Windows 10: I keep getting an error message on a green screen

Discus and support I keep getting an error message on a green screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, For a while now, I've been getting the following on a green screen: error:{"error":4048"syscall":"ftruncate","code":"EPERM} I can temporarily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LarryTonn, Sep 18, 2019.

1. LarryTonn Win User

I keep getting an error message on a green screen

Hello, For a while now, I've been getting the following on a green screen:

error:{"error":4048"syscall":"ftruncate","code":"EPERM}

I can temporarily get rid of it, by clicking OK and then pressing Ctrl/Alt/Delate, and selecting cancel. Then the screen returns to normal,

but if the computer isn't used for a while, about 10 min. or so, it happens again.

Larry

:)

LarryTonn, Sep 18, 2019

2. Green screen

Hi Nancy,

The issue you are experiencing may be due to a corrupted software or a hardware failure on the computer. However, we need to perform some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this concern. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• What were you doing when you encountered the green screen?
    • Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you also getting any error messages when experiencing the green screen? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Desiree Yau, Sep 18, 2019
  3. green screens

Since I upgraded to windows 10. I'm getting green screens on IE, Firefox, Microsoft edge videos and on some movie apps. But not on Google Chrome.I have tried all the community step by step suggestive, instructions. But the problem is still there. I understood
    that Microsoft is having some issues with windows 10. Is that a fact? .

anthonypopwell, Sep 18, 2019
  4. PatM.YV. Win User

Getting green screen on Facebook videos

OT- Green Screen

Hey, my green screen problems are common except that I only get green screen on Facebook videos. One or two will work, then BAM green screen. No green screen on any other programs or sites. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Pat

PatM.YV., Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

1. I keep getting an error message on a green screen - Similar Threads - keep getting error

2. Green screen error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green screen error message: Good day, I turned on my hp elite book and I ran into a green screen error message saying "your windows insider ran into a problem and needs to restart" since then then my system has been restarting on its own. Please what do I do!...
  3. Green screen error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Green screen error message: Good day, I turned on my hp elite book and I ran into a green screen error message saying "your windows insider ran into a problem and needs to restart" since then then my system has been restarting on its own. Please what do I do!...
  4. Keep getting a blue screen with different error messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting a blue screen with different error messages: i keep getting the blue screen after a while when using my pc with different applications and games.i have attached my last two dmp files that i got the second one when i restarted the computer....
  5. Keep getting a blue screen with different error messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting a blue screen with different error messages: i keep getting the blue screen after a while when using my pc with different applications and games.i have attached my last two dmp files that i got the second one when i restarted the computer....
  6. Keep getting a blue screen with different error messages

7. Keep getting an error message

Keep getting an error message: I am getting the following message when I switch my laptop on - "We need to fix your Microsoft account your password has probably been changed Select here to fix it in the shared experiences settings."Now here's the thing. I have deliberately changed my login to only a pin...
  8. Keep getting an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting an error message: I am getting the following message when I switch my laptop on - "We need to fix your Microsoft account your password has probably been changed Select here to fix it in the shared experiences settings."Now here's the thing. I have deliberately changed my login to only a pin...
  9. Keep getting an error message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. I keep getting a blue screen of death with different error messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I keep getting a blue screen of death with different error messages: This has been happening for a few months now. Every 30 minutes I'll get a blue screen with an error that'll be different from the last one. There was unexpected store crash, system service exception, and one more that I can't remember the name of. I've tried resetting my...