Windows 10: I keep getting an error message that an app has not been identified and it won't open

Discus and support I keep getting an error message that an app has not been identified and it won't open in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get an error message .. The application had a problem and crashed. Unfortunately the crash reporter is unable to submit a report. Details: The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TerriCiffone, Apr 20, 2020.

1. I keep getting an error message that an app has not been identified and it won't open

I get an error message .. The application had a problem and crashed. Unfortunately the crash reporter is unable to submit a report. Details: The application did not identify itself. How can I stop getting this message. It blocks some of my older apps. These apps use to open with no problem.

:)

TerriCiffone, Apr 20, 2020

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Adalwar Win User
    This App can´t open

Hi,
    Sorry for my poor english.

Whit the UAC disabled (Registry> EnableLUA=0) I get the error message "The app can´t open", "...with the Built-in Administrator account. Try with another account".
    I get this message when I try to open any Windows App (Calender, Fotos, Camera, Edge, One Note), everything.

How to make App´s work with UAC disabled?

Adalwar, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

I keep getting an error message that an app has not been identified and it won't open

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. I keep getting an error message that an app has not been identified and it won't open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

I keep getting an error message that an app has not been identified and it won't open

1. I keep getting an error message that an app has not been identified and it won't open - Similar Threads - keep getting error

2. Identify app that is open and keeping Restart from working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Identify app that is open and keeping Restart from working.: How to find the app that is open and is keeping the system from restarting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/identify-app-that-is-open-and-keeping-restart-from/dfc94846-bec8-488f-b34d-93faeae41853
  3. I keep getting this message "error opening file for writing" when downloading apps that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting this message "error opening file for writing" when downloading apps that...: Ever since my external hard drive broke with my games and files in there, I tried to download those files again in my new SSD, but it didn't work. I tried many methods, but still, none of them worked. And I can't find any tutorials with my specific issue....
  4. I keep getting this message "error opening file for writing" when downloading apps that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting this message "error opening file for writing" when downloading apps that...: Ever since my external hard drive broke with my games and files in there, I tried to download those files again in my new SSD, but it didn't work. I tried many methods, but still, none of them worked. And I can't find any tutorials with my specific issue....
  5. I keep getting this message "error opening file for writing" when downloading apps that...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Keep getting an error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting an error message: I am getting the following message when I switch my laptop on - "We need to fix your Microsoft account your password has probably been changed Select here to fix it in the shared experiences settings."Now here's the thing. I have deliberately changed my login to only a pin...
  7. Keep getting an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting an error message: I am getting the following message when I switch my laptop on - "We need to fix your Microsoft account your password has probably been changed Select here to fix it in the shared experiences settings."Now here's the thing. I have deliberately changed my login to only a pin...
  8. Keep getting an error message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Start menu won't open and I get a critical error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu won't open and I get a critical error message: When I click on the start icon, A critical error tab pops up:"Critical ErrorYour start menu isn't working. we'll try to fix this next time you sign in."However, after restarting, and trying for hours searching and trying to fix it, nothing has worked.I've tried: updating...
  10. I keep getting this error message at startup, "You'll need a new App to open this...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I keep getting this error message at startup, "You'll need a new App to open this...: I keep getting this error message at startup, "You'll need a new App to open this startup-IC link". in Windows 10 and I have no idea what "startup-IC " means. When I click anywhere on the screen the message disappears....