Windows 10: I keep getting icons instead of thumnails

Discus and support I keep getting icons instead of thumnails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version 1903 I keep getting icons instead of thumnails i have tried loads of things to het them back but to no avail there must be a way to get them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by keithy333, Dec 17, 2019.

1. keithy333 Win User

I keep getting icons instead of thumnails

Version 1903
    I keep getting icons instead of thumnails i have tried loads of things to het them back but to no avail there must be a way to get them back please help.

:)

keithy333, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 photo thumbnail preview not working - getting generic icons showing up instead - Need help please

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if that helps.

• Open This PC on Taskbar.
    • Click or Tap on Pictures folder.
    • Click on View.
    • Click or tap on Options and select Change folder and Search options.
    • Click on View and uncheck Always show icons, Never thumbnails.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 17, 2019
  4. I keep getting icons instead of thumnails

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

I keep getting icons instead of thumnails

1. I keep getting icons instead of thumnails - Similar Threads - keep getting icons

2. How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon: I am having trouble seeing my pictures on my computer. all i see is the photo icon. not the picture itself, I don't know when this started but it has been plaguing me for quite a while. Can anyone help me as i am getting frustrated in fixing this problem. I want to see my...
  3. How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon: I am having trouble seeing my pictures on my computer. all i see is the photo icon. not the picture itself, I don't know when this started but it has been plaguing me for quite a while. Can anyone help me as i am getting frustrated in fixing this problem. I want to see my...
  4. how do I get my pictures to show up instead of icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get my pictures to show up instead of icons?: My pictures are showing up as blue icons, how do I get them to show as pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-pictures-to-show-up-instead-of/07966bbf-0630-401b-8c71-f9ebf087913f
  5. how do I get my pictures to show up instead of icons?

how do I get my pictures to show up instead of icons?: My pictures are showing up as blue icons, how do I get them to show as pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-pictures-to-show-up-instead-of/07966bbf-0630-401b-8c71-f9ebf087913f
  6. Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off: My Taskbar Icons "used to be SysTray Icons" keep getting "Hidden" even though I turn them on. After a week or so, they get turned back off. Very annoying and there used to be a way to turn them ALL on prior to Windows 11 and now they're managed individually. The icons that I...
  7. Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off

Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off: My Taskbar Icons "used to be SysTray Icons" keep getting "Hidden" even though I turn them on. After a week or so, they get turned back off. Very annoying and there used to be a way to turn them ALL on prior to Windows 11 and now they're managed individually. The icons that I...
  8. How to delete thumnail tab edge chromium in "explorer icon" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete thumnail tab edge chromium in "explorer icon" ?: Hello, Since I upgraded to the 20H2 version (19042.572) I realized that there was something strange. Edge Chromium browser tabs appear in the thumbnail of the Windows Explorer icon. [ATTACH] Is there an option to disable this feature? Thank you. :) 167225
  9. How to completely delete thumnail cache ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to completely delete thumnail cache ?: My thumnail cache seem like corrupted and auto appear on other folder even i deleted the original image. I have use the Disk Cleanup method but some of them still comeback after reset . Also i don't want to disable Show thumnail in Folder Option but this is getting worse cuz...
  10. Cortana icon is the search icon instead of the circle...

Cortana icon is the search icon instead of the circle...: Weird issue here... I installed Windows’s 10 18290 on 2 of my laptops from a fresh iso...and instead of the cortana icon being the circle it’s the search icon? And cortana is activated working like normal. On my laptop it’s the circle cortana icon. Weird.. I tried disabling...