Windows 10: I keep getting popups saying I must activate Windows 10 Pro or my license will expire

Discus and support I keep getting popups saying I must activate Windows 10 Pro or my license will expire in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My laptop is secondhand. It was custom assembled by a PC shop for the original owner. I reached out to the original owner, but he does not have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Betty JKC, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Betty JKC Win User

I keep getting popups saying I must activate Windows 10 Pro or my license will expire

My laptop is secondhand. It was custom assembled by a PC shop for the original owner. I reached out to the original owner, but he does not have any product keys. I'm stuck!

Upon others' advice, I entered the generic key for Windows 10 Pro from this link: https://winaero.com/blog/generic-key-to-install-windows/ . However, this error appeared: "Unable to activate Windows. We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key...."

I then tried the generic key for Windows 10 Home and got this message: "The product key you entered didn't work...."

So I went to Powershell and searched BIOS for the product key. I attempted to activate Windows using the resultant key. Again, Windows rejected it, saying, "The product key you entered didn't work...."

Can anyone help? Here's the screenshot:

I keep getting popups saying I must activate Windows 10 Pro or my license will expire beb606e2-b68c-4a67-a5e9-05fe0acb0e74?upload=true.jpg

Thank you!
    Betty

:)

Betty JKC, Jan 3, 2019

2. windows 10 pro to windows education then activation expires

We have a windows 10 pro in our pc, then after an automatic update it was upgraded to windows education and a pop up says that our windows license is about to expire, so we activate it again using windows 10 pro activation key, then the windows edition
    goes back to Windows 10 pro but is not activated, It says cant activate because we dont have a digital license or product key. Error code:0xC004C003. We follow some trouble shooting steps in command promt but still same result. We have a CD and COA sticker.

Emberprints, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Jacamoe Win User
    Windows 10 license will expire soon popup?

So, I've had my Surface Pro 4 for a few months now. I got it used, but it's new enough that there's still almost a year left on the original warranty. And so yesterday, I start getting the "Your windows license will expire soon..." I don't understand,
    when I go to my system overview, it says that my Windows 10 is activated, but the window saying my license will expire keeps popping up. The only thing I know is that my version of Windows 10 is Enterprise, I don't know if that makes a difference. I don't
    know if it came with it or if it was something installed by the previous owner, that didn't get removed when the Surface Pro was factory reset. Either way, I need any help that I can get, please.

Jacamoe, Jan 3, 2019
  4. (George) Win User

I keep getting popups saying I must activate Windows 10 Pro or my license will expire

Windows 10 License expiration

Hi, i used to have windows 7 but upgraded it for free to windows 10. Now im starting to get a popup that says: "Your windows license will expire soon. You need to activate windows in settings". What should i do to fix this?

(George), Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. I keep getting popups saying I must activate Windows 10 Pro or my license will expire - Similar Threads - keep getting popups

2. I keep getting a message saying my windows license will expire soon. I already have an...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I keep getting a message saying my windows license will expire soon. I already have an...: Hi.I already have a licensed and activated copy of Windows 10 running on my machine. But I keep getting a message saying that Windows' license will expire soon. Please help! Thanks!...
  3. I keep getting a message saying my windows license will expire soon. I already have an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting a message saying my windows license will expire soon. I already have an...: Hi.I already have a licensed and activated copy of Windows 10 running on my machine. But I keep getting a message saying that Windows' license will expire soon. Please help! Thanks!...
  4. I keep getting a message saying my windows license will expire soon. I already have an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. just updated and now it says windows will expire and i must activate, but I can't activate

just updated and now it says windows will expire and i must activate, but I can't activate: just updated and now it says windows will expire and i must activate, but I can't activate Everything was fine for months, windows was activated. My calendar reminders stopped working so I did a windows update, now it says windows will expire soon...
  6. I keep getting a notification which says "Your windows license is expiring"

I keep getting a notification which says "Your windows license is expiring": Ok,after researching through the internet,I followed these steps Right click Start>Command Prompt-Admin and type in the following command: slmgr.vbs /dlv I found that my product key is volume gvlk So what should I do now? should I contact support? who then? I...
  7. I keep on getting a pop up saying that my windows license will expire soon.

I keep on getting a pop up saying that my windows license will expire soon.: What does this mean? I went into settings and clicked on "Change product key" . It told me to enter my product key, (I used ProduKey, for I purchased my laptop on Kijiji) and then it gave me an error code: 0xc004f074. What does this mean?...
  8. I keep getting license has expired notices

I keep getting license has expired notices: Is there a solution for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-license-has-expired-notices/2b385072-8cb3-4039-9a7b-27f5a9932237"
  9. After a clean install of Windows 10, I still get a popup saying I must activate license or...

After a clean install of Windows 10, I still get a popup saying I must activate license or...: Hello all -- I have a second-hand laptop that was running Windows 10 Pro just fine. Apparently this operating system was installed under a volume license by a computer shop. Everything worked great until recently. Now I get a popup telling me I must activate the license or...
  10. Windows 10 Pro is activated, but I keep getting popups saying I have to activate it or my...

Windows 10 Pro is activated, but I keep getting popups saying I have to activate it or my...: I purchased my laptop second hand. The previous owner does not have the product key for Windows 10 Pro nor can he obtain any license numbers from the company who sold it to him. I went to command prompt and entered: wmic path softwarelicensingservice get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does it keep saying windows will exspire

2. windows 10 keeps saying password expire

3. I keep getting a message saying activate windows lisence

4. i keep getting my windows 10 licence is about to expire,
  5. my pc keeps saying activation will expire,
  6. widows pro 10 expire keep popping up,
  7. why do i get a pop up saying my windows licence is expiring ,
  8. I tried to activate my windows but it keeps saying my version cannot be activated