a Junk Email today advertising flashlights for sale. I've moved the email to Deleted Items, but I cannot delete it. This error message pops up: "An error occurred in the underlying security system. An internal error occurred."...
  9. I Keep Getting Emails From Hackers Like This One?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Keep Getting Emails From Hackers Like This One?: I Keep Getting Email Like This One? @@@@@####@@@@@ Hey. It's me! Your future friend or enemy. You do not know me and think why I received this letter. I am sorry for my english, its not my native language. I learn more machine language - code. I hack phones and save...
  10. I keep being told to delete a profile but I only have 2 on the system.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I keep being told to delete a profile but I only have 2 on the system.: Trying to go back to Win 7 I am told I have to delete the profile made after downloading Win 10. Does this mean the Administrator account I use or the hidden Administrator account made by Win 10. No where in the instructions on how to roll back is there a requirement to...