Windows 10: I keep getting error -1073741515, Cannot open settings, etc.

Discus and support I keep getting error -1073741515, Cannot open settings, etc. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Those of the above are just a few, i cannot use the search bar, open settings, use cmd, open any games or .exe files nor use administrator features. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tunturi_mies, Mar 5, 2021.

1. I keep getting error -1073741515, Cannot open settings, etc.

Those of the above are just a few, i cannot use the search bar, open settings, use cmd, open any games or .exe files nor use administrator features.

I have searched for that error code and found answers, but i could not use them since i cannot install anything or use settings. Also i cannot use system reset in startup. Thanks in advance

:)

Tunturi_mies, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Ian Neill Win User

Windows 10 latest update - lost Administrator functions - error message File System Error (-1073741515)

Hi Reil Alec,,

Thank you for your reply, I have followed the instructions in the Thread, but can not get past step 2

• Click Start.
    • Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with admin rights).
    When I type in cmd and press the CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER keys I get the error message

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

File System Error (-1073741515)

Any further advice would be appreciated on how to fix this problem?

I have checked for any waiting updates to windows, and nothing is pending

Regards

Ian Neill, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 latest update - lost Administrator functions - error message File System Error (-1073741515)

Since the previous troubleshooting steps didn't work, we suggest performing a System Restore. This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. To do so, please check this
    article.

Note: Follow the steps under Restore from a system restore point.

Keep us posted.

Riel Alc, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Redheads Win User

I keep getting error -1073741515, Cannot open settings, etc.

I am getting this file system error (-1073741515) and unable to run any downloaded exe files.

I've had the same problems. What started this for us: Windows Firewall was up in one location, and when we got home, it didn't seem to want to work. The problem might have started before, but that's what alerted us to investigate. I've tried the Command
    Prompt, but I'm getting the File System Error 1073741515 code even for that. I tried checking for updates, but it says that there was an error with code 0x80244022. The 1073741515 keeps coming up when I try any kind of scans. Any further suggestions?

Redheads, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

I keep getting error -1073741515, Cannot open settings, etc.

1. I keep getting error -1073741515, Cannot open settings, etc. - Similar Threads - keep getting error

2. I cant open start windows, settings, etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant open start windows, settings, etc: when i try sfc/ scannow theres the result Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline...
  3. Cannot open setting, search, network adapter etc... Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open setting, search, network adapter etc... Windows 10: Hi,A few days ago, my colleague's desktop Windows 10 22H2, is not working well. It cannot network log into our domain anymore network logon service was not startedI use the local administrator account and it does work, but some applications do not work.Do not see network...
  4. Cannot open setting, search, network adapter etc... Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open setting, search, network adapter etc... Windows 10: Hi,A few days ago, my colleague's desktop Windows 10 22H2, is not working well. It cannot network log into our domain anymore network logon service was not startedI use the local administrator account and it does work, but some applications do not work.Do not see network...
  5. Cannot open setting, search, network adapter etc... Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. error del sistema -1073741515

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    error del sistema -1073741515: No puedo descargar ninguna aplicación y ejecutarla, NO puedo hacer el update de Windows por que me aparece que la acción no puede ser ejecutada y se borra el proceso , de echo cuando trato de abrir alguna aplicación o algún comando o algo para ponerlo como administrador...
  7. File system error -1073741515

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File system error -1073741515: My network workstation Windows 10 Pro is functioning for the most part, but running any local executable file returns "File system error -1073741515". Additionally, even though I am logged in as Admin, system will not recognize Admin privileges; therefore, I cannot run any...
  8. i cannot get my settings tab to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cannot get my settings tab to open: when i hit the settings tab it flashes for a second and the disappears and i dont know how to fix the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-my-settings-tab-to-open/17b87704-e209-4d59-a007-fa5d0df78b44
  9. File System Error -1073741515

File System Error -1073741515: Hello I'm having This issue all the time, When ever I try to do this 1. Downloading or uninstall a App like Discord and then The Same message comes up 2. Trying to Open my Profile File 3. I even tried to wipe it fresh or recovery it and File System Error -1073741515 4....
  10. File system error (-1073741515)

File system error (-1073741515): please i got this message (File system error (-1073741515). )when i want install software on my pc..then i search this error on internet..there is minim solution for this error please help me...the error goes too far 1. I cant using my widows 10 search bar 2. I cant install...