Windows 10: I keep getting constant notifications from Defender telling me that antivirus is off even...

Discus and support I keep getting constant notifications from Defender telling me that antivirus is off even... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sopranofever [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sopranofever, Nov 1, 2020.

1. I keep getting constant notifications from Defender telling me that antivirus is off even...

/u/sopranofever, Nov 1, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 1, 2020
  3. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Bug: Notifications Remnants & Defender Off After Antivirus Uninstall

This seems like a bug or, at least, messy leftovers.

I uninstalled Bitdefender Antivirus but it is still showing up in the list of apps to show notifications for.

I keep getting constant notifications from Defender telling me that antivirus is off even... [​IMG]

The Windows Defender services have not started back up either and the settings page is greyed out.

I keep getting constant notifications from Defender telling me that antivirus is off even... [​IMG]

I'm not worried about Windows Defender, I expect I can get it running if I wanted to, just thought I'd point this out.

I would like to get rid of Bitdefender in the notifications list though. Anyone know of a safe registry hack for this?

4. afornal Win User

I keep getting constant notifications from Defender telling me that antivirus is off even...

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

I keep getting constant notifications from Defender telling me that antivirus is off even...

1. I keep getting constant notifications from Defender telling me that antivirus is off even... - Similar Threads - keep getting constant

2. my windows defender keep telling me that a malware is detected even though i deleted all...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my windows defender keep telling me that a malware is detected even though i deleted all...: my windows defender keep telling me that a malware is detected even though i deleted all the malware file and its directory and i tried malwarebytes and AVG it tels that there is no malware and when i select delete the malware with windows defender it did not do anything so...
  3. what do I keep getting messages from Microsoft telling me that the defender app is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do I keep getting messages from Microsoft telling me that the defender app is off: I have a problem wlith messages being sent from Microsoft telling me that defender is off I checked defender and it is on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-keep-getting-messages-from-microsoft/49136a03-5e58-4f03-9992-d5fe16d822bd
  4. what do I keep getting messages from Microsoft telling me that the defender app is off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what do I keep getting messages from Microsoft telling me that the defender app is off: I have a problem wlith messages being sent from Microsoft telling me that defender is off I checked defender and it is on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-keep-getting-messages-from-microsoft/49136a03-5e58-4f03-9992-d5fe16d822bd
  5. I keep getting a notification sound even after notifications have been turned off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I keep getting a notification sound even after notifications have been turned off: Hi I keep getting a notification sounds even when I mute the volume, I have disabled all the notifications from my windows, but nothing seems to work! please can you help!...
  6. Windows Defender keeps telling me I have a virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender keeps telling me I have a virus: I've downloaded a file which turned out to have a virus. I've removed it manually, but Windows Defender keeps telling me that there is a malicious file present, despite the file no longer existing. I've did a deep ESET and Norton scan that found nothing, but Windows Defender...
  7. This notification constantly shows up telling me to connect my smartphone, even though I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This notification constantly shows up telling me to connect my smartphone, even though I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/relativokay [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/in5x0z/this_notification_constantly_shows_up_telling_me/
  8. GET ME OFF AND Turn off notifications for post

in Windows 10 Customization
    GET ME OFF AND Turn off notifications for post: GWT ME OFF FACEBOOK AND TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-me-off-and-turn-off-notifications-for-post/2c6ebc0b-f5fc-474b-8e64-a9cac77a8666
  9. Getting constant "check antivirus notifications" despite AV being on

Getting constant "check antivirus notifications" despite AV being on: Since installing the Anniversary update i've been getting these annoying notifications. I run Avast which has all of its components on. I have a big green checkmark with the "You are protected" indicating everything is running. I also turned on "Limited periodic scanning" for...
  10. Bug: Notifications Remnants & Defender Off After Antivirus Uninstall

Bug: Notifications Remnants & Defender Off After Antivirus Uninstall: This seems like a bug or, at least, messy leftovers. I uninstalled Bitdefender Antivirus but it is still showing up in the list of apps to show notifications for. [img] The Windows Defender services have not started back up either and the settings page is greyed...