Windows 10: I keep getting an error when trying to install a software game into my computer Microsoft...

Discus and support I keep getting an error when trying to install a software game into my computer Microsoft... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I tried to install the Software I keep getting an Error message :1722 and it shows my windows installer has been failed. >>error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tony NC, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Tony NC Win User

I keep getting an error when trying to install a software game into my computer Microsoft...

Every time I tried to install the Software I keep getting an Error message :1722 and it shows my windows installer has been failed.
    >>error message:1603 is a fatal in installation of the software.

:)

Tony NC, Aug 8, 2019

2. Can't install Oblivion: Data Error

The crc error is kind-of a developer's fault which happens if you install the game on a system where it had already been installed and uninstalled before. It had happened to me personally and my disk is fine...

To manage without having to reinstall windows, try it - at the best you'd save buying a new disk and at the worst it might not work and no harm would be done...

1.) Go to Add/remove programs and uninstall Oblivion (If it shows on the list). If the add/remove procedure results in an error - skip to the next step and continue as it will still remove the game with the remaining steps.

2.) After or If the uninstall finishes go to Start - Run - type regedit - hit Enter - click on the + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click on the + sign next to SOFTWARE, click on the + sign next to BETHESDA SOFTWORKS, right click on Oblivion (if it is still there) and then delete.

3.)Now still in Regedit find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{35CB6715-41F8-4F99-8881-6FC75BF054B0} and delete it the same way you deleted oblivion in the last step.(If it is still there - this is the uninstall key for add\remove programs)

4.)close regedit.

5.)Go into explorer find the C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder (if it is still there) and delete it.

6.)find the folder C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Games\Oblivion (Substitute your username for USERNAME) and delete it (Again if it is still there)

By doing this it will delete all traces of the game from your computer.

Now you can install the game *Smile I keep getting an error when trying to install a software game into my computer Microsoft... :) hopefully without getting crc problems.

If deleting the stuff from the registry doesn't work or you're still getting uninstallation errors, one way that I used to get around it was to go into Safe Mode and run the setup.exe file from the disc. IIRC it asks you if you want to reinstall the game...so go ahead and reinstall it.

Black Panther, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 8, 2019
  4. I keep getting an error when trying to install a software game into my computer Microsoft...

Unable to install a game on Windows 10.

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to install the game on your computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you the administrator of the user profile?
    • What is the error message/error code you get on trying to install the game on computer?
    • Did you check if the game is compatible with the current operating system?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the game software with the current operating system on your computer.

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, i suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

c. Check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

I keep getting an error when trying to install a software game into my computer Microsoft...

1. I keep getting an error when trying to install a software game into my computer Microsoft... - Similar Threads - keep getting error

2. Keep getting this error when trying to install update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting this error when trying to install update: 0x80070643already did sfc /scannow and DISM both came back with nothing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-this-error-when-trying-to-install/194d2f54-ee1a-4b1f-83c0-6911c5b1eb08
  3. Keep getting this error when trying to install update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting this error when trying to install update: 0x80070643already did sfc /scannow and DISM both came back with nothing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-this-error-when-trying-to-install/194d2f54-ee1a-4b1f-83c0-6911c5b1eb08
  4. Keep getting this error when trying to install update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When i try to log into my Microsoft account i keep getting this error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i try to log into my Microsoft account i keep getting this error: I'm trying to log into my Microsoft account but whenever i enter the password it keeps saying "something went wrong please try again later 0x80190001" does anyone know the solution to this problem?...
  6. When i try to log into my Microsoft account i keep getting this error

When i try to log into my Microsoft account i keep getting this error: I'm trying to log into my Microsoft account but whenever i enter the password it keeps saying "something went wrong please try again later 0x80190001" does anyone know the solution to this problem?...
  7. Trying to install a game and keep getting errors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trying to install a game and keep getting errors: Trying to install Forza Horizon 5 and I keep getting the error Code: 0x80070070 which is not enough space on my drive. It is trying to download it on my C drive which there is not enough room on but I want it on my D drive but it just keeps saying "Code: 0x80070070". I tried...
  8. Trying to install a game and keep getting errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install a game and keep getting errors: Trying to install Forza Horizon 5 and I keep getting the error Code: 0x80070070 which is not enough space on my drive. It is trying to download it on my C drive which there is not enough room on but I want it on my D drive but it just keeps saying "Code: 0x80070070". I tried...
  9. Trying to install a game and keep getting errors

10. Getting BSOD when I try to install Logitech Gaming Software. Error Code: LGBusEnum.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSOD when I try to install Logitech Gaming Software. Error Code: LGBusEnum.sys: Hi everyone, As the title of my problem states I am getting the BSOD whenever I try to download the Logitech Gaming Software, I have contacted Logitech customer support directly and went through all their suggested tips to no avail. The tech support suggested I contact...