Windows 10: I keep getting black screen when using the laptop.

Discus and support I keep getting black screen when using the laptop. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep getting black screen when using the laptop. I have tried multiple recommended steps such as checking the memory and chkdsk from the Run window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yasmine Sabry, Apr 14, 2024.

1. I keep getting black screen when using the laptop.

I keep getting black screen when using the laptop. I have tried multiple recommended steps such as checking the memory and chkdsk from the Run window with no impact or effect. May I get your support to fix this issue?

:)

Yasmine Sabry, Apr 14, 2024
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Apr 14, 2024
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 14, 2024
  4. I keep getting black screen when using the laptop.

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Apr 14, 2024
Thema:

I keep getting black screen when using the laptop.

1. I keep getting black screen when using the laptop. - Similar Threads - keep getting black

2. I keep getting black screen when using the laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting black screen when using the laptop.: I keep getting black screen when using the laptop. I have tried multiple recommended steps such as checking the memory and chkdsk from the Run window with no impact or effect. May I get your support to fix this issue?...
  3. Keep getting intermittent black screens when using Windows, goes black for a couple of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting intermittent black screens when using Windows, goes black for a couple of...: So I'm having an issue where my screen on my main and sometimes my other monitor at the same time will just go black for a few seconds then come back. It happens maybe once every 10 minutes. For some reason it never happens while I'm gaming. I can game for hours and it won't...
  4. Keep getting intermittent black screens when using Windows, goes black for a couple of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting intermittent black screens when using Windows, goes black for a couple of...: So I'm having an issue where my screen on my main and sometimes my other monitor at the same time will just go black for a few seconds then come back. It happens maybe once every 10 minutes. For some reason it never happens while I'm gaming. I can game for hours and it won't...
  5. Keep getting intermittent black screens when using Windows, goes black for a couple of...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. I keep getting black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting black screen: I get many black screens but every time the reason is different I Checked the event viewer and it seems most problems are error 141 or dwm.exe crashingbefore you say it- I updated my gpu driver- I switched my cablessome black screen events by screen viewer1. Fault bucket...
  7. I keep getting black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting black screen: I get many black screens but every time the reason is different I Checked the event viewer and it seems most problems are error 141 or dwm.exe crashingbefore you say it- I updated my gpu driver- I switched my cablessome black screen events by screen viewer1. Fault bucket...
  8. When i start my PC it keeps getting black screens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When i start my PC it keeps getting black screens.: Hello everyone i have a question today. Yesterday i opene my pc as usual and from some reason it froze, i reseted it from the case button then when i opened it again after some time it froze again and the second time i reset it i got put in the "repairing your pc" screen and...
  9. When i start my PC it keeps getting black screens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i start my PC it keeps getting black screens.: Hello everyone i have a question today. Yesterday i opene my pc as usual and from some reason it froze, i reseted it from the case button then when i opened it again after some time it froze again and the second time i reset it i got put in the "repairing your pc" screen and...
  10. i keep getting black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    i keep getting black screen: the last two times I have been getting a black screen it says to close other programs but I cant do it any ideas? 24339