Windows 10: I keep getting logged into a temporary account

Discus and support I keep getting logged into a temporary account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer has kept logging me into a temporary account and I can't access my actual account, I've tried searching it up but nothing made any sense... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jackson Blyth, Feb 3, 2023.

1. I keep getting logged into a temporary account

My computer has kept logging me into a temporary account and I can't access my actual account, I've tried searching it up but nothing made any sense and I really want my account back without factory resetting it

:)

Jackson Blyth, Feb 3, 2023

2. PC is logging in to temporary profile

Hi Shayna,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with temporary profile on your PC, and I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing troubleshooting steps.

I would suggest you to refer the
    suggestions
    provided by me replied on May 24, 2019 and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 3, 2023
  3. temporary account

I was logged into a temporary account quite a while ago and I was able to get out of it but I was presently logged back in so I followed all of the steps I was given and got out of it again and this time I made sure
    that everything was updated (google, windows etc.) but I've been put back into it for a third time now and I would like to know what's going on and why I'm being logged back into a temporary account.

gethinmorgan, Feb 3, 2023
  4. I keep getting logged into a temporary account

How to change temporary account to permanent account in Windows 10.

Hello Joan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What do you mean by “temporary profile”?

• Are you logged into a temporary user profile?

If you are logged in into a temporary profile, I suggest you to reboot the PC and check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

• Open Elevated command prompt by entering
      Safe mode with Command prompt. To go to safe mode, use the power button on the sign-in screen and press
      Shift + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu. Click
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup settings.
      You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode with Command prompt.

• Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes

• Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges.

• Delete the corrupted user account from the built in administrator.

• Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L, and sign-in at the
      Administrator account.

• Check if the issue persist and you can disable built in administrator account by typing the command:
      net user administrator /active:no
      in the Command prompt (Admin).

Step 2: To create a new user account
    follow the steps below:

• Open Elevated command prompt by right clicking on the
      Start icon and select Command prompt (Admin).

• Type net user NewAccount password /add
      and click Enter.

• Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click
      Enter.

• Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

You can also refer to the Set up accounts on
    Windows 10.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

I keep getting logged into a temporary account

1. I keep getting logged into a temporary account - Similar Threads - keep getting logged

2. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts: hi today my little brothers computer decided to log in a temporary account, and a pop u appeared saying if I sign out and sign back in it will be fixed, ive tried that about a dozen times, i already tried a method listed here...
  3. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts: hi today my little brothers computer decided to log in a temporary account, and a pop u appeared saying if I sign out and sign back in it will be fixed, ive tried that about a dozen times, i already tried a method listed here...
  4. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I keep getting logged into a temporary account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting logged into a temporary account: My computer has kept logging me into a temporary account and I can't access my actual account, I've tried searching it up but nothing made any sense and I really want my account back without factory resetting it...
  6. Windows keeps logging into a temporary account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keeps logging into a temporary account.: So one morning I booted the PC and everything on my desktop was gona except default icons. It said something like "You have been logged temporary account." I can't seem to fix it I tried deleting the profile in the registry that didn't fix the problem. I have window installed...
  7. Keep on logging on temporary profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keep on logging on temporary profile: I just bought a laptop, then a windows update pops up and whenever I tried installing it it gets stucked on a loading windows screen, so I looked into some troubleshoots for this problem, until I came across to a suggestion to delete my previous windows files which is in the...
  8. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts: When I started my computer today morning, I was signed into a temporary account as it was apparently not able to sign me in. I have got a prompt telling me if I sign out and sign back in it will be fixed. But after multiple restarts the problem persists. I have also gotten a...
  9. How do i log into my admin account and log off the temporary account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i log into my admin account and log off the temporary account?: because my computer syncing isn't working and my files are stuck on my admin account. and not easily accessible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-log-into-my-admin-account-and-log-off-the/88366e4c-90f0-471a-879b-4e927976f5af
  10. Logged in with temporary account & Microsoft App store

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logged in with temporary account & Microsoft App store: Hi, 1. This is a child account & whenever I sign in I receive the message that its logged in with a temporary account. it asks me to sign out and sign in again to fix the issue but it does not. The adults' account seems to be fine with no problems. 2. The Microsoft store...