Windows 10: I keep getting all sorts of BSOD after new PC build/upgrade

Discus and support I keep getting all sorts of BSOD after new PC build/upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, everyone! I have my fair share of experience in terms of building PC but this one is rare to me. So I recently upgraded my brother's rig even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Deyud, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Deyud Win User

I keep getting all sorts of BSOD after new PC build/upgrade

Hi, everyone!

I have my fair share of experience in terms of building PC but this one is rare to me.

So I recently upgraded my brother's rig even tho its working fine

CPU: i3-4170 to Ryzen5 - 3500x

GPU: GTX 650 to GTX 1050Ti

HDD: 1tb WD to 256gb Gigabyte SSD

Mobo: H110m to AORUS B450M

RAM: 8GB DDR3 to HyperX 16GB DDR4 RGB 3200mhz

Everything in my upgrade is brand new*

Everything went great for the first 2-3 days i cant completely recall, then i suddenly got my first BSOD. After restart i could boot into windows then go BSOD again after 10-15 minutes. I tried updating the drivers but the issue is still there.

These are some of the Stop Codes:

PFN LIST CORRUPT

APC INDEX MISMATCH

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

I have also updated my BIOS to its latest version hoping that it will finally fix it.
    Did a chkdsk as well, no errors were found.
    I also tried switching the RAM sticks and putting just one but still wont work.

Can you guys suggest something? Thanks!!

:)

Deyud, Feb 13, 2021
  2. Jacko28er Win User

New Gaming Build

Hey all,

I'm looking to upgrade my PC as it's getting fairly old now and showing its age. Would you be able to provide me with some feedback on the below build.

I'm using a 1.5k budget.

http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/465145

The GPU isn't listed, but I will be using a GTX 970 and I also have a Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB mainly for my OS. (SSD was added recently to my current rig).

All feedback / suggestions welcome.

Many thanks,

Jacko28er, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

1. I keep getting all sorts of BSOD after new PC build/upgrade - Similar Threads - keep getting sorts

2. new PC keeps getting BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    new PC keeps getting BSOD: Hello,I have build a new pc and it worked great for 5 days then out of nowhere i got a blue screen of death with the clock_watchdog_timeout error. after this even windows wouldn't as i would get the same error before i could do anything. after clean installing windows for 4...
  3. new PC keeps getting BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new PC keeps getting BSOD: Hello,I have build a new pc and it worked great for 5 days then out of nowhere i got a blue screen of death with the clock_watchdog_timeout error. after this even windows wouldn't as i would get the same error before i could do anything. after clean installing windows for 4...
  4. new PC keeps getting BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD Keep popping up after build a new pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Keep popping up after build a new pc.: Ive built 3/4 pcs and ive never ran into this issue of blue screens trying to research and see what i might be any help would be appreciated. Used Dbugger to see what i could be no luck dont know how to read this.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25136.1001...
  6. BSOD Keep popping up after build a new pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Keep popping up after build a new pc.: Ive built 3/4 pcs and ive never ran into this issue of blue screens trying to research and see what i might be any help would be appreciated. Used Dbugger to see what i could be no luck dont know how to read this.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25136.1001...
  7. BSOD Keep popping up after build a new pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I have a new Build PC but keeps on getting BSOD DMP in my post

I have a new Build PC but keeps on getting BSOD DMP in my post: My build is Board: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max Processor: Ryzen 5, 3500, 6core. 6 thred Ram: 16GB 3200 HyperX Video Card: GEFORCE GTX 1650 VENTUS XS 4G OCv1 edition Power Supply: Inplay TrueRated 600W, 80+ Bronze I HAVE ALREADY DONE Download original ISO image of...
  9. new PC keep getting BSOD

new PC keep getting BSOD: Hi, I've just getting my new PC for around half a month and since last week it started to getting BSOD issue with different error code. I've tried windows update/driver update but nothing helps. here's the drive link for DMP files....
  10. Multiple BSODs after new PC build

Multiple BSODs after new PC build: I've had 4 BSODs with my new PC build. I believe they're all related to the graphics card. I have updated all my drivers. See attached zip. Thanks!!! TONY-DESKTOP-20-(2020-01-05_12-45-53).zip 147809