Windows 10: I keep getting blue screens and system lock-ups/freezes when playing Overwatch 2. What do I do?

Discus and support I keep getting blue screens and system lock-ups/freezes when playing Overwatch 2. What do I do? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; -BSOD if it even displays, always involves "DPC_WATCHDOG".-These BSOD's started happening when I installed Overwatch 2-System always completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheLuckyGryphon, Oct 28, 2022.

1. I keep getting blue screens and system lock-ups/freezes when playing Overwatch 2. What do I do?

-BSOD if it even displays, always involves "DPC_WATCHDOG".-These BSOD's started happening when I installed Overwatch 2-System always completely locks-up, forcing me to hold the power button down to restart the computer.-I made a dump file, and can send it if that would help.

:)

TheLuckyGryphon, Oct 28, 2022

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 28, 2022
  3. freezing/BSOD 0x00000133 while opening overwatch and alttab play video

currently i try remove my WD BLUE 500Gb (game harddisk, PS: the harddisk is 4 years old) which have 2 partition,
    -partition 1 : 100GB disk which i used to use for my OS but no longer in use because it got bad sector on this partition
    -partition 2 : 300GB disk which i use to store my games include the overwatch

the reason i try to remove it to see if the harddisk is the one who actually cause it or not (all this time i think it imposible since i dont use the harddisk to load OS anymore, only use to load game)
    so i give it a try to remove the harddisk and move the overwatch game to my OS SSD to test it. so far no freeze / BSOD

for the voltage here is the image below

Attachment 117671Attachment 117672

quick update: yesterday i tried the overwatch (PS: game file is on my OS SSD and the old HDD is unplugged) and try to make it break like usual cause ( open overwatch and play a video on youtube / facebook)
    so actually i get 2 freezes (but doesnt BSOD) and both eventviewer said nvidia driver crash and recovered like usual.
    the first one happen when i already open overwatch on main menu and alt tab(switch) window to firefox browser to surf in facebook and it randomly freeze (no video playing in browser)
    the second one happen when overwatch already open on main menu and watching stream on twitch.tv and it freeze and recover from nvidia crash

after that i tried again open overwatch and watch stream twitch.tv but it didnt freeze/bsod for -+3 hours
    so apparently its pretty random

frozensolid, Oct 28, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

I keep getting blue screens and system lock-ups/freezes when playing Overwatch 2. What do I do?

Play Overwatch Free August 23-27 with Xbox Live Gold Xbox

Source: Play Overwatch for Free with Xbox Live Gold August 23 - 27 - Xbox Wire

Brink, Oct 28, 2022
Thema:

I keep getting blue screens and system lock-ups/freezes when playing Overwatch 2. What do I do?

1. I keep getting blue screens and system lock-ups/freezes when playing Overwatch 2. What do I do? - Similar Threads - keep getting blue

2. why do i keep getting blue screen when i play roblox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why do i keep getting blue screen when i play roblox: when i play roblox it freezes and caused a blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-keep-getting-blue-screen-when-i-play/4557021f-af24-4a60-8741-99244ad64dfd
  3. why do i keep getting blue screen when i play roblox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do i keep getting blue screen when i play roblox: when i play roblox it freezes and caused a blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-keep-getting-blue-screen-when-i-play/4557021f-af24-4a60-8741-99244ad64dfd
  4. why do i keep getting blue screen when i play roblox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. what to do i have blue screen when i play

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    what to do i have blue screen when i play: this is one of my blue screens and i have it in other games too plain helpWINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-i-have-blue-screen-when-i-play/6e817e85-cbf4-4de4-84da-8c2ad418a87c
  6. what to do i have blue screen when i play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what to do i have blue screen when i play: this is one of my blue screens and i have it in other games too plain helpWINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-i-have-blue-screen-when-i-play/6e817e85-cbf4-4de4-84da-8c2ad418a87c
  7. what to do i have blue screen when i play

8. I keep getting blue screens and system lock-ups/freezes when playing Overwatch 2. What do I do?

I keep getting blue screens and system lock-ups/freezes when playing Overwatch 2. What do I do?: -BSOD if it even displays, always involves "DPC_WATCHDOG".-These BSOD's started happening when I installed Overwatch 2-System always completely locks-up, forcing me to hold the power button down to restart the computer.-I made a dump file, and can send it if that would help....
  9. I keep getting blue screens and system lock-ups/freezes when playing Overwatch 2. What do I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I keep getting blue screens and system lock-ups/freezes when playing Overwatch 2. What do I do?: -BSOD if it even displays, always involves "DPC_WATCHDOG".-These BSOD's started happening when I installed Overwatch 2-System always completely locks-up, forcing me to hold the power button down to restart the computer.-I made a dump file, and can send it if that would help....
  10. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

BSOD When playing Overwatch 2: Hi there,I've been getting the BSOD with the label DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when playing Overwatch 2 frequently. I've searched it and some say it's a driver issue but I'm not sure.Here are the files:Dump FilesmsinfoThanks so much!...