Windows 10: I keep getting Anonymous calls bearing my number, saying microsoft calling,my ip address is...

Discus and support I keep getting Anonymous calls bearing my number, saying microsoft calling,my ip address is... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting Anonymous calls bearing my number, saying microsoft calling my ip address is compromised. I have been getting 5 or 6 a day. now my name... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mrsbill, May 2, 2019.

1. mrsbill Win User

I keep getting Anonymous calls bearing my number, saying microsoft calling,my ip address is...

I keep getting Anonymous calls bearing my number, saying microsoft calling my ip address is compromised. I have been getting 5 or 6 a day. now my name and number appears on my phone. Same story. Any way to stop this.

:)

mrsbill, May 2, 2019

2. Microsoft phone call stating IP address compromised.

I've had numerous calls today claiming to be from Microsoft and saying that my IP address has been compromised by many countries. I believe the calls to be scams and have not pressed any buttons, I have just hung up. The number being shown on my caller
    ID is my personal phone number.

jimolafsonOlafson, May 2, 2019
  3. Phone calls about Microsoft IP address

I am getting a robo call claiming to be coming from Microsoft to update my IP address as my IP has been compromised. In 48 hours I will loose it. Sorry, but this smells. As the return phone number is my own with my own name. Is this from Microsoft and
    if so. What do I do to correct this problem.

LloydFradkin, May 2, 2019
  4. I keep getting Anonymous calls bearing my number, saying microsoft calling,my ip address is...

Call about my IP address. Told to call an 800 number.

I had a call from a Peter supposedly representing global tech solutions telling me that my IP address had been compromised. didn't give him any info but was asked to call back at *** *** ****xtn ***. Is he legit and what should I do

* Phone number deleted by Forum Moderator.

* Moved from Insider

* Original title: IP address

MargCorbett, May 2, 2019
Thema:

I keep getting Anonymous calls bearing my number, saying microsoft calling,my ip address is...

1. I keep getting Anonymous calls bearing my number, saying microsoft calling,my ip address is... - Similar Threads - keep getting Anonymous

2. I called the number when I got the pop-up saying my IP address has been used illegally... I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I called the number when I got the pop-up saying my IP address has been used illegally... I...: I got a popup on my computer saying my ip address has been illegally used and Microsoft has found spyware on my computer. I called the number and was on the phone for 2 hours with Microsoft support. They downloaded remote access software onto my computer and had me visit all...
  3. my computer says locked and to call a number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer says locked and to call a number: an error message of your computer is locked and to call a number * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-locked-and-to-call-a-number/0deb980e-c911-46c5-b915-e8dddd252b16
  4. my computer says locked and to call a number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer says locked and to call a number: an error message of your computer is locked and to call a number * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-locked-and-to-call-a-number/0deb980e-c911-46c5-b915-e8dddd252b16
  5. Calls regarding changing my IP address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Calls regarding changing my IP address: I am getting multiple calls from my own phone number with a recording saying it is Microsoft. The recording states that my IP address has been used in multiple countries and needs to be changed. Is this a scam?...
  6. IP address compromised per Microsoft call.

IP address compromised per Microsoft call.: I have received 3 telephone calls telling me my IP address has been compromised by several countries and will be shut down within 24/48 hours. They said press 1 to speak to a tech who would change my IP address....
  7. Anonymizing my ip address

Anonymizing my ip address: I have been working to improve my internet security for some time, and i have a pretty solid antivirus and antispyware program plus windows firewall enabled. The only thing left for me is to anonymize my ip adress. I really dont want to give away any information to a website....
  8. My own number keeps calling me saying it is Microsoft and my IP address has been corrupted...

My own number keeps calling me saying it is Microsoft and my IP address has been corrupted...: My own number keeps calling me saying it is Microsoft and my IP address has been corrupted and I need to hold for tech support. I hung up and it keeps calling. Is this legit?...
  9. IP address compromised per Microsoft call.

IP address compromised per Microsoft call.: I have received 2 telephone calls telling me my IP address has been compromised by several countries and will be shut down within 24/48 hours. They said press 1 to speak to a tech who would change my IP address. Is this a legitimate Microsoft telephone call?...
  10. Anonymous call revealing my identity

Anonymous call revealing my identity: I got a call and the person seems to know my name and location.They know I am using a Windows PC and threatened me that it gong to crash in half an hour. I am really concerned how Microsoft is failing to keep customers details....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone call from microsoft to change ip address

2. my number calling my phone

3. Would Microsoft call me by jphone?

4. my own number is calling me,
  5. microsoft calling my cell phone from my own phone,
  6. My own number keeps calling me saying it is Microsoft and my IP address has been corrupted...,
  7. will microsoft call me,
  8. call from my own number from microsoft,
  9. i received 6 phone calls from microsoft saying my ip address had been compromized. In the caller id window was my name and phone number,
  10. microsoft calls from own phone number,
  11. microsoft calls regarding ip address,
  12. robo call from katherine saying microsoft isp corrupt