Windows 10: I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game

Discus and support I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't know exactly how to ask this but is there any way to get this game to work? It is specifically skyrim se from steam. When installed I keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by shamenspace, Jun 25, 2019.

1. I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game

I don't know exactly how to ask this but is there any way to get this game to work? It is specifically skyrim se from steam. When installed I keep getting these 3 error messages. I tried googling what theyre from and I thought it had something to do with dirext x so I tried reinstalling that and I'm just getting more error messages I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game :(

I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game b8540e05-2dfd-4d44-86f1-4ebaacbcf53a?upload=true.png

I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game a639874b-a0a4-4d52-9b42-ccdf438d0122?upload=true.png

I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game 2b4a206f-41cb-4839-90b7-71339e87539f?upload=true.png

:)

shamenspace, Jun 25, 2019

2. Trying to launch game, receiving error code: 0xc000007b

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you are getting this error code: 0xc000007b when launching a game. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing the issue with your other games?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, kindly refer to the link below:

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 25, 2019
  4. I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game

Getting Error: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file, While Launching Games.

Hi Christopher Lasalle,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. What all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to fix this issue?
    3. Are you getting this error message for all the games or for a particular game?
    4. Have you installed any antivirus software except Windows Defender?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if you are getting the same error message.

Method 1:
    Launching The Game In Administrator Mode.

I suggest you to directly launch any game in Administrator Mode by
    right clicking on the game and clicking on Run As Administrator and see if you are able to launch the game.

If launching the game in Administrator Mode gives you the same error, then try
    Method 2 and check.

Method 2:
    Performing A Clean Boot.

To check if any third-party application is causing this issue, I suggest you to put your computer in a
    Clean Boot State and once your computer is in Clean Boot, try
    to launch the games that you were not able to launch and check if you are still getting the same error message.

Note: A Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may
    temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

You can follow the section How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot from the above Clean Boot article to check what is causing this issue.

If the Clean Boot works, then don't forget to place the computer to normal boot by going to
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting section in the Clean Boot link.

Method 3:
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file" error
    when you try to install, update or start a program or file
    and check if you are getting the same error while launching the game.

Note: In the above article, the 6th Method is to disable antivirus software and by doing so may make your PC vulnerable to viral, fraudulent, or malicious attacks.
    Microsoft does not recommend that you disable your antivirus software or change the settings.
    If you have to temporarily disable your antivirus software, you should re-enable it as soon as you are done. Use this workaround at your own risk.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after performing the above troubleshooting steps, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game

1. I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game - Similar Threads - keep getting Internal

2. Whenever I try to launch a game of FortniteI get an error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I try to launch a game of FortniteI get an error.: Whenever I launch a game of Fortnite I get an error message that reads that says "FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe - Bad Image Fortnite : FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe - Bad Image is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  3. Whenever I try to launch a game of FortniteI get an error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I try to launch a game of FortniteI get an error.: Whenever I launch a game of Fortnite I get an error message that reads that says "FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe - Bad Image Fortnite : FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe - Bad Image is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  4. I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11: I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-an-error-message-when-playing-games/6f07cbb8-314f-4d83-97bb-a89999a7c4df
  5. I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11

I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11: I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-an-error-message-when-playing-games/6f07cbb8-314f-4d83-97bb-a89999a7c4df
  6. Computer keeps restarting when trying to launch a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps restarting when trying to launch a game: I've tried everything i can think of to fix this issue but nothing has worked. Looking in the event log i think that the issue is caused by this error codeThe application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with...
  7. Computer keeps restarting when trying to launch a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps restarting when trying to launch a game: I've tried everything i can think of to fix this issue but nothing has worked. Looking in the event log i think that the issue is caused by this error codeThe application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with...
  8. Computer keeps restarting when trying to launch a game

9. Keep getting error message when trying to do a video

Keep getting error message when trying to do a video: Keep getting error message when trying to do a video. message is cant create video failure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-error-message-when-trying-to-do-a/a8064247-884c-45eb-9ffb-57ddb31f1bf1
  10. I get this error message when i try to launch Red Dead Redemption 2.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I get this error message when i try to launch Red Dead Redemption 2.: Fault bucket 1901262067524964086, type 5 Event Name: BEX64 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: Launcher.exe_Rockstar Games Launcher P2: 1.0.20.241 P3: 5e8f3bfb P4: StackHash_f3ba P5: 0.0.0.0 P6: 00000000 P7: PCH_4F_FROM_unknown+0x0000000000000000 P8:...