Windows 10: I keep getting "Can't install updates" message

Discus and support I keep getting "Can't install updates" message in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I keep getting "Can't install updates. Select this message to fix." in the notifications window. I click on the message & then get the "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ev77, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Ev77 Win User

I keep getting "Can't install updates" message

I keep getting "Can't install updates. Select this message to fix." in the notifications window.
    I click on the message & then get the "Windows Update" screen whereupon I get:
    Update Status:
    Updates are available
    HP driver update for HP LaserJet Professional CP1520 Series PCL 6
    We need to start a separate installation .....

Then click on Install Now and immediately get Device is up to date

Then I Click on: Check for Updates
    I Get: Checking for updates for a long time. Occasionally this "Checking ..." message is replaced by something else for a moment & then "Checking ..." comes right back.
    Finally I get: "Your device is up to date"

This whole procedure (including the same driver update message) repeats every few days. The driver is not actually installed according to the list of installed updates.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Many thanks for any help.

:)

2. I am getting a error message " press ok and remove memory card" every 5 seconds,

try removing the battery and card for ten mins

techbuzzireland, Mar 12, 2018
  3. kar4887 Win User
    I am getting a error message " press ok and remove memory card" every 5 seconds,

I am getting a error message " press ok and remove memory card" every 5 seconds, i even hard reset my phone, still i am getting it even after formating he card also.

Is it the problem with phone or card?

kar4887, Mar 12, 2018
  4. I keep getting "Can't install updates" message

Hi Ev77

I see two routes away from this.

1) Tell Windows you will take care of driver updates. Option 4 of this tutorial.

Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10

2) Go to HP and download and install the most recent driver / software package for your device. If you go this route remove old software first and shut off printer until the new installation package asks you for printer.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 12, 2018
Thema:

I keep getting "Can't install updates" message

1. I keep getting "Can't install updates" message - Similar Threads - keep getting Can't

2. Keep getting Windows update error message 'Install error - 0x80070103'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting Windows update error message 'Install error - 0x80070103': Trying to update - intelliGo - Extension - 100.1.4.1375.This is the sequence - Retry, Downloading, Installing 0%, Retry.It takes about one second from Retry to Retry....
  3. I keep getting the same pop up message: The install of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting the same pop up message: The install of...: I keep getting the same pop up message: The install of C:\Users\marip\AppData\Local\Temp\utt1D22.tmp failed. Signer certificate mismatch how do I stop this??...
  4. I keep getting the same pop up message: The install of...

I keep getting the same pop up message: The install of...: I keep getting the same pop up message: The install of C:\Users\marip\AppData\Local\Temp\utt1D22.tmp failed. Signer certificate mismatch how do I stop this??...
  5. I keep getting install error messages when installing programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting install error messages when installing programs.: I keep getting the error message please finish other downloads before installing this one. And I do not have any other downloads installing. This happens when I try to install any program....
  6. I keep getting install error messages when installing programs.

I keep getting install error messages when installing programs.: I keep getting the error message please finish other downloads before installing this one. And I do not have any other downloads installing. This happens when I try to install any program....
  7. I keep getting install error messages when installing programs.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Keep getting this message..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting this message..: [ATTACH] The only thing thats really changed with my computer since yesterday is Windows 10 updates. That's it. Please help me with this. This is the first time its done this....
  9. I keep getting "Not responding" messages.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I keep getting "Not responding" messages.: I doesn't matter what I'm doing, I get a lot of "not responding" messages. I have 6Gb of ram and masses of disk space. I have just looked at some photos in Photo Viewer and tried to "Open With", but I get "not responding". I wait for a length of time and eventually get "Do...
  10. Keep getting message "Updates Installed"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Keep getting message "Updates Installed": I got a crazy alert! virus! blah blah and the damned computer was screaming at me. I tried to close it down, but I was on the phone and didn't have time to fool with it so I hit the power button. When rebooting I hit f6 to boot to safe mode. Interestingly it stated,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent Windows message Cant install updates message

2. why do i keep getting cant install updates