Windows 10: I keep getting the BSOD error code of CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, the computer would freeze up,...

Discus and support I keep getting the BSOD error code of CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, the computer would freeze up,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I just started having this issue for a week now. My troubleshooting steps were to switch out the ram for a different one, that didn't work. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jennyn02, Mar 20, 2023.

1. jennyn02 Win User

I keep getting the BSOD error code of CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, the computer would freeze up,...

So I just started having this issue for a week now. My troubleshooting steps were to switch out the ram for a different one, that didn't work. This computer doesn't have much files than a couple of games because it is a budget build to do homework, I decided to do a clean Windows 11 install but still the same error would appear. I do not know what to do next.My computer specs:CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 ProcessorMotherboard: B450M DS3H-CFRam: G.Skill 16GB 2 x 8gb Aegis DDR4 3200MHzGPU: Geforce GTX 960Please help, this is the only computer I have to do any school work. Thank you!filesAlso above is the

:)

jennyn02, Mar 20, 2023

2. BSOD Clock_WatchDog_Timeout

Hi

I have been receiving the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD even after I installed a fresh Windows 10 Pro. I usually get this error when I do nothing and it just freezes by itself which seems peculiar. I even followed these steps as described in this link (Redirecting) and it didn't work out.

I have uploaded the MiniDump file (find out the below link).

052722-6796-01.dmp

And here is the analysis of the memory dump file using WinDebug:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Any suggestions?

Yashar K.Shahrokhi, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Freezing and BSOD Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

Hello,

I just built a new PC and am having difficulties with Freezing and BSOD Clock_Watchdog_Timeout error. This seems to happen regardless of what I am doing (Playing video games to surfing the web to streaming music via Spotify). I have followed the steps of
    a previous recommended Microsoft wiki and collected the following data. I collected the Minidump files and the system specs via MSInfo. Below is the link to that.

MOBO: Asrock Fatal1ty AB350 GAmin-ITX/ac

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200

Graphics Card: Gforce 770

RAM: 16GB installed PNY DDR4 Anarchy 2400MHz

Operating system: Win 10 Home

Link to Google Drive for files

FISHWishkid53, Mar 20, 2023
  4. axe0 Win User

I keep getting the BSOD error code of CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, the computer would freeze up,...

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

I keep getting the BSOD error code of CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, the computer would freeze up,... [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

Thema:

1. I keep getting the BSOD error code of CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, the computer would freeze up,... - Similar Threads - keep getting BSOD

2. Computer keeps Freezing/BSOD with different codes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps Freezing/BSOD with different codes.: First off I want to thank you for your time and assistance. For months I've been dealing with my comp crashing maybe once a day and it was annoying but I could deal with it. Here lately it has been crashing multiple times within a couple hours and still getting different BSOD...
  3. Computer keeps Freezing/BSOD with different codes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps Freezing/BSOD with different codes.: First off I want to thank you for your time and assistance. For months I've been dealing with my comp crashing maybe once a day and it was annoying but I could deal with it. Here lately it has been crashing multiple times within a couple hours and still getting different BSOD...
  4. Computer keeps Freezing/BSOD with different codes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Getting kernel errors and BSODs clock_watchdog_timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting kernel errors and BSODs clock_watchdog_timeout: I had a forum going from October 7th but seems to have been deserted. I did all of the requested steps and have still been getting the same and MORE BSODs now. Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSODs and other ntsys and kernel type BSODs. I constantly have apps crashing and or...
  6. Getting kernel errors and BSODs clock_watchdog_timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting kernel errors and BSODs clock_watchdog_timeout: I had a forum going from October 7th but seems to have been deserted. I did all of the requested steps and have still been getting the same and MORE BSODs now. Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSODs and other ntsys and kernel type BSODs. I constantly have apps crashing and or...
  7. Error Code: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hey, whenever i try to play VRChat my game will bluescreen after around 20-30 minutes. I've never experienced issues like this so i'm lost on what to do. i've looked it up, followed what the steps say yet no change. Any tips on how to fix? I get the error code:...
  8. I keep getting the BSOD error code of CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, the computer would freeze up,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting the BSOD error code of CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, the computer would freeze up,...: So I just started having this issue for a week now. My troubleshooting steps were to switch out the ram for a different one, that didn't work. This computer doesn't have much files than a couple of games because it is a budget build to do homework, I decided to do a clean...
  9. Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error

Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error: Hi, I have had my PC for 3 years now. This is the following specs: Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4 AM4 CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1600 6-Core 3.2 GHz (3.6 GHz Turbo) RAM: 32 GB Power Supply: SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM 550W ATX12V OS: Windows 10 Pro Build 19041.329 Ever since...
  10. My PC keeps freezing? Clock_watchdog_timeout ERROR

My PC keeps freezing? Clock_watchdog_timeout ERROR: Hello there. I have been having problems with my PC multiple times these last several weeks. It started when I played the game MORDHAU. Suddenly, whie I was playing, my PC just froze... And after about an hour, I chose to hold the shutdown button for 10 seconds. This was the...