Windows 10: I keep getting "Error 1325. Microsoft.VC90.CRT is not a valid short file name." when I try...

Discus and support I keep getting "Error 1325. Microsoft.VC90.CRT is not a valid short file name." when I try... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Again, How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by XanderStark, Feb 14, 2020 at 7:02 AM.

1. I keep getting "Error 1325. Microsoft.VC90.CRT is not a valid short file name." when I try...

Again, How can I fix this?

:)

2. Getting Error 1325 xxxxx.xxxxx not a valid file name -software must be installed on a harddrive

Hi Greg,

I've tried both the safe mode and the compatibility checker. The error message is the same. Error 1325: The Folder "annie.altenhofe" is not valid. Note that Quickbooks can only be installed on a hard drive.

Any additional advice?

AnnieAltenhofen, Feb 14, 2020 at 7:03 AM
  3. Getting Error 1325 xxxxx.xxxxx not a valid file name -software must be installed on a harddrive

Hey there - yup - these are the instructions which imply that it will actually install. It won't. These are the steps that would lead you to the error and then their troubleshooting gives no indication that 1325 even hits their radar. I spent over 2 hours
    on the phone with them yesterday to get the whole - call Microsoft - it's their issue. AND, we tried a limited start up, safe start up, run as admin, etc.

AnnieAltenhofen, Feb 14, 2020 at 7:03 AM
  4. shestad Win User

I keep getting "Error 1325. Microsoft.VC90.CRT is not a valid short file name." when I try...

'Documents' is not a valid short file name

I am running Windows 10 and have an error pop up I do not know how to handle.

It started when I tried updating software I've run on Windows for years (EnergyPro). I am receiving the error:

'Documents' is not a valid short file name

I've tried uninstalling the program to maybe try a clean install but am receiving the same rejection.

Please advise.

Thema:

I keep getting "Error 1325. Microsoft.VC90.CRT is not a valid short file name." when I try...

1. I keep getting "Error 1325. Microsoft.VC90.CRT is not a valid short file name." when I try... - Similar Threads - keep getting Error

2. When I'm trying to extract some MIDI files, I get an error..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I'm trying to extract some MIDI files, I get an error..: So, I've downloaded a giant pack of MIDI files, but when I try and extract them, some of the files throw an error saying "Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect." when I'm extracting them. Please help.....
  3. I just bought a flash drive but when i try to save a file to it, I get a permission error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I just bought a flash drive but when i try to save a file to it, I get a permission error: I just bought a flash drive but when i try to save a file to it, I get a permission error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-a-flash-drive-but-when-i-try-to-save/c6586707-196e-44fa-8d99-d9b75a53a584"
  4. Why am I getting "Unable to Verify Validity of the file when I try to download Gameroom?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why am I getting "Unable to Verify Validity of the file when I try to download Gameroom?: That is the Question, but I am pretty sure I already know the answer, because it has happened before, but the only way it can be fixed is by Microsoft. Last time it happened it was after an Update was installed. Now this time the Update was installing Office 365, which I...
  5. I keep getting an error when trying to install a software game into my computer Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I keep getting an error when trying to install a software game into my computer Microsoft...: Every time I tried to install the Software I keep getting an Error message :1722 and it shows my windows installer has been failed. >>error message:1603 is a fatal in installation of the software....
  6. I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game: I don't know exactly how to ask this but is there any way to get this game to work? It is specifically skyrim se from steam. When installed I keep getting these 3 error messages. I tried googling what theyre from and I thought it had something to do with dirext x so I tried...
  7. I keep getting the BSOD when I try and run some programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I keep getting the BSOD when I try and run some programs: The stop code is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION What failed is : asmtxhci.sys Please help! 126609
  8. I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try...: I go to https://www.entropiauniverse.com/download/ and try to install the game. I get a window that says Could not determine a temp directory name. Try running setup.exe /t:<Path> I have try many things and all have failed. I have went to...
  9. when I try and use microsoft store i get error 0x800704C7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    when I try and use microsoft store i get error 0x800704C7: 0x800704C7 when I try and use microsoft store. It says I am not on line, but I am. It also states my internet is down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-and-use-microsoft-store-i-get-error/15d1906b-2de1-46d9-a1ba-1838f2206c86
  10. When trying to install desktop programs, I get a 'file system error'

in Windows 10 Support
    When trying to install desktop programs, I get a 'file system error': Hello everyone, after I installed Build 10158, I realized that I couldn't install any desktop programs. I get the 'File system error (-1073741819)' error after I enter UAC. So I'm supposing this has something to do with UAC..? EDIT: Managed to spam UAC and disable it...